KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

32 minutes ago, 71chally said:

Please let Steve be right and win the model, would love to see a decent injection Scimitar!

But in case he is wrong, Canberra?

Jan's already called it, SR.53, ripe for many a WHIF colour scheme!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Wez said:

Jan's already called it, SR.53, ripe for many a WHIF colour scheme!

As soon as I get a space I have the Simian 1/48 kit. I think it's a superb choice. Well done to Jan and the KP family for their positive engagement with us.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, 71chally said:

That's really weird, when I posted that Steves' post #675 was the last one showing!

Weird, still an SR 53's a nice choice right?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 71chally said:

Personally speaking I would have preferred a Scimitar, Vixen or Canberra which I would have bought numbers of, but heck it's British and post-war so put me down for one!

Certainly feel that way about the Canberra, to some extent the Sea Vixens but the Scimitar leaves me a bit meh! At least the SR.53 was designed on the right side of the Solent!

• Like 1

An Airfix one just sold on the local e-bay for 56 AUD , 33 GBPounds or thereabouts. I didn't bid as I'd given up trying to build that one. (Learnt a lot about white paint, though). The real question, however, is - Who let the cat out of the bag ? Someone must have had prior knowledge. 

• Like 1

dalea - no, nobody was informed before we decided.

There is in fact only one gentleman, Joe Warner Cherrie, who knows our second Telford project, which is still secret.... But he is not allowed to participate in our the next quiz.... :-)

SR-53 boxing - we plan two boxes, one real prototypes and the second what-if schemes. We are looking for the real persons to immortalise them as the pilots fo our whif planes (we are doing it everytime, usually selecting some Czech modelers). Your whif scheme tips are welcomed.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

There is in fact only one gentleman, Joe Warner Cherrie, who knows our second Telford project, which is still secret.... But he is not allowed to participate in our the next quiz.... :-)

Must buy him some beer......

SR-53 boxing - we plan two boxes, one real prototypes and the second what-if schemes. We are looking for the real persons to immortalise them as the pilots fo our whif planes (we are doing it everytime, usually selecting some Czech modelers). Your whif scheme tips are welcomed.

Royal Auxiilliary Air Force squadrons, Royal Dutch Navy and Swiss Air Force

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

How about a "what if" of the SR-53 in Irish Air corps markings.  (You have the decals already from the Spitfire TR9).  The what-if would be that Ireland joined NATO in the 1960's and was part of the rapid response force dealing with the defence of the Atlantic Corridor.....

36 minutes ago, Prenton said:

How about a "what if" of the SR-53 in Irish Air corps markings.  (You have the decals already from the Spitfire TR9).  The what-if would be that Ireland joined NATO in the 1960's and was part of the rapid response force dealing with the defence of the Atlantic Corridor.....

As it's a "What-if", then you could get away with anything. Personally, I quite like the idea of some of those Germany based Hunter/Sabre/Venom sqns on my kit, the what-if being that the 1957 Sandy's paper on manned aircraft was never published...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Wez said:

...the what-if being that the 1957 Sandy's paper on manned aircraft was never published...

...that would be the greatest what if of all time!

I'm not hugely into WIFs and to me for them to be effective they need to have some sort of grounding in reality.

Wasn't the SR.53 just a proof of concept for the more operationally laid out 177?

I guess a few European schemes, German Luftwaffe & Marineflieger, Belgium, Danish etc, what if they hadn't been conned convinced into buying the F-104.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 71chally said:

...that would be the greatest what if of all time!

I'm not hugely into WIFs and to me for them to be effective they need to have some sort of grounding in reality.

Wasn't the SR.53 just a proof of concept for the more operationally laid out 177?

I guess a few European schemes, German Luftwaffe & Marineflieger, Belgium, Danish etc, what if they hadn't been conned convinced into buying the F-104.

I've just got the new, revised edition of Project Cancelled - British Fighters, I've yet to read up on the SR.53 and associated projects so I'm not that au-fait with the details.

• Like 1

Hi Roman, no Erla 109G will not be on sale @ eDay. Unfortunately. We hope in November, but we have some more complicated projects now - the line of 1/48 aircraft, which are time consuming a little bit. I think that the last deadline can be next Go Modelling in Vienna...

8 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Spectrum.

The SR-53 would be a perfect whif predecessor to the interceptor.

IMG_6192.jpg

Yours thinking out of the box :D

TonyT 

@Jan Polc If you want some Whif ideas, the SR.177 garnered interest from the RAF, RN, Germany and even Japan(!) perhaps that'd be a source for colour schemes. I'd imagine they're be similar to the Lightning squadron schemes for RAF examples, Dark Sea Grey over white for FAA examples, German colours may be Basaultgrau and Lichtgrau and I'd imagine all over metal for Japan? Though others more in the know might have a better idea. Perhaps with a pair of wingtip Firestreak or even (whisper it) Fireflash missiles might be an idea, but they might look too big and ungainly, you'd have to check.

14 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

112 Squadron sharkmouth. I mean, come on!

• Like 2