1/48 - Beriev KOR-2 (Be-4) by Mars Models - released

Homebee

• 1 month later...

Fresh news: https://www.facebook.com/MarsModels.UA/posts/1154424941365265

Mars Models 1/48 Be-4 (KOR-2) test build (part 4).
By Taras Chayka

Well… I’ve decided not to wait when the photo etched and some other missing interior parts (like the pilot’s gunsight glass) will be available, and to continue the Mars Models 1/48 Be-4 test build. Mostly - because I’m interested to see ASAP how this unusual model will looks like when complete. But also - I do not expect any problems with the missing parts installation. From the “test build” point of view, the test is not required for them. So, I “closed” the boat’s hull as it is.
I made quickly the stand for the boat out of sprues for to make further process more convenient. No any serious problems with the model assembly. I been particularly pleased with the pilot and navigator canopies - they fell into place perfectly, without the gaps (usually, a canopy and a fuselage joint is a tricky place for me). 
The navigator’s canopy been mounted with only two drops of glue. I’ll need to remove it later, for to install UBT machine gun, when the MG pivot will be available together with the other PE parts. The kit provides only one, “closed” option for the both canopies. Means – you have to reserve some time for to “open” them if it will needed. 
When the Be-4 wings mounted, there is no any possibility to look inside the navigator’s cabin through the side “portholes”. So for me – MM did the right thing when decided not to make all the interior parts but only that one which are visible through the canopies. 
The UBT machine gun, underwing armament, auxiliary beaching gear, some other small details like antenna mast, service hatch handles and pitot tube are not installed yet. Nevertheless, I think you may get the general impression about the model with this pre-final part of the test build set of photos.

47015817.jpg

47051618.jpg

V.P.

• Like 7

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 15/07/2019 at 03:35, Corey in Colorado said:

Just ordered two from a guy on eBay.  I have previously bought things from him and received them successfully, so there is that option.

corey

Do you have a link as the only one I can find is very expensive on ebay

Thx

It is a shame they don't seem to accept credit cards or Paypal, it would seem that would be step one for any business.  I would buy from theIr site at the price they show but $52 is to me a steep price.  Lovely model though, I have to admit that.  

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 04:37, Harold55 said:

It is a shame they don't seem to accept credit cards or Paypal, it would seem that would be step one for any business.  I would buy from theIr site at the price they show but $52 is to me a steep price.  Lovely model though, I have to admit that.  

Agree 100%

Julien

• 2 weeks later...

1.ordered via website

2.received an email with demand bill from the contracting bank in Latvia

3.performed the money transfer from my bank account (IBAN and BIC procedure)

4.received an email from Latvia only  the next day (!!) confirming the money transfer

5.12 days of waiting

6.model arrived in a cushioned envelope as registered letter

HTH

Andreas Beck

• Thanks 1