AK - Interactive thinners

kpc7676

Advice needed,

I managed to get the paint down, but geez, there seemed to be no thinner that would actually dissolve the paint post spraying. I managed to thin the paint using their own thinner, but for some reason they wouldn't clear the airbrush afterwards. Lacquer thinners were even worse.

i don't need to reuse the paint at this stage so for the future, what thinner is applicable????

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I successfully use AK paints thinned with with their own thinner, Ultimate Modelling Products thinner and even Mr Color Self Levelling thinner, all with no problems.

However your problem seems to be in cleaning the airbrush. is it right that you're saying you're using thinners to clean your airbrush? Thinners are not normally strong enough to clean with which is why there are dedicated cleaning products.

To clean my AB after using AK paints I first flush through with water (the paints are water based and this saves money on cleaner), the I use a cleaner (I use Ultimate, Lifeclor or Vallejo AB cleaners). I then flush with water again. Lastly I shoot through a tiny drop of pure IPA this being alcohol evaporates quickly. This is all very quick and I've never had any problems with it.