Zvezda Star Destroyer

Madmonk

I wasn't expecting anything to be honest.  I would however like to see some new reasonable sized kits (lets say 12" in the case of a Star Destroyer) at a reasonable price.

I bought the Bandai Millennium Falcon for just that reason - it's 9" vs 18" and was reasonably priced (I think I paid £35 for mine).

Just lately where some of these kits (not just Star Wars) are coming out it seems like, those of us at the lower end of the market in terms of budget shall we say, are being pushed out of the market.

Edited by Raven Morpheus

I don't understand You... homemade resin copied for $ 600 is not dorogo, but the factory model for $ 100 -- it's expensive???? here in Russia they say - it's expensive (the wiffle?) - as someone else makes ISD????

• Like 1

i saw on the zvezda facebook, that it's another one of those star wars kits that is only supposed to be available in the country/area of origin.

On 04/11/2016 at 7:36 AM, andygif290368 said:

i saw on the zvezda facebook, that it's another one of those star wars kits that is only supposed to be available in the country/area of origin.

I soooo hope you''re wrong about that

3 hours ago, Andrewvft said:

I soooo hope you''re wrong about that

I saw the same, unfortunately. Although, I've got plenty of bandai kits, and lord knows I'm not supposed to have those either. My wife's old college roommate was Russian, maybe I can pull some strings. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am still convinced that Revell will rebox the Zvezda kit:

Level 4

06052 Imperial Star Destroyer „40 Years of Star Wars“, 1:2670 (here: http://www.dpmv.de/index.php/48-startseite/45-beitrag-2016-11-10-neuheiten-pk-revell-1q )

It is pretty close to the 1:2700 Zvezda lists and also pretty close to the retail price (89-99 Euro).

René

I like the parts breakdown- having the superstructure detail panels added on top on the structural pieces is great (although it will making lighting a bit more difficult with two layers to drill though).

Also like the additional bracing inside the hull.

1 hour ago, Koshey said:

instruction StarDestroyer

Nicely done squire! My Russian is almost as bad as my Japanese but the pictures are nice :P It does look like it has taken some design cues from Bandai ;) but thats not a bad thing at all. Now all we have to do is wait for it patiently........................ is it here yet?

And it says Disney on the last page, which should put to rest the rumors of it being an unlicensed product!!

I do like the parts breakdown. Yes, lighting will be a bit "different". Love the internal bracing as well. Looks like we are on schedule for next month!!!!

19 hours ago, directorcass said:

I've seen that build before. While he put a lot of effort into it, it's always seemed a bit off to me. I don't know if it's the hull being too dark a grey, or the red lights, or what, but yeah....

I like it but I think he over did it some, Those shallow raised hull plates top an d bottom had some lights but not almost outlined like that, 

Still, it is a nice job

Just a quick update from another forum.  Zvezda only has a licence to sell the kit in Russia.  So buying it there may incur import duties.

On a better note Revell are listing a Star Destroyer kit for release in April which is a similar scale to this one so with the relationship the two companies already enjoy it could be a repop.  Revell Germany are listing it at €90.

• Like 1

The first kit has appeared on eBay for pre-order $79 plus $45 shipping so $124 in total making it about £100 plus any import duty if it gets caught.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-ZVEZDA-Star-Destroyer-1-2700-Scale-New-In-Original-Box-Pre-order/152329380279?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D38530%26meid%3Df4ecfa3cf55e47dc9abff355daaf5e64%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D152319461525

I think I will wait and see what happens closer to the release date.