In the Navy Chat

rob85

3 hours ago, zebra said:

I'm still not completely decided on what to build, only that I want to get at least 2 or 3 done in this GB. Might be challenging with the Lanc STGB at the same time, but will give it a go. First two, in no particular order, will be a 1/48 Hunter T.8 (Airfix with Aerocraft conversion) and a US Navy A-4C in Naval Air Test Center colours. After that, who knows, the shortlist is 25 kits long but includes an F-8, more Skyhawks, a C-9 Nightingale and an EAV-8B to start with.

I have two lanc’s I want to do for that GB but I think that’s pushing my luck with my current output.

Not had anyone chose a Nightingale for the GB yet.... just saying

42 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Depending on what I see at the convention this Sunday,I might step out of my normal field of modeling (32 nd planes) and go for a U-boot !

Nice to step outside the comfort zone! Would be good to see more u-boats built.

Rob

• Like 1

Cant wait for this to start now. Dug my kit out, blew off the dust and gave it a good wash (don't want to waste GB time on menial tasks now do we 😁). Now its got a week to dry off before I dive in! (first weekend ruined dur to my lad being at an 'away' soccer tournament)

2020-02-10_11-59-32

This is my 1:48 Italeri Avenger ……. just waiting!

Cheers now

Bob

• Like 3

20 hours ago, BlueNosers352nd said:

You guys are killing me with all these GB's!   Guess I can't stop myself but I am going to enter with.................

1/48 Hasegawa F6F-3

CAM Decals (not sure which bird yet)

True Details Cockpit

Ultracast Wheels

Ok, I lied!   In doing some web surfing today I found the scheme I had to do.  So I am switching to the...............Eduard F6F-3 1/48 Profipack.  Didn't want to buy a new kit, but the scheme is on the decal sheet for this kit and I like unusual schemes.

49516704036_1bde01f19b_c.jpg

VF-38 F6F-3 Hellcat #117 by Jim Fox, on Flickr

Edited by BlueNosers352nd
Wrong VF
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, BlueNosers352nd said:

Ok, I lied!   In doing some web surfing today I found the scheme I had to do.  So I am switching to the...............Eduard F6F-3 1/48 Profipack.  Didn't want to buy a new kit, but the scheme is on the decal sheet for this kit and I like unusual schemes.

49516704036_1bde01f19b_c.jpg

VF-38 F6F-3 Hellcat #117 by Jim Fox, on Flickr

I REALLY like that scheme! Do you know if they do it in 1/72??

Rob

There's some great subjects already in the mix for this one should be another blockbuster GB really looking forward to it but none of the usual stupidity from

me after the Mustang GB's multi build epic fails I plan to do a few but one at a time!

• Like 1

right this maybe on topic but i'll say right from the start I won't be building this......way too much work needed and I really want to do my Super Bug.

But this beautiful thing arrived for me in the post today!!!! :wub:  I have been chasing one of these for ages, have only ever seen 2 for sale ( and never a built one)...and yes she was much cheaper than the Trumpy version........and a much nicer model I reckon as well.

IMG_4167-L.jpg

I loved it sooooooo much I actually spent the afternoon going over it and fondling all the bits lovingly!! Yes I do have a resin problem!!!  :whistle: :D

Yes she is full resin with some extra white metal & plastic rod bits thrown in, the box is/was packed tight with bits.

IMG_4168-L.jpg

As can be seen by the wee 6" ruler she's a big beasty....just how I like'm! :D

IMG_4169-L.jpg

IMG_4172-L.jpg

I really don't have time to build her for this GB, but she is very high up the build list. There are some nice AM stuff for the Trumpy model, so I'll stitch a lot of those into her. Scheme, probably FAA, the model allows you to build the -1, -1C & -3 versions which is nice

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, trickyrich said:

right this maybe on topic but i'll say right from the start I won't be building this......way too much work needed and I really want to do my Super Bug.

