In the Navy Chat

rob85

5 hours ago, mirageiv said:

Hi guys, can I join the fun with a Marineflieger Tornado? Something like this: 

Tornado IDS MFG2

I think I'll use the Revell 1/48 kit, it is about time I stopped looking at the box and built one!

Cheers,

David 

It is under the command of the navy, and a great subject choice! So please do! It would be fantastic to get a tornado in this GB.

Rob

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lex77 said:

Missed the start of this GB.

Anybody build the Kinetic E-2C? Is it doable in a month?

I think there was one, but might be confused! Happily have another anyway! Yeah sure, especially if you build quick and your on lock down 😃

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

If we get another eleven entries in the gallery, the forum software will not be able to handle a poll!   :lol:  

The Nordic GB recently broke the forum.   I see no reason why this GB shouldn't...   :thumbsup: 

• Haha 2

Enzo, if someone can convince my boss and my infant that Battleship construction is a far more vital use of my time, I will gladly assist in breaking the site! 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'll hopefully be doing my part later this week.  Now that the BUK is done, I can re-direct some of my attention back to this one.

• Like 1

Gidday, I'll try to get USS England done in time.

If it's numbers of completed builds you want, would paper boats and planes count? 😁 Maybe not.     Regards, Jeff.

Edited by ArnoldAmbrose
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Rob, stop scaring me!! Now I feel compelled to spend the rest of the night glued to my desk (hopefully not literally, but it has happened in the past...)

• Haha 4

Oh boy, only week left?! Luckily I'm in a good place with the Vigilante but I think the A-6 will be a no-show. Kinda spent all my energy on the Nordic GB, have to slow down a bit :drunk:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, reini said:

Oh boy, only week left?! Luckily I'm in a good place with the Vigilante but I think the A-6 will be a no-show. Kinda spent all my energy on the Nordic GB, have to slow down a bit :drunk:

hmmmm maybe, just maybe we can get the mods ( @rob85, @Enzo Matrix) to give us some much deserved ;) extra time? I would definitely try to do the best of it! 

I am sure others could also need some extra time to challenge the forum system and adding more quality to gallery quantity! :) 

thanks in advance!

Werner

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There will indeed be an extra week for the group build! As suggested above by @exdraken...

there are a number of builds that my be able to make it with an extension, so the very kind @Enzo Matrix has agreed to extend for 1 week to give everyone the chance to get their builds over the line! He’s a good person!

so get building people! You can do this!

Rob

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, rob85 said:

There will indeed be an extra week for the group build! As suggested above by @exdraken...

there are a number of builds that my be able to make it with an extension, so the very kind @Enzo Matrix has agreed to extend for 1 week to give everyone the chance to get their builds over the line! He’s a good person!

so get building people! You can do this!

Rob

Praise the Britmodeller gods 👏🏼 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, bianfuxia said:

Does the gallery lock at midnight on the 13th or midnight on the 14th? I just realised I still have to take a pic of my completed builds 🙄

Sunday night.

This last week has absolutely flown by! There is now less than 48 hours to get your builds finished and posted in the gallery, all builds need to be in there before midnight tomorrow! Watch out for your glass slippers....

Rob

Well everyone it’s a very important day today, not only is it trump’s birthday, it’s also my mother’s... but the really important thing is that it is the final day of this fantastic GB!

I'm astounded by the volume of builds and the quality of the work, the gallery is brimming with excellent aircraft, subs, ships, towing vehicle, sections of deck, small explosive robot tanks, missiles!.... you name it we’ve got it! 

everyone has really... pushed the boat out 😃... and made this a brilliant and varied GB, so thank you to everyone that’s taken part, weather that’s building and entire armada of ships, or just managing to fit in a tiny contribution! 

cheers all and use the last few hours wisely.

Rob

• Like 8

Just posted my last two builds in the gallery. Thanks to everyone who's taken part but particularly the hosts for a fantastic group build - such a great variety of builds, a gallery that runs to 4 pages (so far), and personally I've been inspired to try a few new things.

Thanks, and on to kits I built as a kid.

cheers

Julian

• Thanks 1

Okay, you've broken the forum software again!   There are 97 entries in the Gallery.  There is no way that the poll can handle that many entries!!!

You lot are doing this deliberately, intcha?  :lol:  

Edit:  Now 99.  Can we break the century? 

• Haha 3