Jump to content

As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Jan Polc

KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Jan Polc said:

Gentlemen, please HELP - I am looking for photographic reference of Hillson Praga E 114 in RAF colours or with roundels or in RAF service. Can you help me?

E-mails are in the undersign or PM please. Thank you very much.

BTW - I wish to all of you sunny holidays. :-)

 

I looked when the kit came out and I don't think any served in RAF service

 

http://www.ab-ix.co.uk/hillson praga.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick search on the internet revealed this. I know it's Wikipedia, so be advised.

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_of_the_Royal_Air_Force

 

From that, it doesn't appear any were impressed.

 

I will hunt out my old copy of Squadrons of the RAF and see if any are mentioned in the index, unless someone has their copy to hand?

 

Trevor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you... In our local Czech references it is mentioned but no further information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Max Headroom said:

Quick search on the internet revealed this. I know it's Wikipedia, so be advised.

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_of_the_Royal_Air_Force

 

From that, it doesn't appear any were impressed.

 

I will hunt out my old copy of Squadrons of the RAF and see if any are mentioned in the index, unless someone has their copy to hand?

 

Trevor

 

There is always the chance one was used on an unofficial basis (Like the Comper Swifts that flew with RAF units) but it would be unusual if it was missed by Air-Britain's eagle-eyed experts. There is a chance one or two of the ones still in use in 1940 flew with camo and/or roundels, but I've not been able to find any (Checked numerous books)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/07/2017 at 1:58 AM, AaCee26 said:

I usually "google" my bookshelf and "ilmavoimat &curtiss &hawk" was not a very successful search but local modelling forum may be more helpful. At least there are plenty of Curtisses built: http://www.pienoismallit.net/haku/curtiss%2Bhawk/

 

In general with this list of interests I would success you to invest instead of some models to two-part book "Finnish Fighter Colours" by Kari Stenman. About the Soviet types there is well researched material also in Massimo Tessitori's site "Soviet warplanes" IIRC.

 

Hi AaCee,

I just wanted to say :thanks: .

Massimo's site is superb; it has really helped in the past with the LaGG 3 (one of my personal favourite 'undersung' aircaft),

I am now reading about Finnish I-16 too.

 

I have ordered three books by Stenman, the two you recommended and also, relevant to this thread;

 

This book on Curtiss Hawk aces looks enjoyable:

 

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=21260812957&searchurl=sortby%3D17%26an%3DKari%2BStenman

 

I visited the forum; I think it's time to learn some more Finnish language :smartass: 🇫🇮 !

 

Best regards

TonyT

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jan, just checked and nothing in the book. I looked under Praga, Hillson Praga and Helvellyn and it appears nothing official happened.

 

Trevor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gentlemen, thank you all for your kind help with Hillson Praga. Unfortunately, we will include only civilian British and Australian a/c....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Civil marks for the Praga kit will be welcomed by me! Will complement my Amodel Moths. I dont think the RAF impressed very light types such as the Praga except maybe as decoys. 

Cheers, Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remembered afterwards that I had  the old Putnam's book on RAF aircraft and that also drew a blank.

 

Jan, I'd be interested to see what your own references say about the subject.

 

Regards

 

Trevor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jan Polc, would I be able to buy a replacement photoetch fret for your Gloster Gauntlet kit? I managed to lose the windscreen for one I was building and had to steal it from my second boxing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Procopius - send me e-mail please to marketing@kovozavody.cz and I will solve your problem with Gauntlet kit. Just include reminder you want etch fret Gauntlet and your postal contact. And..., have your gold credit card ready... :-)

Jan

Edited by Jan Polc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Praga E-144 Air Baby (Hillson Praga) is very very close. In the link can be found the first camo previews...

http://www.modelarovo.cz/praga-e-114-air-baby-172-kp-nahledy-zbarveni/

I know I ask this with monotonous regularity but when is the Spitfire VC going to be released?

 

(I won't ask about when you Hurricane I/ IIs will be released. :wicked:)

Edited by Beard
to correct punctuation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beard - Spit Vc is in the pipeline, stay tuned please. Just to explain - we are also asking our distributors what and when to release. And our feedback is to wait with Spitfire as there a little bit too much Spitfires on the market in 1/72.....

And Hurricanes? I was talking about Hurricanes? Really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Beard - Spit Vc is in the pipeline, stay tuned please. Just to explain - we are also asking our distributors what and when to release. And our feedback is to wait with Spitfire as there a little bit too much Spitfires on the market in 1/72.....

 

I will stay tuned, Jan, they're going against the maxim 'a man can never have too many Spitfires' but I only buy them, I don't have to sell 'em.

 

4 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

And Hurricanes? I was talking about Hurricanes? Really?

 

I took this:

PF2017.jpg

 

and this:

pf2017-jp.jpg

 

as hints. Please don't tell me I've been buying Hurricane decal sheets in vain.

