KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen Jan actively discussing, but sadly also insulting each other with his opponents using rather unbritmodellerish manners, on Czech modelling forum this week (to be fair - he was not the only one doing so in the discussion). So I suppose all is well.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Patrik said:

I have seen Jan actively discussing, but sadly also insulting each other with his opponents using rather unbritmodellerish manners, on Czech modelling forum this week (to be fair - he was not the only one doing so in the discussion). So I suppose all is well.

Did they say anything interesting? Like rumours of new kit releases?

John

41 minutes ago, John Thompson said:

Did they say anything interesting? Like rumours of new kit releases?

Oh, no. Just traditional pis...g contest on who copied whose kits. Not worth quoting here.

Edited by Patrik
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, spaddad said:

Man that's cold.

Apparently not as cold as the actual conversation. And anyway, isn't this is supposed to be a forum for the manufacturer, presumably, to discuss/respond to questions regarding his company's products? My comment, whether you liked it or not, was related, again, to new releases. Jan is going to have some editing to do when he comes back, assuming the moderators don't do it first.

John

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Jan and/or Petr! Do you have any news about the new tooling of the KP 1/72 La-5FN that was mentioned last year, to be released after your La-5 and La-5F kits? Any thoughts about other VVS fighter aircraft - Yak-9 or I-16, for example?  :D

Best regards;

John

@Jan Polc

• Like 2

On 2/10/2021 at 10:14 PM, spaddad said:

Any news Col?

Sorry missed your pm. I think Jan is fine, I spoke to him on messenger last week. He seems to be doing less work for AZ/KP, so maybe is no longer their unofficial spokes person on britmodeller? I know he is getting more involved with Guideline Publications.

Colin

• 1 month later...

I understand from Jan he is now no longer working for AZ/KP, and will instead be focusing on his work for Guideline Publications and a few smaller producers, myself included. So I don't think we will see any more updates on this thread from him.

Thanks, 

Colin

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Colin @ Freightdog Models said:

I understand from Jan he is now no longer working for AZ/KP, and will instead be focusing on his work for Guideline Publications and a few smaller producers, myself included. So I don't think we will see any more updates on this thread from him.

Thanks, 

Colin

thanks Col

• 1 year later...
15 minutes ago, Jan_D said:

That's very sad news. I helped Jan on some of his projects with translation/proof reading of his books, magazine articles etc and meeting him once a year at the nationals for our annual beer swapping exercise (he was very fond of Newcastle Brown Ale), I'll miss him.

• Like 1