1/72nd Airfix Whitley Mk V BOAC

Thanks chaps, very much appreciated....

(I'm trying to imagine what sort of ride the paying customers got!)

Thanks Rumble, luckily they only hefted freight about, though I'm sure the odd VIP sneaked aboard...and promptly wish he hadn't !

Good strong thrusting chin too.

That should push up the mach number!

True Pete...the Mach number may well have soared up to a terrifying 0.05 or something equally rivet popping....funnily enough it didn't improve performance much at all. the extra tankage and cargo made sure of that..

I'm wanting to do all the bombers in their respective civvy configurations and this is just the inspiration to pick this one up.

Thanks Neil, yes I'm not allowed to tell the big boys what I'm making for the magazines on threat of death and worse. Good plan, very tempted with a Stirling and Halibag, (not to mention Lancastrian and Halton) in their respective de-mob suits, they all look rather nice....actually the new AIM/Rug Rat DH.91 Albatross looks rather tempting too...:hmmm:

• Like 2

Yes I saw it in the magazine. Liked it then and like it now. 

As for the ride potential passengers may have had. It would be luxurious compared to riding in the bomb bay of a BOAC Mosquito!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Thanks Patrick, it will be on the Airfix/AMW stand along with a few other test shot's I've done for them recently, hope to see you all there for a chat...

I should be there with my five Vildebeest / Vincent. 

Patrick

• Like 1

Thanks fellas, 

Patrick, Vildebeest/Vincent, wonderful machines...five eh, you've been busy, loook forward to seeing them on parade.

I shudder to think what the in-flight catering was like.

Doesn't bear thinking, Plum Duff, Rat Eu'van and apple crumble and Baldrick's finest 'custard'...

I hope Baldrick has been summoned to provide suitable reward for a job well done?

Once Darling has finished with him I'll be giving him a damn good thrashing, six of the best, trousers down as recompense for services rendered, (that's provided he's finished cleaning the latrines with his toothbrush !)

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I'ts heartening to see modellers that like something a bit different. I think it was pretty adventurous of Airfix to field this version as there were relatively few converted and they didn't last very long in service, just four months in fact.....

Just hope it inspires them to do a few more in the same vein.........an AW Ensign would be nice :coolio:

• Like 1