Zvezda Star Destroyer

Madmonk

Well, I have filed a claim with the US Post Office for finding a lost package! My SD landed in NY on the 22nd and has not been tracked since, no movement out of NY, no new tracking info. The most it would have spent in NY would have been a couple hours before it was shipped out again. It has now been one full week with no movement. With the claim I filed hopefully the lost SD will be found, but at this point I'm holding very little hope. It may be gone for good.

Screen grab from this morning. No movement!

33b1xja.jpg

Edited by directorcass

2 hours ago, directorcass said:

Well, I have filed a claim with the US Post Office for finding a lost package! My SD landed in NY on the 22nd and has not been tracked since, no movement out of NY, no new tracking info. The most it would have spent in NY would have been a couple hours before it was shipped out again. It has now been one full week with no movement. With the claim I filed hopefully the lost SD will be found, but at this point I'm holding very little hope. It may be gone for good.

Screen grab from this morning. No movement!

33b1xja.jpg

At least yours made it to NY? Mines still "awaiting departure from Russia". Been that way since the 16th. 

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:00 PM, Geoff_B said:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ZVE9057

Now listed as future release from Hannants at £137 - Not sure what the Revel re-boxing will be as that was priced at €99 when announced although its not due till April as part of the Star Wars 40th next year

Ouch!:yikes: Guess I will have to let this one disappear  into hyperspace:(

Allan

Have just finished construction and there are only a few areas that need any work.

1. Along the sides of the dagger their are a few areas with visable seams lines mostly around the hanger entrances. Small bits of very thin plasticard cut to shape easily cover these.

2. If you want to light the whole upper deck is easily removed.

I used three pairs of small powerful square magnets attached to opposie surfaces so  that magnatisam holds the upper deck tight but it is still easy to remove to turn lights on.

3. Take the assembly of the bridge area a bit slower than the rest as it is easy to misalign parts which willlead to gaps.

Honestly one of the best kits I have ever had the pleasure to build and if the rumoured £89 for the Revell vesion is right I will be laying down a second. Mine will be in paint for the new year and I aim to have it finished for the Tank Museum show at Bovington in Feb.

• Like 1

Well, it'll be at least another week before I get to see mine given that it arrived in the UK last week and was promptly handed over to Parcel McParcelFace for ransom calculation. I don't object to paying the taxes due. I 'do' object to paying the "handling fee". But what really gets me going is the length of time they take for what is essentially a computerised process and this makes the whole "handling fee" even more difficult to swallow. :rant:

Still, hopefully I can join the fun soon and like many others will be looking to light my kit.

• Like 1

That's one of the problems of bringing a kit of this size & price into the EU/UK at the bleeding edge of sales.  Slowly, slowly, catchee monkey for me, unless the aforementioned monkey doesn't get any cheaper, in which case I'll end up not catching a monkey, and being sad :(

• Like 2

On 10/21/2016 at 2:15 PM, Kallisti said:

Its not that unusual, the Thunderbird Mole kit from Aoshima I built contains an entire Airfix/Dapol girder bridge 

DSC_2759.JPG

and the Eagle Transporter has bits of Airfix Saturn 5, Tamiya Tiger and Panther Tank  all over it

DSC_4485.JPG

That Aoshima Mole is something else... Kool, with  a capital K...

• Like 1

Mine finally made it to Philadelphia! Hopefully I'll have it by Wednesday. I got a shiny new macro lens for Christmas, so if anyone wants any fetal shots, just let me know!

edit: detail shots. You can tell my phone knows I'm married to an OB

Edited by Station
  • Like 1

I see Hannants got their stock in of the Zvezda Russia boxing and have sold out already. I think I'll wait on the Revell re-bowing in April, more chance to get from a LMS and without the overseas surcharge that Hannants had to add to the price plus its parcel force delivery due to its size.

One thing that I'm wondering about this kit is what type of SD is it meant to be? There are so many of them out there it's hard to work out which one is "real"/cannon and what is fan art.

It looks quite different to the one in the Sculpting a Galaxy book - especially the front part of the lowest deck of the superstructure.That protrusion is not present on the filming model that I could see in any of the original 3 movies.

speak of the devil - mine just showed up on my doorstep no less than 10 minutes ago - despite Russia post advising me it is still to depart Russia!

I'm having a decent look at it now and am really impressed with just how detailed it really is. Sure, there is room for improvement, but that's solely a personal choice and not actually necessary. In my opinion, it absolutely :poop: all over anything Revell or AMT have previously released in terms of quality, but then, with current technology, this should not really be a surprise. 

I should think anyone who buys this would be very happy with it

• Like 1

On 19/11/2016 at 7:11 PM, Madmonk said:

Just a quick update from another forum.  Zvezda only has a licence to sell the kit in Russia.  So buying it there may incur import duties.

On a better note Revell are listing a Star Destroyer kit for release in April which is a similar scale to this one so with the relationship the two companies already enjoy it could be a repop.  Revell Germany are listing it at €90.

I believe the Revell kit is a reboxed Zvezda tooling. I saw it on one of the Revell new release listings in a post here.

Edit: a bit slow here I note this has already been mentioned :doh:

3 hours ago, Madhatter said:

speak of the devil - mine just showed up on my doorstep no less than 10 minutes ago - despite Russia post advising me it is still to depart Russia!

I'm having a decent look at it now and am really impressed with just how detailed it really is. Sure, there is room for improvement, but that's solely a personal choice and not actually necessary. In my opinion, it absolutely :poop: all over anything Revell or AMT have previously released in terms of quality, but then, with current technology, this should not really be a surprise. 

I should think anyone who buys this would be very happy with it

I'm in love with it. By far the best Star destroyer kit ever produced sub $600. For the price, it's incredible. 

I took a few pictures today of some of the detail because sprue pictures online seem a bit scarce:

http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/madhatta/slideshow/Zvezda Star Destroyer/Parts Shots

IMG_4263_zpsh0p27v8v.jpg

IMG_4259_zps7y6k8nl3.jpg

IMG_4269_zps6rgllf3j.jpg

IMG_4284_zps0zdeuk5i.jpg

there are a total of 43 pictures in that link above, so feel free to have a squiz if your interested

What I also found interesting is that it seems to be the same scale as the Venator - or at least not far off it. I took some sprue shots from both kits side by side for comparison.

Si

Edited by Madhatter
  • Like 4