Zvezda Star Destroyer

Madmonk

Got home from work yesterday to two nice surprises.

The Shapeways shuttle and TIE Fighters arrived and boy are they small, though I am impressed with the detail!

The other parcel was slightly larger 😱 and contained the ISD!!!  After a quick look I can confirm that it is impressive.

if Obi-Won was about the comment would be "This is the Star Destroyer kit you're looking for!"

Will post a few pics later.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Madmonk said:

The Shapeways shuttle and TIE Fighters arrived and boy are they small, though I am impressed with the detail!

The other parcel was slightly larger 😱 and contained the ISD!!!  After a quick look I can confirm that it is impressive.

if Obi-Won was about the comment would be "This is the Star Destroyer kit you're looking for!"

Awesome! Who did you order from?

On 17/12/2016 at 8:47 AM, Madmonk said:

Just received a notification saying mine has shipped and is on its way by airmail. Already bought a load of fibre to light it with but might get a little more to be on the safe side :)

15 minutes ago, Nocoolname said:

Just received a notification saying mine has shipped and is on its way by airmail. Already bought a load of fibre to light it with but might get a little more to be on the safe side :)

I've bought 5m of 64 strand 0.25mm as well as 4m of 16 strand and all the others I have!!

I've never really worked with fiber optics before, so I'm looking forward to tackling this one! I've got a few projects to do, so I might watch a few of the WIP threads from you guys for inspiration first. 

2 hours ago, Madmonk said:

I've bought 5m of 64 strand 0.25mm as well as 4m of 16 strand and all the others I have!!

I can't remember if I've asked you this before so if I have please forgive my incipient senility, where do you get your fibre optic from?

PS I've just dug out the lighting kit for the BSG Viper I won from you for the SciFi GB last year, hopefully that will see the light in the New year :)

Edited by Kallisti
  • Like 1

Apologies for the delay, work has decided for security reason we can no longer have assess to USB devices, SD cards or DVDs!!

Anyway finally got the pictures on to my lap top.

TIE Fighters

IMG_0882_zpsy0ysau15.jpg

Shuttle - wings closed

IMG_0884_zps1he4hnqt.jpg

Shuttle - wings open

IMG_0883_zpssypxs1by.jpg

Kallisti, I get the guides from eBay, the multi strand is from a seller called mjawoking and the single strand is from componentshopcouk

Cheers,

Warren

• Like 8

2 hours ago, WarthogMKL said:

Got mine from Russia today 3 weeks ahead of E bay estimate well chuffed with it

Oh man. I'm hoping I have a present on my porch when we get home from visiting family! I'm in the states though, so it'll probably take longer than it does for you guys. 

I Ordered mine and was told it was shipped on the 7th. I just got a tracking number on the 15th from USPS saying "We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece." I think that means it is ready to leave Russia and head to the states.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ZVE9057

Now listed as future release from Hannants at £137 - Not sure what the Revel re-boxing will be as that was priced at €99 when announced although its not due till April as part of the Star Wars 40th next year

45 minutes ago, Geoff_B said:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ZVE9057

Now listed as future release from Hannants at £137 - Not sure what the Revel re-boxing will be as that was priced at €99 when announced although its not due till April as part of the Star Wars 40th next year

:yikes::yikes::yikes:

On 12/22/2016 at 7:39 AM, directorcass said:

Double Giggity!!!!

Latest update from USPS Tracking- "Processed Through Facility ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) December 22, 2016 1:45 am"

It's in the States!!!!!

Mine has been "awaiting departure from Russia" since the 16th :/

Been working on mine for 24 hours fit supurb have both top and lower dagger sections finished now I am starting work on lighting the 3 main engines.

Keeping it simple three nine led flashlights from E Bay £2.00 each difusor made from plastic milk bottle epoxyed to rear of engine mounting, will say first test run looked bloody impresive and so bright you can not look right at them. Will leave the upper deck and bridge removable so I can change the batteries every 100 hours or so and turn lights on and off.

So impressed with this kit it just fits like a dream and I fully expect to have it all together by next week.

Painting I am thinking Mr color off white over a black primer base? What do you think?

Edited by WarthogMKL

Hoping to have the dagger section together in the morning. Have attached lights and I am really pleased with how it looks, though it still has to have the milk bottle diffuser added which will remove the LED dots that are visable if you look hard. Though these are BRIGHT and if you look hard yoou end up with blotchy vision for about five minutes.

I have posted some photos on Scale Aviation Modeller facebook page if you want to take a look