Ducati Panigale 1199

Nice work so far, very neatly done. I like the way you've used different shades for the engine etc. A  subtle darkish wash on that engine would really make all that detail pop out. Looks to be quite an intricate build?

Tim.

• Like 1

Looks very nice :thumbsup: The metalwork is nice and cleanly done. I do agree that a delicate wash would enhance the nuts and bolts making them stand out against the parts that they hold in place but other than that it looks very smart.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mbdesignart said:

Good to see another bike builder on the forum. Your build is progressing nicely. I'm building one too only I keep getting diverted by making bespoke parts.

Love bikes what are you building? 

I get side tracked too easily-but usually by what model I'd like to build next

28 minutes ago, Beardie said:

Looks very nice :thumbsup: The metalwork is nice and cleanly done. I do agree that a delicate wash would enhance the nuts and bolts making them stand out against the parts that they hold in place but other than that it looks very smart.

Thanks Beardie, yeah I'm ordering some wash at weekend then I'll apply it and post updated pics. 

Great job you're doing looks great, as has been said a wash will make the detail pop, I also love bikes keep going the way you are and you will have a real stunner. I'm getting another of the Tamiya big bikes ( they're amazing kits) you should try one. Do you ride if so what do you have, my last was a triumph trophy 900.

• Like 1

No ive not tried on if tamiya's big bike kits-not seen them. Will have to look. This hobby is getting more expensive by the minute :unsure: but I'm hooked. 

Yeah i ride, a fazer8. Love it. Prefer riding rather than pillion. http://IMG_3318_zpslrofqufk.jpg

• Like 5

21 hours ago, cookiezoom said:

Love bikes what are you building? 

I get side tracked too easily-but usually by what model I'd like to build next

Same kit as you, it's in the WIP list somewhere, look for Paul Smart Replica Homage. There was a Buddy Build for the Panigale but most who signed up for it have gone awol.

26 minutes ago, mbdesignart said:

Same kit as you, it's in the WIP list somewhere, look for Paul Smart Replica Homage. There was a Buddy Build for the Panigale but most who signed up for it have gone awol.

Wow your build has put mine to shame. How long have you been modelling for, me, properly I'd say about 12-18 months and this hasn't been constant. I'm now hooked so I've time to improve yet :rolleyes:

No your build is coming along nicely. Is this your first bike build? The good thing is we all improve with practice and the hints, tips and advice we can pick up on from forums like this. Modelling time, some days as much as a couple of hours! 

• Like 1

Hi lovely bike I miss mine getting the 1/6 Tamiya gsx for birthday, this will be my second one of these, it's a great kit and a lot of plastic for 48 quid I've done the 1/6 Honda 750 v 4 twice too (shows how good they are. I did the yam midnight special years ago,  you can only find it on eBay now for silly money, that I have to say is one beautiful bike I rode a friends once and fell in love, never could afford one of my own though.

• Like 1

yeah I'm going to have a look at these 1/6 bikes but my next mission is USS enterprise 1:350 scale but i may do some smaller builds before going to such an in-depth build. Really want the Corsairs F4U-1A which i think might well be the next build or HMS Liverpool  - not decided yet

https://www.wonderlandmodels.com/products/tamiya-1350-enterprise/?gclid=CKb8-oTb688CFfMW0wodHPwPTg

https://www.wonderlandmodels.com/products/tamiya-172-vought-f4u-1a-corsair/?gclid=CMPrpLHb688CFWsq0wod1tsDMg

http://steelnavy.com/DMLLiverpool.htm

Hi Tammy here is my first 1/6 tamiya gsx

9rKLH40.jpg

TmkLIp6.jpg

And my 2 750 k4s

6wZ7DGs.jpg

sBxXsH9.jpg

2v15f00.jpg

97p3eu.jpg

They really are great kits and practically fall together themselves, the plastic is so good you could probably get away without even painting them.

Edited by kpnuts
  • Like 3

Keep up the good work.   There's plenty of advice to be had on here and if you look in the RFI section you'll find lots of brilliant bike builds. :goodjob:

Like the Fazer as well. It's in beautiful condition.

BillyD

• Like 1

Yeah thanks BillyD, there's a lot of knowledgeable people on this site. Learning a lot. 

I love my bike, it's my baby. Shame we don't have good weather all the time to enjoy it more. 

You seem to be doing great, I would be pleased to be turning out the quality you are after one bike, what is even more impressive is I know bikes inside and out, I've stripped more bikes down than I could count and you are doing great.

• Like 1