1/32 F-86K

Well I will first say that this was my first kitty hawk kit after I heard a lot of good things about them, so after more than a few issues (for me anyway) on this one, I shall reserve judgement on the Kitty Hawk brand of kits. Ignoring the kit issues, this was my first modern Luftwaffe aircraft ever, so it was a nice change from the 'norm'. Built straight from the box, except a few cables added in the cockpit to liven it up a little. I haven't had a great deal of time to get the photos I wanted, so I will add a few more later......well enjoy (hopefully) and all comments welcome.

IMG_0044%201_zpsqgpm0wum.jpg

IMG_0004_zpscxlrkhbz.jpg

IMG_0032_zpsoxqgaebb.jpg

IMG_0029_zpsty94apk8.jpg

IMG_0027_zpssdugfvow.jpg

IMG_0015_zpsolbwgvox.jpg

IMG_0007_zpslxr4kara.jpg

IMG_0006_zpslbpb31dq.jpg

IMG_0005_zps47xz5bwj.jpg

IMG_0003_zpsrhmvjnmf.jpg

IMG_0053_zpsu0xah17p.jpg

IMG_0049_zps1u6nepvc.jpg

• Like 24

4 minutes ago, ancient mariner said:

It would be helpful to hear of the issues and your solutions to them.

Well as I said I don't wish to bash Kitty Hawk just yet as its the first kit of theirs I've made, but when the sprues and pieces are numbered wrong its bit of a headache working what goes where and when. On some parts there was a lot of injection marks that I haven't been used to in a modern kit, so a lot of filling and sanding was needed in places. The instructions (to me) were confusing at times too, you'd make part A then spin it, add part B and spin and then you'd 180' the part to fix C, hard to put into words why it was so tough, but maybe I got an early version before these issues were ironed out later.......maybe

Superb!

That really looks the business in that scheme, very impressive.:goodjob:

Having built this kit as well you can rest assured that the issues are definitely the kit's! :) 

If you had issues, they do not show!

Superb finish!!!

JR

21 hours ago, Simon Cornes said:

That's very nice work - very ugly aeroplane in my opinion but you clearly know your stuff!

hahaha, I never thought she (the F-86K) was a beauty contest winner as it always reminds me of Snoopy (might be the black radome), but ugly..........

Thanks everyone for you comments