But this beautiful thing arrived for me in the post today!!!! :wub:  I have been chasing one of these for ages, have only ever seen 2 for sale ( and never a built one)...and yes she was much cheaper than the Trumpy version........and a much nicer model I reckon as well.

IMG_4167-L.jpg

I loved it sooooooo much I actually spent the afternoon going over it and fondling all the bits lovingly!! Yes I do have a resin problem!!!  :whistle: :D

Yes she is full resin with some extra white metal & plastic rod bits thrown in, the box is/was packed tight with bits.

IMG_4168-L.jpg

IMG_4169-L.jpg

IMG_4172-L.jpg

I really don't have time to build her for this GB, but she is very high up the build list. There are some nice AM stuff for the Trumpy model, so I'll stitch a lot of those into her. Scheme, probably FAA, the model allows you to build the -1, -1C & -3 versions which is nice

You say you won’t get it done but it looks like you have it half built already 😂..... and there is only one avenger so far.....

it looks a great kit, more in your league than mine though, Nice find!

Rob

Edited by rob85
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, stevej60 said:

There's some great subjects already in the mix for this one should be another blockbuster GB really looking forward to it but none of the usual stupidity from

me after the Mustang GB's multi build epic fails I plan to do a few but one at a time!

It’s shaping up very nicely so far! Over the moon with what’s put up so far, great range of subject, aircraft carriers, u boats, jets, piston engine.... waiting for some left field builds to crop up, some vehicles would be cool!

Rob

I had originally planned a double build in the S'fire STGB - An MPM Spitfire Mk.XI and a Sword Seafire Mk.IIc - but as I noticed this Navy GB overlaps the STGB I might enter the latter here and split the builds :hmmm:. Anyways, I won't start even a placeholder thread yet, but that new plan sounds better day by day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

I had originally planned a double build in the S'fire STGB - An MPM Spitfire Mk.XI and a Sword Seafire Mk.IIc - but as I noticed this Navy GB overlaps the STGB I might enter the latter here and split the builds :hmmm:. Anyways, I won't start even a placeholder thread yet, but that new plan sounds better day by day.

I think it’s one of your best plans yet VP.

Rob

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, trickyrich said:

IMG_4167-L.jpg

IMG_4168-L.jpg

IMG_4169-L.jpg

IMG_4172-L.jpg

Dear Rich

Forgive me for pointing out the obvious but do you have a bit of a thing about size ?

No one will think any less of you building in 1/72 you know !

Look I know Oz is a big place but theres no need to keep rubbing it in ok 😉

cheers Pat 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 2/10/2020 at 5:10 PM, rob85 said:

I REALLY like that scheme! Do you know if they do it in 1/72??

Rob

Yes Rob, Eduard have a 1/72 Weekend edition with these decals. I built last year for the Grumman GB.

Cheers Allan 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Dear Rich

Forgive me for pointing out the obvious but do you have a bit of a thing about size ?

No one will think any less of you building in 1/72 you know !

Look I know Oz is a big place but theres no need to keep rubbing it in ok 😉

cheers Pat 

arrr poor Pat....he just wishes he could handle the big stuff!!!

You need to come down under for an education....where men are men....and sheep are scared (cause chased by Kiwi's!!!). :rofl2: 

• Haha 4

shiver me timbers - old matie's soo many ships appear in the GB's WIP area  we have an international Navy .... in the Navy GB

Makes me think I should have build something with a propellor at the wrong end, especially as my cousin is a serving member of the RN - though none of his ships are currently available as kits and my scratch building skills are limited !! 

I will stick with the aircraft !

• Haha 3

On 11/02/2020 at 12:09, trickyrich said:

I really don't have time to build her for this GB, but she is very high up the build list.

can I just point out that the They Also Serve forum alsts all year.  Plenty of time to build it as a tribute to the Anything But Injection GB.  :thumbsup:  

• Like 1

What’s everyone’s thoughts on egg planes and the like? Ok as long as they depict something in line with the rules? Or no as it’s not an accurate representation?? (Not that I can ever be accused of being accurate) I am at a cross roads.

Rob