In the Navy Chat

rob85

On 1/26/2020 at 7:07 PM, klr said:

Count me in as well, subject to be decided, but I'll try to go for a ship or boat.

A fine plan for a navy GB!

12 hours ago, almac said:

Morning all. I'm in for this one. I've got so many Navy aircraft, mostly US with some FAA, to chose from. Would a US Marines A-4m count as I've just bought a Hobby2000 fujimi rebox I can't wait to start.

Cheers Allan

US Marines definitely count so bring your A-4M along! Welcome aboard.

Rob

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, rob85 said:

A fine plan for a navy GB!

US Marines definitely count so bring your A-4M along! Welcome aboard.

Rob

Thanks Rob

Cheers  Allan 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, danielwood5 said:

Can I put myself down for this build? I'm pretty certain I've got a Sea Balliol in the the loft that I've been too scared to make a start on. If I can't find that one I've got a few other options that would fit this GB. 

Of course! Welcome along.

not long now all, a mere 10 days!

Rob

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rob85 said:

Of course! Welcome along.

not long now all, a mere 10 days!

Rob

Ten days?!  Time goes fast. I still haven't finished my Stuka, Im all in several Nordic builds that are far from finished... and have couple Navy builds lined up. If everything fails some of them can be moved to Vietnam, but I need to do atleast one 'Navy'. Oh my...

*Crawls back into the modelling cave*

• Like 2

7 hours ago, reini said:

I still haven't finished my Stuka, Im all in several Nordic builds that are far from finished... and have couple Navy builds lined up.

yassee,,,?  That's the true Groupbuild spirit!  :thumbsup: 

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, reini said:

Ten days?!  Time goes fast. I still haven't finished my Stuka, Im all in several Nordic builds that are far from finished... and have couple Navy builds lined up. If everything fails some of them can be moved to Vietnam, but I need to do atleast one 'Navy'. Oh my...

*Crawls back into the modelling cave*

Work man, work!! I always try my best with GB’s but I think the point is to get people building or interested in different subjects.... but maybe not finish them all!

i hope you find time to start something you might not finish with the Navy! 

• Like 2

Time to get back into the cockpit .. erm saddle .. Can I join - my new years resolution is to start and finish at least one GB 

Now which Navy subject to build  Tamiya 1/48th F-14A ,  HobbyBoss 1/48th F/A-18A ,  Eduard 1/48th Harrier or Tamiya 1/48th F-16CJ Agressor ....  time to procrastinate until Feb15th :)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RJ-WobblyHands said:

Now which Navy subject to build  Tamiya 1/48th F-14A ,  HobbyBoss 1/48th F/A-18A ,  Eduard 1/48th Harrier or Tamiya 1/48th F-16CJ Agressor ....

Don't make me say it!  You wouldn't like me when  say it...   :wicked:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Ive decided to ho with a Fujimi Vought Cutlass. It was reboxed by Testor’s in the late 80’s but it is Fujimi. htPpbeG.jpg
The kit markings of VF-124 will be my backup I'm going to try to do a VA-12 plane or VF/VA-83 as another back-up. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 8

I have the Fujimi boxing of the F7U- M which was one of my candidates for this GB, but at the moment it looks like my entries will be the Hasegawa 1/72 EKA-3B Skywarrior and perhaps the Emhar F3H-N or M. Depending on how my entry for the Lancaster STGB goes, I may have time for more. I will start a thread once the GB becomes live, presumably this weekend?

Pete

• Like 4

On 2/5/2020 at 8:06 PM, Jb65rams said:

With less than two weeks to the start, I have finally made a decision on my entry. 

I am going with Tamiya's 1/48 Skyray & Skyraider.

spacer.png 

Nice choices, I’m definitely a fan of that sky ray, always thought they looked cool! And the skyraider, a classic.

On 2/5/2020 at 8:19 PM, RJ-WobblyHands said:

Time to get back into the cockpit .. erm saddle .. Can I join - my new years resolution is to start and finish at least one GB 

Now which Navy subject to build  Tamiya 1/48th F-14A ,  HobbyBoss 1/48th F/A-18A ,  Eduard 1/48th Harrier or Tamiya 1/48th F-16CJ Agressor ....  time to procrastinate until Feb15th :)

Nice choices, procrastinate away! I think you would like my advice as much as Enzo’s however.

