Zvezda Star Destroyer

Madmonk

Droool.....

It looks massive. Would probably fit in quite well scale-wise with Revell's Venator which is approx 50cms long. Think I read this one is 60 or thereabouts, but please feel free to correct me.  Regardless, it looks awesome. 

Is that the mini Bandai SD in the 3rd photo?

edit: oops, just noticed the metal ruler. 

Edited by R0ver

I can see a lot of people questioning themselves on how they would sneak that past the missus....!

One thing that I am not sure I like that much is the molded in Hangar bay underneath. I would prefer that as a separate piece myself to make lighting an easier task. As it is, I am not entirely sure how you would get the lighting into it. I'll have a better idea once it's in my hands :)

Would the Odyssey hangar set fit into this? If not, I would imagine that someone will create one in Shapeways or the likes

no need to sell anything, still useful

in this model, not all good

top add - on- better to do a separate piece

or - just cut, then glue the top panel

little add-ons - too thin, Yes they are in scale, but.... thin

the model is gorgeous and very high quality, but to create an effective lighting is necessary to modify some elements

do not rush immediately to collect it according to the instructions, it is better to think

while I collect it, will show the mistakes that can be avoided during Assembly

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

That's what coat room tickets are for - aren't they? I have a useful collection in different colours and numbers...

And when they finally figure out this ruse, your number will certainly be up.

• Like 4

Nice comparison picture of the Randy Cooper-Anigrand-Zvezda-and another resin cast kit that was posted over on the RPF. I'm surprised how close the Zvezda is to the Ani kit. Could just be the angle, but the super structure and the bridge on the Ani and Zvezda almost look the same size!

o5e1jt.jpg

Edited by directorcass

1 hour ago, directorcass said:

I'm surprised how close the Zvezda is to the Ani kit. Could just be the angle, but the super structure and the bridge on the Ani and Zvezda almost look the same size!

o5e1jt.jpg

Indeed. Compare the distance of the superstructure to the edge of the main hull on both. I'm growing much happier with my Anigrand, though I'm still just as tickled as anyone that finally someone is producing a decent styrene offering. If Bandai still entertains the idea of a large SD, they'd better be at the top of their game.

Revell are issuing the kit in April next year as part of the 40th line up for Star Wars rather than the Rogue One marketing, theirs was listed at the €99 mark.

After watching Rogue One I definitely want one now

• Like 1