In the Navy Chat

rob85

Oh this is going to end so badly... but what the hell! Count me (back) in! The bench may be full (and the shelf too) but I'm sure I can find space for something what done float :wicked:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NotDaMama said:

Oh this is going to end so badly... but what the hell! Count me (back) in! The bench may be full (and the shelf too) but I'm sure I can find space for something what done float :wicked:

What’s life without a bit of risk! I haven’t finished anything in the last 18 months, and I’ve promised to build HMS Belfast.... 😃

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

#23 is still in 👍

This is good news #23!

Rob

• Like 1

hmmmm I'd thought I had signed up for this one....... better add me!

gosh the only navy thing in the stash is another 1/32nd resin Sea Fury.... or asimilar F9F-5 Panther, had forgotten about that, guess I have something that would suit! :D

• Like 2

11 hours ago, trickyrich said:

hmmmm I'd thought I had signed up for this one....... better add me!

gosh the only navy thing in the stash is another 1/32nd resin Sea Fury.... or asimilar F9F-5 Panther, had forgotten about that, guess I have something that would suit! :D

I’m happy if you want to buy other options before hand 😃. I’ve edited the list to give you a 👍🏻

Rob

I've finally acquired the USS Springfield.  I've been on the hunt for one of these for the past couple years since I found out they were produced.  While a little pricey, there is a personal attachment as my old man served on her back in the early '70s while she was flag ship for the 2nd Fleet.  So this GB (if goes through) will be a toss up...the Springfield, or a VAQ-135 Prowler...of which surprisingly enough I haven't built yet.

46950029214_42334af815_z.jpg

Edited by helios16v
  • Like 2

On 4/30/2019 at 7:47 AM, helios16v said:

I've finally acquired the USS Springfield.  I've been on the hunt for one of these for the past couple years since I found out they were produced.  While a little pricey, there is a personal attachment as my old man served on her back in the early '70s while she was flag ship for the 2nd Fleet.  So this GB (if goes through) will be a toss up...the Springfield, or a VAQ-135 Prowler...of which surprisingly enough I haven't built yet.

46950029214_42334af815_z.jpg

Nice find. Love it when people build kits with a personal connection, bring them to life a bit more!

Rob

On 4/30/2019 at 6:28 AM, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I wasn't in the original list but I am up for it. I would like to have a crack at a one of the floaty things in the stash

On 4/30/2019 at 7:06 AM, Beazer said:

I’m game.  Plenty of navy planes to build.

Hi both, you have been added to the list.

its now been re started in the first post and currently at 12 so over a third of the way there!

please, tell you friends!

Rob

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 9:54 PM, rob85 said:

Niiiiicce... I’ve never built a seafire 🤔

You need to sort that out soon!

2 hours ago, Col. said:

You need to sort that out soon!

This is very true Col! Maybe after I finish my spitfires 😬

would you you like to join in?

Rob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rob85 said:

This is very true Col! Maybe after I finish my spitfires 😬

would you you like to join in?

Rob

May as well while I'm here Rob. Might even do a Seafire :D 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Col. said:

May as well while I'm here Rob. Might even do a Seafire :D 

Nice!

i can’t find much in the way of 1/72 which is a shame, sword do some but they appear thin on the ground 🤷🏻‍♂️

Rob

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rob85 said:

Nice!

i can’t find much in the way of 1/72 which is a shame, sword do some but they appear thin on the ground 🤷🏻‍♂️

Rob

The Sword kits do give a nice result after some work but as you say are sadly rare now :(

• Sad 1

On 5/6/2019 at 4:44 PM, Grandboof said:

Will join please Plenty to choose from  

Martin H

On 5/6/2019 at 4:52 PM, Jb65rams said:

I would be interest. Have a number of RN Ships or FAA/USN Aircraft in the stash.

Thanks both you names are on the list! Half way now 👍🏻

• 3 weeks later...