KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

12 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Morning gentlemen. Our Chipmunk kit was sold out for a longer time, so we will release two new boxes, if everything will be okay in these days, you know.

We have all shows cancelled here in Czech Republic, no movies, no hockey, no concerts and, gentlemen..., pubs and bars are closed at 8.00 PM. Apocalyptic situation...

There's good and bad news in quick succession. Glad to hear the Chipmunk is returning and with some great schemes.

Morning gentlemen,

situation goes worse, all shops closed, you can go only to pharmacy and to buy something to eat....

Thank you for your words according to Chippies and Lavochkins. Both kits planned for start of April, if....

KRK4m - I expect, that we will spend some time with Bf 109E now. Prepared are complete new FN and 5UTI fuselages. And this will be all on

this theme for some time. In the future is possible that we will do La-7. LaGG-3 is very wide family of aircraft and decision is, that LaGGs we will not produce.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 9:57 PM, Rabbit Leader said:

Have to agree. Good Box art does sell kits and Carlos seems to have captured these aircraft very nicely. Can’t wait to see what he does with a D.H Venom!! 😉

Cheers.. Dave 

On 1/28/2020 at 10:04 AM, Homebee said:

No quarter scale projects ? 😧

file6tuupna2axsmiue02rp-jpg.jpg

V.P.

Or indeed on the secret 1/48 which will (Please) be a surprise. The yellow Crane is extra stunning. Nephew 3 has made his birthday wishes quite clear ;)

It's a real pleasure to read this thread nice comments, much information and all round a very good atmosphere. Just needs a little more 1/48 love to make it perfect.

• Like 1

SleeperService - thankyou. I am trying to keep this thread in this mood, with some portion of humour etc. 

And there is one project in 1/48, in the stage of 3D printing, but I am not allowed to write more.....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Morning gentlemen,

situation goes worse, all shops closed, you can go only to pharmacy and to buy something to eat....

Thank you for your words according to Chippies and Lavochkins. Both kits planned for start of April, if....

In the UK we are the opposite. Everything carries on regardless with the only advice to wash our hands and cough into our elbows :shrug:

On 3/14/2020 at 6:05 AM, Jan Polc said:

KP new kit - Cessna Bobcat/Crane - test build on the web Modelarovo.cz Text is in Czech, but all photographs were translated into English... 🙂

http://www.modelarovo.cz/cessna-bobcat-crane-kp-1-72-zkusebni-stavba/

That looks very nice indeed. My only criticism is that the seats look more appropriate for a civilian version than a military aircraft.

The attached images from the parts catalog show the standard seats for all AT-17s, UC-78s, JRC-1s, and Cranes Mks. I and II. The rear seat could have either a folding bottom portion (as shown in the 3rd photo) or an aluminum seat pan which was the top surface of the 30-gallon auxilliary fuel tank (as shown in the 2nd photo). Seat coverings were a khaki-colored fabric. Pilot/co-pilot seat frames were painted Bronze Green.

Crew Seat

Rear Cabin

Rear Seat

Edited by Space Ranger
Clarification
  • Like 2

Thank you Space Ranger.... Good space for aftermarket producers.

Fate of our new kits is not clear today, Czech Republic is closed completely, we are not allowed to leave our homes unless going to work or buy food or medicines from today.

Nobody knows if some of our suppliers is going to self isolation. Listening radio is like during the war - "Do not leave your radio, serious broadcast will follow..."

I am keeping my fingers with all of you my friends

Jan

• Sad 3

It is only a little easier in Poland, but it's perhaps only the matter of time - we are delayed a little.

But I'm still not decided whether should I buy the Pakistani Shenyang (KPM0160) boxing or is the Chinese boxing really in the pipeline for 2020?

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1

KRK4m - not easy to say what is the pipeline now....

We will complete orders we have in the office now and we will close for two weeks minimum. Hard two weeks, bars are closed. Okay, I can buy some whisky and drink it at home, but I can not 

invite my friends as they can not visit me, prohibited....

Hope all will change, but I am afraid that we are at the start of epidemia. It is big inconvenience for all of us here, but I must say that I support

all steps our government is doing as it is very very reasonable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That’s a shame Jan, however best to take the advice and stay safe. We live in very strange times at the moment, so best to take nothing for granted and ride it out till the worst is over.

Cheers and take care.. Dave 

• Like 1

Strange times, indeed. This was reported on another BritModeller forum thread:

Radio Bristol caller this morning –
“Day two of no sports. Found a lady sitting on my sofa. Apparently she is my wife. She seems quite nice“

• Haha 12

Gentlemen, morning... 🙂

I did not realise that we have a group of investigators here...

Let me explain - it is one of the illustrations you will find in the next Colour Conundrum article by Paul Lucas in Scale Aircraft Modelling magazine.

Sorry for another answer than you were expecting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Morning gentlemen,

enjoy the weekend-

Test builds of possible interest - 

Hawk - 

http://www.modelarovo.cz/curtiss-hawk-h-75a-4-azmodel-1-72/

and Chippie - 

http://www.modelarovo.cz/dhc-1-chipmunk-azmodel-1-72/

Interesting reading Jan, thank you, hope you're having a good weekend as well.

Gentlemen, not only in UK, I wish you, your families and friends good health and good luck. Be kind and look after each other, it’s going to be a tough few weeks. Take this chance to review and renew, and come away a better person.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Jan Polc said:

Gentlemen, not only in UK, I wish you, your families and friends good health and good luck. Be kind and look after each other, it’s going to be a tough few weeks. Take this chance to review and renew, and come away a better person.

Likewise Jan, best wishes to you and yours in this interesting times.

Gentlemen, greetings from locked Czech Republic. We all at KP/AZ are keeping our fingers with you.

Let me show you photo of me and my friends looking into our favorite bar, now closed... View from inside.

spacer.png

• Haha 14