In the Navy Chat

rob85

Hmm... a valid excuse to build a battleship. This will drive Mrs Mama nuts as there's no more man cave space anyway, so count me in! 

Now to find the biggest warship in the stash in anticipation...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 825 said:

Another one to be counted in. As my stash is heavily FAA there is an obvious start. Though as 825 junior plays American Football for the Portsmouth Destroyers and it's a long time since I built a ship, the idea of building a Portsmouth based RN destroyer is beguiling. 

825 I never saw you as a navy kinda guy :) .... a ship would be good, I intend to build my first one if this gets off the ground!

cheers both, your names are on the list

missed you there notdamama I will add you now!!

Rob

Edited by rob85

Hi Rob. Only just seen this one and it looks like you have the required number anyway, but I have something suitable for this GB, so could you please add my name to the list?

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Stix it would be an honour to have you along! 

V-P the more seafires the merrier I say! 

My build ideas deals are so far, HMS Belfast and I would like to do a pre and war time swordfish.... however this is all subject to change....and the GB even getting through.

Rob

• Like 1

Hi Rob. To answer your question at the bottom of the list in the first post - I'm pretty sure it's 30 to be in the vote at the end of the year. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:33 AM, rob85 said:

To clarify, it has to be real, no what ifs (there's a GB for that :)) and you can prove that it is under the command of a navy, the navy has to be real as well!

Oh, well...so much for anything Royal Manticoran Navy... ;)

I'd still definitely be interested!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SleeperService said:

Finally! Can I join the Navy to see the seven seas as well. Please?

RN 2CV Pick-up for me Yes it's real

Using the Heller 1/43 kit adapted to 48th which it's nearer anyway by all accounts.06.jpg

Your aboard, get ready to see the world!

nice choice, tell me it will be in hover with underslung landie! :) 

Rob

21 minutes ago, rob85 said:

Your aboard, get ready to see the world!

nice choice, tell me it will be in hover with underslung landie! :) 

Rob

2CVs are amazing but I don't think they can hover! I'm intending to do the load not the egg-beater :fool:

About 60 were brought in two batches for Albion and Bulwark. Used by the Royal marines in Malaya. Basic pick-up and an FFR version. They tried them as weapon carriers but the 2CV suspension made that a well dodgy idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SleeperService said:

2CVs are amazing but I don't think they can hover! I'm intending to do the load not the egg-beater :fool:

About 60 were brought in two batches for Albion and Bulwark. Used by the Royal marines in Malaya. Basic pick-up and an FFR version. They tried them as weapon carriers but the 2CV suspension made that a well dodgy idea.

That a citron 2 cv under there!! How good is that... that made the idea even better!

rene your on the list!

Rob

Edited by rob85

55 minutes ago, Dave Fleming said:

Someone did an RN 2CV  on here a little while back

I didn't know that I shall have a root around. FOUND IT a rather nice build as well.

There's a replica on the UK show scene which got me thinking. It seems a bit mad even for the Marines.....

The French mounted a 13mm machine gun in something similar. I'd have paid good money to see that firing!

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 4:08 AM, rob85 said:

Well in that case Sabre_days I will pop your name down! 

Rob

Thanks! I think this GB might be the perfect excuse to build the forthcoming Airfix Sea Fury (or possibly Sea Hurricane)...although I might actually tackle something that floats (probably an RCN Flower-class corvette or a WWII era US Navy fleet submarine in 1:350).

...Or maybe a Willys Jeep in USN Shore Patrol markings just for something totally different.

• Like 2