1/48 - Convair B-36 Peacemaker fiberglas kit by HpH - released

Homebee

I haven't seen listed anywhere, including the HPH website, which versions of B-36 can be built from this kit. Is the aircraft in the box art a D, F, or H? Are there parts for any of the RB variants? FICON conversion anybody?

On 12/16/2017 at 1:40 PM, VMA131Marine said:

I haven't seen listed anywhere, including the HPH website, which versions of B-36 can be built from this kit. Is the aircraft in the box art a D, F, or H? Are there parts for any of the RB variants? FICON conversion anybody?

The PDF instructions on the site show an H with a white belly. Since we have to cut all the holes in it I suppose we could make any variant we wanted to. I would like to do a B with arctic markings, but will probably do a D so I can use the jet pods, but still have a NMF before the B-36 had all the clear coat and silver lacquer and later a white belly applied. The major difference between the D and the H is the radar above the tail gun. The D and earlier only have one while the later versions have two. (Some also have one cover over both dishes.) It looks like you'd just need to shorten the fairings they provide you with to an appropriate length for an early bird. (Also As and Bs had sliding bomb bay doors covering four 16' bays as opposed to the later twin 32' bays.) Just got an email from Hana today confirming I'm getting one, not I just have to wait for an invoice. With 80+ kits ahead of me I'm thinking it will be this summer before I get a payment request! Totally stoked though! Think anyone will tackle a C-99 or YB-60 conversion?

Edited by OshkoshJosh

• 1 month later...
On 03/11/2017 at 7:23 PM, Julien said:

Yes there was, good film for B-36 pictures,

p140_p_v8_aa.jpg

Available on youtube;

Somewhat ironic given that Brigadier General James Stewart (USAF Reserve) was type-rated on B-47s and B-52s but not B-36s if I recall correctly?

Cheers,

Centaur