Edited by Beard
to correct spelling. Of 'Hurricane', of all things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Beard - Spit Vc is in the pipeline, stay tuned please. Just to explain - we are also asking our distributors what and when to release. And our feedback is to wait with Spitfire as there a little bit too much Spitfires on the market in 1/72.....

And Hurricanes? I was talking about Hurricanes? Really?

 

I beg to differ, there's no proper Mk.Vc anywhere ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, occa said:

 

I beg to differ, there's no proper Mk.Vc anywhere ...

 

Sword? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beard said:

 

Sword? 

 

You're basically correct but Sword are short run.

The latest KP kits are made from steel molds, if I don't err ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beard - yes, I´ve used Hurricanes on company and my personal seasonal greetings.... :-) because I do not like B-52.

If Hurricanes - IF - it will be a big project for us and we can do this not earlier then we finish our another big project - Me-262A&B.

But, yes, we are very close to Hurricane.

 

What we are also working on is Mosquito, so the situation for Hurricane is not so much easy.

If you will attend Telford this year, come to our stand at Guidelines, we can discuss, not only Hurricane of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Beard - yes, I´ve used Hurricanes on company and my personal seasonal greetings.... :-) because I do not like B-52.

If Hurricanes - IF - it will be a big project for us and we can do this not earlier then we finish our another big project - Me-262A&B.

But, yes, we are very close to Hurricane.

 

What we are also working on is Mosquito, so the situation for Hurricane is not so much easy.

If you will attend Telford this year, come to our stand at Guidelines, we can discuss, not only Hurricane of course.

Thanks Jan, a glimmer of hope then (although a B-52 is far more Christmasy than a Hurricane which is why I assumed it was a clue).

I won't be going to Telford but I'm willing to bet that there'll be some-one who wants to discuss Hurricanes who will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Beard said:

Thanks Jan, a glimmer of hope then (although a B-52 is far more Christmasy than a Hurricane which is why I assumed it was a clue).

OK, I'm intrigued here.  Why is a BUFF more "Christmasy"?  Is it because of Linebacker II, the so called Christmas bombings of North Vietnam in `72?  If you are thinking of NORAD tracking Santa, then one of the deltas, either the F-102 or F-106 would be more "Christmasy".

Later,

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gentlemen, I have posted on the 72nd scale Aircraft forum some info. Let me repost it here not to write twice... :-)

 

To 109 - we are finishing new reedition of G-6 - Western front now, as there was a lot of demands from modellers, and in fact we had majority of our Gustavs from the East. This G-6 will be accompanied by Fw-190D-9 with early (flat) canopy.
Fuselages for G-10 Erla nad K different parts are ready, waiting for the window in mould workshop. We hope it will be released this year, in December maybe, but do not take it as a promise, it is a plan only.

Together with 109G/K parts we want to produce parts necessary for Spitfire Vc, so the same status.

Cessnas are ready in the form of master model and they are also waiting for the production window.

What we know today is that we can not reach Telford with Fairey FD-2 1/48 and this will be released early in 2018.

We are working on Mosquito 1/72 and one WWI plane now and also on the line of 1/48 Sukhoi 7 and 25. On the workbench is MiG-23BN in 1/72nd scale, twoseater I expect early in 2018 as we had to make some changes in master model.

Postopend to 2018 is also SIAI 260 and Me-262 I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, e8n2 said:

OK, I'm intrigued here.  Why is a BUFF more "Christmasy"?  Is it because of Linebacker II, the so called Christmas bombings of North Vietnam in `72?  If you are thinking of NORAD tracking Santa, then one of the deltas, either the F-102 or F-106 would be more "Christmasy".

Later,

Dave

 

I always think of bombers being more Christmasy than fighters, that's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Gentlemen, I have posted on the 72nd scale Aircraft forum some info. Let me repost it here not to write twice... :-)

 

To 109 - we are finishing new reedition of G-6 - Western front now, as there was a lot of demands from modellers, and in fact we had majority of our Gustavs from the East. This G-6 will be accompanied by Fw-190D-9 with early (flat) canopy.
Fuselages for G-10 Erla nad K different parts are ready, waiting for the window in mould workshop. We hope it will be released this year, in December maybe, but do not take it as a promise, it is a plan only.

Together with 109G/K parts we want to produce parts necessary for Spitfire Vc, so the same status.

Cessnas are ready in the form of master model and they are also waiting for the production window.

What we know today is that we can not reach Telford with Fairey FD-2 1/48 and this will be released early in 2018.

We are working on Mosquito 1/72 and one WWI plane now and also on the line of 1/48 Sukhoi 7 and 25. On the workbench is MiG-23BN in 1/72nd scale, twoseater I expect early in 2018 as we had to make some changes in master model.

Postopend to 2018 is also SIAI 260 and Me-262 I think.

Good evening Jan

 Thank you for these infos , any news about the H75 ?

 

Patrice

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...