French UE2 Universal Carrier with Trolley in 1:35

Mike

I finished this today, so here are the photos.  You can see the tiny WIP thread here if you're inclined too.

complete1.jpg

complete2.jpg

complete3.jpg

complete4.jpg

A few more on the half-finished base I retrieved from the loft :)

complete5.jpg

complete6.jpg

An enjoyable build of this dinky little carrier, although I still have no idea what make or model the machine gun is.  It kind of looks like some kind of MG34, but with a malformed stock.  Nothing French seemed to meet the same shape requirements.  Weathering was done with various LifeColor sets, some Ultimate wash, and the aforemention GNR dental plaster accessories.  The decals were a bit brittle and prone to breaking up when handled, so watch out for that, although there aren't actually many to apply :)

many thanks to logo.gif for the kit, and don't forget to have a read of my In Box Review if you haven't already ;)

• Like 16

Thanks Andy. :)  The base needs some finishing off, the grass toning down etc., but it's one of those Master Box vacformed ones that we reviewed some years back. They're quite effective with a slap of paint :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Any chance of a picture of the stock of that LMG

There's a pic of it on the sprues in the review, but the butt is now stuck down in the aft stowage box, so not easy to photograph :S  It's best described as an MG34 with a short stock that has a flat(ish) butt-plate.  I've done some fairly lengthy searching of WWII hardware on all sides, and that's as close as I'm getting so far. :shrug:

sprue3.jpg

1 hour ago, razzie43 said:

Very realistic ,that doesn't look like a plastic model!

love it 

Thanks ^_^  Plastic, very small, and very light.

It's an odd one, but I'm not going to stress over it.  We'll ascribe it to "fog of war".  Someone picked up the wrong MG, and had a bit of a whittling session to calm their nerves :shrug:

7 hours ago, Mike said:

Currently on discount @Creative Models Ltd - Looky!

I've already got an urban street scene planned for my own 1/35 UE, revolving around some rather charming figures.....Unfortunately it seems that Pierre's puppy:

PierreAvecPuppy%20-%201_zpsjdteijc3.jpg

PierreAvecPuppy%20-%202_zpsp12jkgxr.jpg

Isn't fully Tank-Trained yet:

MauriceAvecMerde_zpsajcfpinq.jpg

The provisional title for my diorama is of course "Merde!"  :D

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

The provisional title for my diorama is of course "Merde!"  :D

Dirty puppy!

1 hour ago, batcode said:

very nice work, and great looking dio....

Thanks chap :)