Airfix 1/72nd Nakajima B5N1 Kate...

That is some impressive work Mate, and the picture came out very nice, was reading yr metadata of yr picture it say, the flash was not fired however the lighting look perfect how did you did the light set up, much appreciated. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys, very kind comments,

Tom, as I do a fair bit of magazine and book work I use three professional studio strobes (Elinchrome D-lite) with two soft boxes plus one with reflector for backlight and infill. All use modeling lights for sharp focus and framing. This allows me to free hold the camera on higher settings, lens used here was a 40mm Nikon Micro but also use a Nikon 60mm Micro for larger models....hope this helps.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Thanks guys, very kind comments,

Tom, as I do a fair bit of magazine and book work I use three professional studio strobes (Elinchrome D-lite) with two soft boxes plus one with reflector for backlight and infill. All use modeling lights for sharp focus and framing. This allows me to free hold the camera on higher settings, lens used here was a 40mm Nikon Micro but also use a Nikon 60mm Micro for larger models....hope this helps.

Much appreciate, recently I bought a Nikon d7100 and a 50mm prime lens, with some adapters for micro, however not proper lighting just a table lamp, that is a good setup, maybe this year or early next year will get two strobes light, problem is the house is really congested now :(

• Like 1

Tom you really could do with the studio strobes for decent evenly lit shots and can pick them up relatively cheaply from a certain online auction site. Many people get good results using other methods even pure daylight but the strobes just make things very simple...they are fully adjustable, robust and easy to store, the bulb life is pretty good I've only had to replace one strobe and one modelling light in two years of heavy use, I have a large supply of spares just in case.

Good luck with your setup you should be able to get some excellent images with the equipment you mention, (prime lenses are definitely the right choice), for any more info just PM me.. 

Absolutely superb

Really great finish and subtle but appropriate weathering.

Interesting scheme and the build and photography are faultless

Wish that was in my cabinet of glory!

Well done

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 1

Loverly.  Superhumanly neat.  I think Melchie enterprises has developed a secret way of bonding plastic that simply melds it all seamlessly together without any need to clean up joints or lose/replace surface detail.  Filling and sanding is obviously otiose in a Melchie build.  And dust has clearly been banished from the Melchie spray booth.......

• Like 1

Thanks Steve, I have indeed forged an alliance with the dust fairies, (no not the Marines), the plastic bondage orcs of Mirkwood and Dwarf micro welders of Moria, an ongoing truce with the surface detailers of Ragnarok and sanding witches of Oz. It cost me a lot but boy it sure was worth it guv'ner. Actually it was more down to my hard nosed resistance to using filler except where totally unavoidable, (excuse the pun) preferring to sand the living daylights out of the thing and getting the parts to fit in the first place. That and a big Pro Arte sable dowsed in water to remove naughty dust particles before throwing any paint at it. 

Oh and make a note of that word 'otiose' Darling.......I like it. I want to use it more often in conversation .  

• Like 1