In the Navy Chat

rob85

I wouldn’t beat yourself too much @stevej60. From what I’ve seen it looks like you’ve had a great year and although not all have ended up completed you’re most certainly amongst friends in that category!! See you round the GB traps as 2020 rolls along. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 6

Just a thought, could i bring over a refugee from another GB ?

It fully qualifies as its a Frog Royal Navy Avenger from Macrhihanish in Kintyre.

This will be in addition to the Blackburn Roc I promise 😉

cheers Pat

• Like 2

On 1/5/2020 at 10:38 AM, stevej60 said:

My recent GB entries have been a disaster all three in the floatplane and three in the P-40 GB's were never completed so I was hoping 2020

would fare better then this morning I lost a bl***y Mustang for the STGB  thanks yet again to the compressor(its a small Revell one) falling off 

the bench,on a more cheery note I got a lovely Revell re-box of the Seafox for a snip on E-bay so I'll build it for this GB in it's pre war silver scheme.

A lovely choice for the GB Steve! Don’t be too hard on your self about output, your normally pretty prolific! And you could be worse, the only finished models for me this year were three spitfires.... that had been started 2 years ago... I too am hoping for better in 2020.

Rob

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 10:00 PM, JOCKNEY said:

Just a thought, could i bring over a refugee from another GB ?

It fully qualifies as its a Frog Royal Navy Avenger from Macrhihanish in Kintyre.

This will be in addition to the Blackburn Roc I promise 😉

cheers Pat

I would love to see an avenger in this GB Pat, so yeah bring it along! 

Rob

• Thanks 1

I'm definitely joining this GB - as well as the Airfix Sea Vixen I've just realised that my Eduard Ltd Edition Su-27UB boxing has decals for Red60 of the Russian Naval Air Force.  With almost four months allocated it should be possible to build both of them (well, that's the theory!)

See you all next month,

Mike

• Like 1

I think I got it, what I will build for this GB:

spacer.png

Been looking at this kit for a while and today I finally bought it. Designed as a supersonic nuclear bomber - but its career would have been very short unless it hadn't gotten a second chance as a reconnaissance aircraft. In which purpose it served very succesfully during the Vietnam war.

Just need to get some decals for it, as I want to represent a vietnam war era plane.

• Like 7

Unfortunately  lot of the preserved examples are marked up as belonging to RVAH 3, the training Squadron and so kit manufacturers do seem to favour their markings. I have decs for RVAH 3, 5 (x2) 6 and 13 so if you get stuck give me a shout as I might be able to spare something suitable that was carrier based in Vietnam.

Pete

• Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 5:36 PM, JOCKNEY said:

I found a Seafang in the stash today, out of curiosity would these be eligible  ? 

Yep its down as being used by FAA! Happy to have it along!

On 1/12/2020 at 6:24 PM, Tony Oliver said:

Hello, may I join in with a USN jet? 

A couple of missed gb’s due to work last year (sharkmouth and film one) 

GB’s give a purpose to get something going on the bench. 

Tony

Of course! 

On 1/13/2020 at 5:31 PM, reini said:

I think I got it, what I will build for this GB:

spacer.png

Been looking at this kit for a while and today I finally bought it. Designed as a supersonic nuclear bomber - but its career would have been very short unless it hadn't gotten a second chance as a reconnaissance aircraft. In which purpose it served very succesfully during the Vietnam war.

Just need to get some decals for it, as I want to represent a vietnam war era plane.

That looks an interesting subject, nice choice

Rob

• Like 1

In some respects the A5 had a similar history to the French Mirage IV which I hope to enter in the Heller Classic. Designed as a supersonic nuclear bomber, once that role was removed it not really suitable for conventional bombing so ended up as a fast recce plane.

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, rob85 said:

Now, I’ve never hosted a group build.... is there any tips? Anything I should be doing? As I don’t know.

Rob

Not to much i just did my first and 2nd host with the Patton tank build and Sci-fi/Movie-TV builds. Just check out the builds, gallery, and chat threads on a daily basis. If needed comment with some encouragement and or answer questions in the chat or build threads. Keep an eye out for anything like buying and selling or arguments. If you find something warn the member(s) to move it to the appropriate areas or stop. If they don't we get Enzo involved. 

When Enzo sets this up and moves you to the current builds section, you will be getting an extra set of controls to do some moderating. Things will look slightly different from your normal screen, but not to far off from what you normally see. If you have any questions ask Enzo or anyone thats hosted a build, me included. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, rob85 said:

Now, I’ve never hosted a group build.... is there any tips? Anything I should be doing? As I don’t know.

Dennis and Robert have said it all.  The BM groupbuild massive has become a proper community over the past few years.  We won't let you go wrong.   It's good to have you along.  :thumbsup:   You're one of us now....

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

What I should do for this is a few "easy" kits such as my Airfix Firefly, Sea Fury and Sea Hawk. What I may actually do is some of my USN planes - Fury, Demon, Cutlass, Hornet etc. As there are quite a few overlapping GB in the next few months, I will have to see how much time I actually have. In terms of reducing my far too large stash, I could empty 3 or 4 small boxes, or maybe 1 or 2 big ones, such as my one year old Airfix F4K. Off the top of my head I can think of 17 kits which would qualify, and are not in any other GB (if anybody was thinking of a Grumman STGB I have 7). I might wait and see what else is being entered and try and do something different - EKA3-B for example (now there will be half a dozen "Whales" entered I expect).

Don't you just hate having to make a choice - and NO, I am not going to build them all Enzo!

Cheers

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just found this thread (I seem to really struggle as to which & when these GBs are on or starting. So a resounding "yes" from me...just got to decide which Senior Service (or Colonial cousin) kit to build.......might even get around to changing my banner at the bottom of my post to something more relevant to this new build :)

oh, wait, just to confirm , I don't need to be "in the Navy" to enter this GB?????

• Haha 3

On 1/23/2020 at 7:23 PM, FIGHTS ON said:

Just found this thread (I seem to really struggle as to which & when these GBs are on or starting. So a resounding "yes" from me...just got to decide which Senior Service (or Colonial cousin) kit to build.......might even get around to changing my banner at the bottom of my post to something more relevant to this new build :)

oh, wait, just to confirm , I don't need to be "in the Navy" to enter this GB?????

No just the subject 😃 but extra points if you are (I’m not actually awarding points, they are metaphorical) welcome along!

we are starting feb 15th, there is a handy calendar hanging around somewhere!

Rob

Morning all. I'm in for this one. I've got so many Navy aircraft, mostly US with some FAA, to chose from. Would a US Marines A-4m count as I've just bought a Hobby2000 fujimi rebox I can't wait to start.

Cheers Allan

• Like 1