Deleted

Hello,Tony - Looking at these photos is enough to make anyone a 'Tomcat' fan. I love the quality and detail of the painting and finishing work throughout together with the very subtle and restrained weathering.For my taste,this is perfection.All the best to North Yorks. from West Yorks,! 😉👍, Paul,

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Winenut said:

Oh yeah.

Props are normally my passion but this jet is simply superb

Great build and the finish is second to none.

Conratulations

'Second to none'

that means alot cheers, plus it's the motto at the place where I work too! 

B)

• 1 year later...

On 10/17/2016 at 11:16 AM, Tony Oliver said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi Tony,

First of this is an stunning Tomcat! I’m reading through your main topic page by page and learning lots and lots! One question for you though if you do not mind: How did you rig the dual sidewinder launcher? I did not see a detailed explanation in your WIP.

Thanks

Neal

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NealParkes said:

Hi Tony,

First of this is an stunning Tomcat! I’m reading through your main topic page by page and learning lots and lots! One question for you though if you do not mind: How did you rig the dual sidewinder launcher? I did not see a detailed explanation in your WIP.

Thanks

Neal

Hi Neal, first off thanks for the love. 

I have done a few improvements to this build and my first other two cats to correct or add extra details as I have learned more about these planes during my saga. This work was done over the summer and re-photographed. I haven’t had chance to update the wip or these rfi’s yet with these newer pics as too much going on in normal life currently. 

Back to your question - I scratched the dual adapter from from scrap. The bit that goes underneath the glove pylon which allows another lau-7 to be fitted. 

Yes you are correct in saying that I didn’t document this very well. It was my first attempt at one and could be better, which is probably why I didn’t make a big deal about it. 

I had another go and made a pair of them for a later build, further on in the wip that are on the vf-111 bird as that has a dual winder setup both sides. Link at the bottom to that plane. The angles are better on those. 

However most recently I have made a completely new 72nd dual adapter from scratch, using the one from the recent 48th tamiya kit as reference. This 3rd attempt is about as good as I can get it. 

This was used as a master and I am hoping to sell these on eBay in the spring along with some of the other resin mods I have developed, like empty pylons etc. A first in 1/72 I believe. 

The work making this latest adapter is visible in the last/most recent pages of the main WIP, and one features on the starboard side of the latest build - the vf-2 bird. Again photographed but not rfi’d yet. 

Here is a picture of said resin casts. One of my 3rd generation adapters along with two empty pylons based off of finemolds lau-7’s combined with eduard etch. This picture will be part of the vf2 RFI when I get around to it. 

EDADF0_D2-_C956-4_FAB-_A643-99_C6_F715_B

And the link to the rfi of the sundowners with my second attempt at dual adapters. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235026681-low-visibility-sundowner-172-f-14a-tomcat-hobbyboss-vf-111/&tab=comments#comment-2819609

Cheers, Tony

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

Hi Neal, first off thanks for the love. 

I have done a few improvements to this build and my first other two cats to correct or add extra details as I have learned more about these planes during my saga. This work was done over the summer and re-photographed. I haven’t had chance to update the wip or these rfi’s yet with these newer pics as too much going on in normal life currently. 

Back to your question - I scratched the dual adapter from from scrap. The bit that goes underneath the glove pylon which allows another lau-7 to be fitted. 

Yes you are correct in saying that I didn’t document this very well. It was my first attempt at one and could be better, which is probably why I didn’t make a big deal about it. 

I had another go and made a pair of them for a later build, further on in the wip that are on the vf-111 bird as that has a dual winder setup both sides. Link at the bottom to that plane. The angles are better on those. 

However most recently I have made a completely new 72nd dual adapter from scratch, using the one from the recent 48th tamiya kit as reference. This 3rd attempt is about as good as I can get it. 

This was used as a master and I am hoping to sell these on eBay in the spring along with some of the other resin mods I have developed, like empty pylons etc. A first in 1/72 I believe. 

The work making this latest adapter is visible in the last/most recent pages of the main WIP, and one features on the starboard side of the latest build - the vf-2 bird. Again photographed but not rfi’d yet. 

Here is a picture of said resin casts. One of my 3rd generation adapters along with two empty pylons based off of finemolds lau-7’s combined with eduard etch. This picture will be part of the vf2 RFI when I get around to it. 

EDADF0_D2-_C956-4_FAB-_A643-99_C6_F715_B

And the link to the rfi of the sundowners with my second attempt at dual adapters. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235026681-low-visibility-sundowner-172-f-14a-tomcat-hobbyboss-vf-111/&tab=comments#comment-2819609

Cheers, Tony

Tony, 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!! I haven’t got to the VF-111 build yet I’ll look forwards to that one. You have done some absolutely amazing work on these kits! 

Regarding the ebay offering I will definitely be spending some money when you get round to it as I have a HB F-14B & F-14D in the stash and would love to use some of your AM on them! I also have a Fujimi F-14A which is a nice looking kit, I hope to do that as 4 x AIM-9 & 4 x AIM-7 load so will need to figure out the dual launcher setup and if you are doing a resin version I’ll just hold out fo that.

I’ve sub the build thread so will look forwards to catching up on the rest of the builds! 

Take care

Neal

• Thanks 1