Peshmerga and Iraqi armour.

noelh

Watching the news coverage  latest assault on Mosul. You can see some major conversions on Humvees both Iraqi  and Kurdish. All very interesting. Also some bizarre ISIS armoured vehicles.

I know it's a bit early but you have to hope someone is recording these vehicles.

Edited by noelh
  • Like 1

To be honest the vehicles are far from my biggest concern, but there is certainly an interesting variety on display.....Iraqi Abrams certainly appear to have distinctly less 'sticky-out-bits' than their US equivalents don't they!  :wicked:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 0:59 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

To be honest the vehicles are far from my biggest concern, but there is certainly an interesting variety on display.....Iraqi Abrams certainly appear to have distinctly less 'sticky-out-bits' than their US equivalents don't they!  :wicked:

The americans never have been  good at sharing their shiny new toys

On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 11:14 PM, noelh said:

Watching thearnews coverage  latest assault on Mosul. You can see some major conversions on Humvees both Iraqi  and Kurdish. All very interesting. Also some bizarre ISIS armoured vehicles.

I know it's a bit early but you have to hope someone is recording these vehicles.

There was an Interesting story on  the armed forces news (sky channel 264) some Iraqi army humvee's were captured by Isis and then re-captured by the kurdish armed forces which are being trained by a detachment from the british army.

The news report showed some of the battle damage that was still evident from their "Hostile exchange programme" :rolleyes:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PhantomMajor said:

The americans never have been  good at sharing their shiny new toys

Yes, apparently the export M1s are rather more basic than the US versions, with good reason. Both the Iranians and the Russians will no doubt have had a good look around the Iraqi M1s by now. Works both ways of course. The Russian exports are dumbed down too.

On 19/10/2016 at 1:00 AM, crushkill said:

I have lots of pictures of these vehicles and some friends (interpreters from previous deployments in Mosul) that are Peshmerga that would take more for me.

If anyone wants pictures let me know 

yes please, if you can get some shots of a destroyed or captured shilka i would be grateful!