In the Navy Chat

rob85

13 hours ago, trickyrich said:

arrr poor Pat....he just wishes he could handle the big stuff!!!

You need to come down under for an education...

Great thanks for the invitation Rich, Mrs Jockney and both sets of twins just need you to PM us your address.

Mrs Trickyrich and yourself will soon get used to bagpipe playing and haggis neeps and tatties every mealtime, you'll hardly notice we are there !

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Great thanks for the invitation Rich, Mrs Jockney and both sets of twins just need you to PM us your address.

Mrs Trickyrich and yourself will soon get used to bagpipe playing and haggis neeps and tatties every mealtime, you'll hardly notice we are there !

you'd melt in the heat!

Hmmm not too sure about the Haggis part....a nice steak on the barbie is much nicer.......though you'll need to bring plenty of whiskey!!!  :D

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

can I just point out that the They Also Serve forum alsts all year.  Plenty of time to build it as a tribute to the Anything But Injection GB.  :thumbsup:  

as tempting as it is I have some big builds planned for the later part of the year, so time is tight.

Plus I need to teach myself how to use my new Silhouette Curio! :D Going to start to do all my own custom masks (it's even good on 10 thou plastic sheet), am planning a 1/32nd Splinter MiG now I can do my own masks!  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rob85 said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on egg planes and the like? Ok as long as they depict something in line with the rules? Or no as it’s not an accurate representation?? (Not that I can ever be accused of being accurate) I am at a cross roads.

Rob

Yeah it’s still a representation of something ‘in the navy’ just caricature form.

I just finished a pair of ’eggcats’ - was great fun. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rob85 said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on egg planes and the like? Ok as long as they depict something in line with the rules? Or no as it’s not an accurate representation?? (Not that I can ever be accused of being accurate) I am at a cross roads.

Rob

If it were an entry to be eligible for a prize, I would lean towards no.

But since there are no official prizes and the point of all of this is to have fun and build a sense of camaraderie with like-minded hobbyists, I don't have any issues with it.  :thumbsup:

Besides...I may have built one in the past.....
DSCF2028.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sorry @rob85, this one crept up on me.  Work has been hell lately and I've been lagging behind the forums, building, and pretty much everything else.  I'll try to step it back up, at least for the couple months or so.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, helios16v said:

Sorry @rob85, this one crept up on me.  Work has been hell lately and I've been lagging behind the forums, building, and pretty much everything else.  I'll try to step it back up, at least for the couple months or so.  

No need to apologise! It was your support that helped get this GB in! 

also I know how you feel about work taking over!

good to have you back.

Rob

5 hours ago, helios16v said:

yes you have been noticeably absent!! 

Now go sit in a corner and start building a model!!! :D

• Haha 3

Hi Rob,

I have been wanting to join this GB for a while, however I haven't been able to find enough details for what I wanted to build.  My subject would have been HMS Endurance, the 1960's version but now I shall attempt an aircraft carrier to 1:350 scale. 

It looks like I still have a day to decide and it will be a choice between HMS Victorious, post 1958 rebuild, or HMS Ark Royal IV, post 1970 rebuild: when they had full angled-decks fitted.   So, it's going to be Sea Vixens vs Phantoms at the moment! :undecided:

Mike

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bootneck said:

it will be a choice between HMS Victorious, post 1958 rebuild, or HMS Ark Royal IV, post 1970 rebuild: when they had full angled-decks fitted. 

Do you really want me to say it?!?!?  :wicked:  

• Haha 1