Zvezda Star Destroyer

Madmonk

The high prices Revell kits are repackaged Finemolds kits. If they sold them for half that price they would be worth it, but they were expensive whan a small company such as FineMolds was producing them and now that a very large company is producing them they chose to keep the price high (or higher).

22 hours ago, Koshey said:

HxstX_j2r64.jpg

So this is the size?  Oh my gosh, "Would you look at the size of that thing!"  To quote that famous line, it's going to be a good seller for sure!  So when is the release date for it?

Edited by Mike
Removing extra photos from quote

2 hours ago, Screech said:

So this is the size?  Oh my gosh, "Would you look at the size of that thing!"  To quote that famous line, it's going to be a good seller for sure!  So when is the release date for it?

in Russia is expected in early December 2016. when Europe and the US do not know. but don't think I will have to wait.

8 hours ago, PhantomMajor said:

I believe that fine molds are making those kits for Revell and they in turn are re-boxing them in their own packaging from what I have heard. 

perhaps You are right - Europe and the United States will repackage Revell

10 hours ago, PhantomMajor said:

I believe that fine molds are making those kits for Revell and they in turn are re-boxing them in their own packaging from what I have heard. 

Revell are reboxing the 1:72 Fine Molds X-Wing, TIE Fighter and Falcon, though you will need a second mortgage to buy them!  They also have the 1:48 FM TIE Fighter as a future release.

Now on to the Star Destroyer, that last photo of the built kit with the nice man from Zvenda does it for me, that is now top of my Xmas list!!

2 hours ago, Madmonk said:

Revell are reboxing the 1:72 Fine Molds X-Wing, TIE Fighter and Falcon, though you will need a second mortgage to buy them!  They also have the 1:48 FM TIE Fighter as a future release.

Now on to the Star Destroyer, that last photo of the built kit with the nice man from Zvenda does it for me, that is now top of my Xmas list!!

X-Wing and TIE are 1:48, Falcon is 1:72. Well what is currently available. But all three are quite expensive as has been said correctly - so I fear the 99,95 Eur for the ISD is the official price for this Revell boxing. I suppose it will go down a bit if you look around. I still can trade in my old MPC kit...

IF the shop link I posted above is correct about the price (99,95 Eur) and article number (06052), then it is not the toy like Star Destroyer (29,99 EUR but already reduced at Amazon de for example to 24-something; #06756) which is already available on some online stores. In that case it is likely that Revell reboxes the Zvezda ISD as they do with other Zvezda kits (Tu 144 for example - the Revell boxing is cheaper here and has better decals btw). In case of the ISD maybe because of the licence. Maybe Zvezda is not allowed to sell it here directly.

However - either from Revell or from Zvezda - this kit is bought!

So - who is doing a Falcon and Blockaderunner in the same scale???

René

Edit: The Tu-144 is ICM of course, not Zvezda. But the Sevastolpol in 1:350 is from Zvezda and the Flanker IIRC

40 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

So - who is doing a Falcon and Blockaderunner in the same scale???

René

i didnt know anyone was doing a 1/72 scale blockade runner, now that would be an interesting kit... i know there is a resin kit out there for one but not a plastic kit, could you tell us more about that please

This is not a Revell kit nor do I think Revell will be re-boxing it. This is not the same kit that Revell released with the lights and sound. That kit is only 16 inches long, this kit is 23.6 inches. I doubt Revell would distribute these as it would take away from sales of their own kits they developed. Besides, Revell only makes toys model kits for little kids now.

• Like 2

I meant the same scale for the Blockade Runner and Falcon as the ISD from Zvezda.

I have to disagree with you directorcass - Revells own SW kits are mostly toyish but they do have some nice ones. The TIE Interceptor is really good (maybe their best efford in SW so far) and the same scale as the 1:72 FM and Bandai kits (easy to compare the cockpit sphere size wich is very close). In fact it is so good that I am not yet sure if I will invest in the Bandai kit.

The Vader TIE X from the same range is nicely detailed but a lot smaller in scale. Some of their kits are really awful.

But: As written above they also sell some of the FM kits. Though at ridiculous prices. Still they see a market for the more "demanding" modeller.

Back to topic: The only hint so far that an expensive Star Destroyer is to be released next year by Revell is the link I posted above. It quotes a Revell Star Destroyer for 99 euros and gives an article number which is not the one of the new toyish ISD kit. If this is correct then the most likely thing is Revell is reboxing the Zvezda kit. Other possibilities are they do a new tool kit them self or sell some special edition of the old MPC or their new kit. Maybe the MPC ISD with fiber optics. I hope for the Zvezda story but if not - who cares: Zvezda will bring one anyway ;-)

Revell - too greedy... they want a lot of money for something I didn't do - "Millennium Falcon"(1/72) or "X-Wing"(1/48) from "FineModels". "Zvezda" may not have direct trade opportunities in EU and USA - as with the "Topol-M"(1/72) - it packs a Revell.

On 28/10/2016 at 3:04 AM, Screech said:

I really hope that is star wars you are quoting and not debbie does dallas :D:rolleyes:

so is zvesda and revell both doing the two foot long star destroyer then?

• Like 1

EUbMBTCZtu4.jpg

bPUrmy2-vw0.jpg

aZxhSV7Fmuc.jpg

OIxEtBO828w.jpg

08mcf5c1H04.jpg

F4n_5Xm0zlI.jpg

mwYvT8jhjUo.jpg

XdPHv_1DIJ4.jpg

zfnB-Mw6wCw.jpg

sFovP15YbkM.jpg

we, in Russia already there are disputes about which is a modification of the Imperial Star Destroyer "Emperor - 1" or "Emperor - 2".

The game is early December. Length - 60 cm Number of parts - 80. Price - 4000-5500 RUB - approximately 80 Euro (exchange rate today is + 1 EUR = RUB 69,36), depending on the store. it is in Russia.

sorry, the dispute is not about the type of Star Destroyer, but the weapons represented in this model ;)

Edited by Koshey
  • Like 5