1/48 - Convair B-36 Peacemaker fiberglas kit by HpH - released

Homebee

14 hours ago, 28ZComeback said:

Does anyone know the approximate price point of the B-36?

I don't but I'd start growing an extra kidney, if I were you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/26/2017 at 04:04, do335b6 said:

I have and am getting close to finishing the XB 70 its a great kit

Super excited about a 1/48 B-36. The Holy Grail for my model collection! How did you tackle the intake lips on the fiberglass tub for the XB-70? I'm still racking my brain on how to get them razor sharp like the leading edge of the splitter.

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 15:21, 71chally said:

Ah I see, hadn't heard of them before, but it does look like they trade more as museum pieces than kits to buy.

They trade in both markets, but full scale gliders is there main business.

That said they make a wide range of kits, I have thier 1/32 Mig 15 with engine, 1/48 IL 28 Beagle and the 1/32 German catapult and they are of stunning quality. As much as a 1/48 Peacemaker appeals, its not for me.

Thomo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just had a nifty idea regarding the B-36. Since I'm having trouble with the double engine pods on Sanger's B-47 (build stopped dead) I wonder if they'll cast an extra pair of jet pods when I order my Peacemaker for a nominal fee for use on the Stratojet?

5 hours ago, OshkoshJosh said:

I just had a nifty idea regarding the B-36. Since I'm having trouble with the double engine pods on Sanger's B-47 (build stopped dead) I wonder if they'll cast an extra pair of jet pods when I order my Peacemaker for a nominal fee for use on the Stratojet?

I' hope so!

Try to contact them, probably try to do so in Czech language... szre someone here can help!

Edited by exdraken

• 2 months later...

Looks great from here and highly detailed. Just wondering where I could build it; and where one could display it. Also thinking of how to make the surface interesting; maybe rock salt method; or post-shading? Cost will be a factor.

I sold my left kidney for the HPH 1/48 Beagle. Now I read that Trumpy plans to release one. Anyway, I am concerned that the B-36 at shows will be nothing but a big silver magnet for children and ham-fisted adults (who need to spin the props) or a massive dust collector in the attic. The bombays are very nice and upon first review, it looks dimensionally correct. 

Edited by 28ZComeback
Spellkn

Source: https://www.facebook.com/hphmodels/posts/1503382959755358 

On 1st December 2017, B-36 Peacemaker in 1/48 scale kit will be released. Really huge, fibreglass/ resin kit will be produced in very limited edition - only 100 pcs. are going to be produced! Each kit will contain a special certifikate with the serial number. The price is stated to 575 Euro. Pre-orders via [email protected] are being accepted, so do not waste the time!

23032863_1503373426422978_10728334776869

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Wasn't there a Hollywood film featuring the B-36? I think it was called Strategic Air Command or something with James Stewart as the lead/pilot.  Look forward to seeing this at Telford.  Tempting...

10 minutes ago, lazyeagle said:

Wasn't there a Hollywood film featuring the B-36? I think it was called Strategic Air Command or something with James Stewart as the lead/pilot.  Look forward to seeing this at Telford.  Tempting...

Yes there was, good film for B-36 pictures,

p140_p_v8_aa.jpg

Available on youtube;

18 hours ago, 28ZComeback said:

I sold my left kidney for the HPH 1/48 Beagle. Now I read that Trumpy plans to release one. 

They plan to release one for years.... hopefully a Recce version with tip tanks!

On 11/2/2017 at 4:43 PM, Bedders said:

Now that's just silly. I might need one.

My sentiments exactly.  Well, except that I don't need one badly enough to meet the price tag.  Now, if I win the lottery...

Oh brother- NOW I actually see mention of the price- it isn't as shockingly, hugely outrageous as I anticipated, which means temptation will be slightly more... tempting... than I figured.  Hmm- mostly happy home life, or 1/48 B-36?  Good thing it isn't a 1/48 Spruce Goose, or I'd really be in trouble.  (I think I'll just have to scratch-build that one, though.)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

That price in my view represents exceptional value for money.

Thomo.

That's a problem in my case. Either a 1/48 Peacemaker can occupy my flat OR I can ;)

Making the Valkyrie look more reasonable now though. 

• Like 1

My God ! I just keep returning to this thread to look at the pics ! Want it so bad but £500 and size make it a pipe dream ! Well I say that, if the major components were vac formed so the price was lower ....god knows I'd be tempted, but the cost of adding an extension to my terrace house might prove....errrr.. expensive LOL ! Got to love it though, roll on that lottery win !

I looked at the instruction manual for the HPH,  1/32 Curtiss Helldiver. I would imagine that the completed model would be spectacular. The instructions are 57 pages (243 assembly steps) !!!! The vacuum formed fuselage panels require a lot of cuttting and sanding. There are four pages and almost 30 steps for assempling the single engine alone. Based upon that, can you imagine how long it would take to complete the six engines of the B-36??? I have been working on my BMF 1/48 Monogram B-29 on and off for about 6 months. I have used 9 sheets of BMF so far. It is almost finished. It would take me years to complete a BMF of the B-36 and dozens of sheets of BMF$$$$$$  However, when finished it would be beyond spectacular.