Compressor on its last legs?

Jusjay

I have a relatively inexpensive compressor which has served me well for a while now, but just recently the air pressure has been dropping off very quickly and I have to wait 20 secs for it to build again then it happens all over again. Im getting seconds of painting out of it at a time. Is it time to look for another or is there something I can do to fix it?

Tia

If the compressor is holding it's pressure, then connect the brush to the hose and put it & the first part of the hose in some water and look for bubbles.

If nothing seen start the air flowing a little and see if you can see it escaping anywhere it shouldn't.

Paul   

• Like 1

As-18 chinese compressor. You can get spares for some of the chinese units, but need to know what is wrong.

These now retail for about £60, so probably not worth the time and hassle of  investigating and sorting it, unless you have someone locally that can give it a check over.

These now retail for around £60, but check the warranty you get with them, so are only short !

They have recently gone up to this price as I guess they are paid for in US Dollars.  

Paul

Edited by little-cars
  • Like 1