On 2/5/2020 at 8:39 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

Don't make me say it!  You wouldn't like me when  say it...   :wicked:

Hulk build! Hulk build them all!

17 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ive decided to ho with a Fujimi Vought Cutlass. It was reboxed by Testor’s in the late 80’s but it is Fujimi. htPpbeG.jpg
The kit markings of VF-124 will be my backup I'm going to try to do a VA-12 plane or VF/VA-83 as another back-up. 

That’s a snazzy looking aircraft, bit thunderbirds! Never seen one of these so glad your building it! P.s. any sign of the decals yet? I know I posted them late but the should be there about now-ish? 

2 hours ago, PeterB said:

I have the Fujimi boxing of the F7U- M which was one of my candidates for this GB, but at the moment it looks like my entries will be the Hasegawa 1/72 EKA-3B Skywarrior and perhaps the Emhar F3H-N or M. Depending on how my entry for the Lancaster STGB goes, I may have time for more. I will start a thread once the GB becomes live, presumably this weekend?

Pete

Naaah sack off the Lancaster, they weren’t that important, don’t ever look nice, build more navy! (I joke, I have two lanc’s I want to build such a beautiful graceful aircraft!) look forward to your choices going into the GB!

Rob

Well kit number two "acquired" for this GB so that's the Matchbox Sea Fox and now Curtis Hell diver (bi-plane) coming from me if all goes well I hope to

round it up to three.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Well kit number two "acquired" for this GB so that's the Matchbox Sea Fox and now Curtis Hell diver (bi-plane) coming from me if all goes well I hope to

round it up to three.

Nice choices...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stevej60 said:

round it up to three.

Nice to get some biplanes on the list, nice choices!

Rob

53 minutes ago, Paul Bradley said:

Am I the only person planning on doing an actual ship...? 😛🤣😉

Nope, I plan to attack the old Airfix HMS Nelson with a sharp hammer and some badly bent PE, so there will be at least two boats (maybe three if I give in and buy one of those Flyhawk Scharnhorst kits that keep haunting me...) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paul Bradley said:

Am I the only person planning on doing an actual ship...? 😛🤣😉

1 hour ago, NotDaMama said:

Nope, I plan to attack the old Airfix HMS Nelson {snip}

I've already volunteered HMS Renown, a pre-Dreadnought.
I also have a Hunt II destroyer that nobody knows about, 'cause I never said

• Like 4

I'm seriously stuck here....I have Airfix kits of; HMS King George V...large and very detailed with etch but supposed to be a nice build, HMS Nelson with etch which I wish to convert to HMS Rodney....might take too much work...HMS Suffolk that I wish to convert to HMS Dorsetshire ( have sourced atch but not bought it yet otherwise same as Rodney/Nelson), HMS Ajax, and I'm saving that until I have the PE, HMS Ark Royal ditto Ajax plus, I've only had one go at a ship in recent decades and it was relatively simple...

Is KGV a reliable build as regards reasonable accuracy and fit or is it a definite "seriously experienced ship modeller" kit?

• Like 2

All I know is I want to start another tomcat. Hopefully building to a gb deadline will spur me and help focus instead of dabbling with so many all at once. 

Which kit to start and then which scheme to choose is the main thing I’m struggling with. 1st world problems hey! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

All I know is I want to start another tomcat. Hopefully building to a gb deadline will spur me and help focus instead of dabbling with so many all at once. 

Which kit to start and then which scheme to choose is the main thing I’m struggling with. 1st world problems hey! 

VF111 Miss Molly Markings....  A personal favourite...

15 minutes ago, Grey Beema said:

VF111 Miss Molly Markings....  A personal favourite...

Yeah but that scheme has been done loads so not for me. 
Speaking of vf111, Just took delivery of the 1/72 Furball sundowners anthology and some more new academy 72nd kits. Watch this space...