Humbrol RLM paints discontinued? Query

Stuart Wilson

Hi, I remember reading that Humbrol were going to discontinue production of their RLM paints that were only released a few years ago as well as other colours including 167 Barley grey.

Is this true or was it just a rumour. The paints seem to be in stock on the website and at Hannants.

Thanks in advance for any info

Stuart

Partially true.

A certain number of colours were taken off the shop-buyers stocking list which lead to the belief that they were being discontinued.

Enquiries [by moi] directly to Humbrol ellicted absolutely no response

My LMS has been restocking all those colours as per normal

I  think they limited the supply as they sorted out some quality problems with them.

• Like 1

I emailed Airfix direct and this is the reply I got :

Thank you for email , I can confirm we have no plans to drop the Humbrol Enamels from the range of products.

Yours sincerley
Glen Richardson
Customer Care

I think its back to the old tale of crap overseas suppliers again. However a source in my local Hornby hobbies store told me that some metallic paints were being discontinued

Doesn't answer the question though, does it?  Your question was presumably whether Humbrol plan to drop the RLM colours in the 25x range, not the entire range of enamels!  Nevertheless, expect the supply bottlenecks theory holds water.