Vark! F-14A Tomcat VF-114. Tamiya 1/48.

The biggest thing is, I've cured my AMS, or at least put it in remission😝

I build almost exclusively from the box. I made a few resin or PE bits here and there, but most OOB. Second, unless it's a cockpit or an intricate wheel well, I spend little to no effort on interior items. Like intakes. Don't care if there's a San Andreas fault down the middle. I might add a cover on it. And lastly, and perhaps this is a placebo effect, but I break down the sprues as I use them. I cut off the parts for whatever subassembly I'm doing, and cut off the parts not used and toss them in the spares bin. That way, sprues are easier to access and it gives you an indicator of how much work is left. Sounds crazy, but it works! 

Also, I just get in a groove, and will spend 2, 3, 5 hours at a time on the bench. 

Edited by Habu12
  • Like 2

On October 21, 2016 at 8:17 PM, Simon382 said:

This really took just 11 days?!? Would have taken me 11 months to get anything looking that good! Very well done with an excellent model of my absolute favourite aircraft

My thoughts exactly……a very impressive build over an equally impressive period of time…...

We Done !

• Like 1

On 21/10/2016 at 9:11 PM, Habu12 said:

The biggest thing is, I've cured my AMS, or at least put it in remission😝

I build almost exclusively from the box. I made a few resin or PE bits here and there, but most OOB. Second, unless it's a cockpit or an intricate wheel well, I spend little to no effort on interior items. Like intakes. Don't care if there's a San Andreas fault down the middle. I might add a cover on it. And lastly, and perhaps this is a placebo effect, but I break down the sprues as I use them. I cut off the parts for whatever subassembly I'm doing, and cut off the parts not used and toss them in the spares bin. That way, sprues are easier to access and it gives you an indicator of how much work is left. Sounds crazy, but it works! 

Also, I just get in a groove, and will spend 2, 3, 5 hours at a time on the bench. 

I can understand this approach as it is similar to the one I have developed when I was struck by my AMS. I pick and choose kits and genres carefully and have averaged one kit (1/72 scale)  a month for two years now, and no I am not retired and yes I have a full time job.  Better model making OOB has been the way for me.  

Excellent model by by the way.  

Andrew. 

• Like 1