Airfix Concorde 1:72 -taming the beast!

HP42

On 4/16/2019 at 1:50 AM, HP42 said:

Yep, that step is quite a leap but it's still a WIP. If it was to go on public display I'd add an extra one as well as detail the steps a little more as they're a tad basic. The people are only held onto the surface with Blu-tac at the moment. Needs a proper base with a concrete surface etc. If the café is no longer suitable I did wonder if Duxford might take it to place in the Concorde they have there, suitable display case notwithstanding. 🤔

Guessing it was Manchester who changed things? Might be worth talking to the folks at Duxford Aviation Society instead of IWM as they look after their Concorde along with a large number of the civil aircraft,  or maybe Filton/Aerospace Bristol where Foxie lives, there's plenty of room down there! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheepie said:

maybe Filton/Aerospace Bristol where Foxie lives, there's plenty of room down there! 

They used to have Jonathan Mock's excellent model in the little portable cabin things at the original display location. Do they have any models on display in the new shed?

22 hours ago, Sheepie said:

Guessing it was Manchester who changed things? Might be worth talking to the folks at Duxford Aviation Society instead of IWM as they look after their Concorde along with a large number of the civil aircraft,  or maybe Filton/Aerospace Bristol where Foxie lives, there's plenty of room down there! 

Thanks for that. I'm in Duxford on Sat so I'll have a chat with folk then. 

• Like 1