Combat Kits 1/72 BAe 146-100/200 resin kits - released - new boxings at Telford 2017

6 hours ago, Gulliver said:

To RCI: I have bought my CC1/CC2 at Freghtdogmodels. It's the cheepest way. 

I believe the only way to buy these now (certainly the '300') is via David Little's ebay shop.

Once the current 'Combat Kit' items listed on the Freightdog site are gone , they won't be replenished.

I think Colin the owner mentioned this in a previous post which eludes me for the moment.

Regards

• Like 1

12 hours ago, robc said:

I believe the only way to buy these now (certainly the '300') is via David Little's ebay shop.

Once the current 'Combat Kit' items listed on the Freightdog site are gone , they won't be replenished.

I think Colin the owner mentioned this in a previous post which eludes me for the moment.

Regards

i got one on ebay, seems like the same prices. but jesus christ... i paid more than 200€ incl. customs, which really is a lot. one thing i noticed is that the casting changed, and sadly now the fan is integrated into the engine inlet 😕

• Like 1

On 04/08/2021 at 01:31, RCI said:

i got one on ebay, seems like the same prices. but jesus christ... i paid more than 200€ incl. customs, which really is a lot. one thing i noticed is that the casting changed, and sadly now the fan is integrated into the engine inlet 😕

Have you recieved the kit yet?I'm very tempted to pick one up,the heart is saying yes but the credit card is saying WTF!

Only one left on ebay.Whats the quality like?It would want to be pretty good for that kind of outlay.

• Haha 1

I have CC1/CC2 kit only. Quality is good. And... exellent for the resin!  I intent to buy 200 and 300 versions. It is clear enough that we will not get Avro-146 in the nearest future. Vacuum is not in account.  Of cource the kit needs it money. I collect such a nasty  money for getting thise kits:)  Ha-ha-ha

Edited by Gulliver

... and it is necessary to say that resin has retained it shape since  it was manufactured in 2016. Tere is no one millimeter deformation. Decals are the best. But i want to get rubber wheels by Equipage instead of resin inbox wheels.

Edited by Gulliver

10 hours ago, Disraeligears said:

Have you recieved the kit yet?I'm very tempted to pick one up,the heart is saying yes but the credit card is saying WTF!

Only one left on ebay.Whats the quality like?It would want to be pretty good for that kind of outlay.

arrives today, will let you know

so the 146-300 arrived yesterday. i checked all the parts and let me write a few words as a general impression:

The castin quality is mostly ok, the wings are sadly casted from the trailing edge on, on my copy the casting block broke off and took a few bits out of the trailing edge...

For my taste the panel lines are way too deep and you can see that most of it is hand drawn, here and there it is not always straight. The cabin windows are horrible, almost every window is unique in its size and shape. The cockpit clear part also is horrible, first because of the wrong geometry and second because it is milky and has bubbles in the glas - so basically unusable.

The level of detail is ok, but then if you look at the wheels, it is not comprehensible why someone would not 3d design, print and resincopy them. The rims are not even round, no tire profile. The flightdeck is pretty basic, but at least it is there.

some PE parts for the air brake, thats great, a metal landing gear...but then again no detail in the wheel well.

i know this sounds a bit depressing, but it is just my view on this. i know i cant expect anything tamigawa like, but for a 72nd scale airliner of this size i expect a little bit more. Dont get me wrong, it is absolutely possible to build a nice model out of it, but it will take some effort. I am pretty sure other modellers wont see it that critical, which i am fine with - just my 2 cents.

best regards

On 8/10/2021 at 1:47 AM, RCI said:

so the 146-300 arrived yesterday. i checked all the parts and let me write a few words as a general impression:

The castin quality is mostly ok, the wings are sadly casted from the trailing edge on, on my copy the casting block broke off and took a few bits out of the trailing edge...

For my taste the panel lines are way too deep and you can see that most of it is hand drawn, here and there it is not always straight. The cabin windows are horrible, almost every window is unique in its size and shape. The cockpit clear part also is horrible, first because of the wrong geometry and second because it is milky and has bubbles in the glas - so basically unusable.

The level of detail is ok, but then if you look at the wheels, it is not comprehensible why someone would not 3d design, print and resincopy them. The rims are not even round, no tire profile. The flightdeck is pretty basic, but at least it is there.

some PE parts for the air brake, thats great, a metal landing gear...but then again no detail in the wheel well.

i know this sounds a bit depressing, but it is just my view on this. i know i cant expect anything tamigawa like, but for a 72nd scale airliner of this size i expect a little bit more. Dont get me wrong, it is absolutely possible to build a nice model out of it, but it will take some effort. I am pretty sure other modellers wont see it that critical, which i am fine with - just my 2 cents.

best regards

Well, scratch that one!

On 09/08/2021 at 23:47, RCI said:

best regards

Nice one cheers for that.

The previous design of the engines looks more practical to work with anyway

• Like 1