Bandai 1/48 T-47 'Snowspeeder'

So I've had this one for a few months, sitting on the pile. Finally got stuck into it and had a ton of fun in the process. Felt quite liberating in a way, knowing I had a bit more freedom with this than say, a real world vehicle :)

Anyway, enough of that. I did do a few pics of WIP, but nothing extensive. I'll add those to the end of this post. I wish I could take some better images, considering it looks better in person.

Other things to mention. A few decals were left off, in part because I had already coloured some of the panels they covered differently, rendering them moot. Others would've proven too much of a pain. I tried adding decals to the cockpit side panels, hoping my Micro Sol would conform them. Did not go according to plan, so I ended up having to scrape it off. Didn't get it all off, so when I went to paint the detail, some of it was blurred. Was disappointed with that, especially since if I had straight painted it, it would've looked much better. But, live and learn I guess.

Anyway, on with the show :)

speeder14_by_moab23-dalmn26.jpg

speeder15_by_moab23-dalmn3l.jpg

speeder16_by_moab23-dalmn8q.jpg

And here's some additional images, including some WIP :)

speedercrew_by_moab23-dalmm8d.jpg

speeder1_by_moab23-dalmmd3.jpg

speeder2_by_moab23-dalmmfx.jpg

speeder3_by_moab23-dalmmhj.jpg

speeder4_by_moab23-dalmmj2.jpg

speeder5_by_moab23-dalmml3.jpg

speeder6_by_moab23-dalmmmt.jpg

speeder7_by_moab23-dalmmnq.jpg

speeder8_by_moab23-dalmmpx.jpg

speeder9_by_moab23-dalmmr0.jpg

speeder10_by_moab23-dalmmsp.jpg

speeder11_by_moab23-dalmmu8.jpg

speeder12_by_moab23-dalmmvi.jpg

speeder13_by_moab23-dalmmwq.jpg

Thanks for looking :D

Gaz

• Like 14

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

Nice work - it's quite detailed considering the small size of it, isn't it? :)

It is indeed, Mike. I must admit I love the snap nature of the Bandai kits. Makes it so much easier to paint up parts, and test fit them. There were some minor gap issues, particularly on the cannon mounts and the rear dorsal surface. The left cannon hangs low for some reason, not sure why. But all in all it was a great kit to work with. Actually requested two additional Bandai SW kits (AT-ST and X-Wing) for Christmas :)

Cheers

Gaz

13 hours ago, noelbarnes said:

Really really nice job. I love the weathering....it actually looks like the vehicle has weight....looks heavy. Well done.

Cheers, noel! :D

Gaz

3 hours ago, Orangesherbert said:

Thats cracking Gaz. Top job :thumbsup2:

Thank you, sir ^_^

Gaz

I've always liked the Snow Speeder, one of these kits is definitely on my list of models to build and I'll definitely look at the cockpit side decals - looking at your build I think I'm going to have to invest in an airbrush if I'm going to build vehicle models. I love the weathering you have applied, excellent. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Chief Smeg said:

I've always liked the Snow Speeder, one of these kits is definitely on my list of models to build and I'll definitely look at the cockpit side decals - looking at your build I think I'm going to have to invest in an airbrush if I'm going to build vehicle models. I love the weathering you have applied, excellent. 

Thank you, Chief ^_^

I've only had my airbrush since about March/April, but it made a world of difference in my painting, both in saving time and effects 

Gaz

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Chief Smeg said:

Yeah I think an airbrush is going to be a must have - I just need to find the time to do some more painting of the kits I've built!

Heh. I went and repainted some older kits with it :)

Just wish my build quality had been better on them to match up with the better finish, especially for camo.

Gaz

Yeah, I have a few kits that I'm now reluctant to start to build until I make my investment but that will be next year, I'm concentrating on learning to weather by looking at everyone's WIP and RFI threads, I have learned a lot from this forum. Some of the sprues I've weathered (got to start somewhere right?) are now actually starting to look something like :rolleyes:, that was why I appreciate the comments people put in their threads about problems they encounter, it helps a LOT. 

Edited by The Chief Smeg
  • Like 1