KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

Jan, 

Can you please provide a few more details regarding the forthcoming 1/72 Chipmunk. Will we be getting both RAF and Canadian versions? Anything else that you may be able to mention??

Cheers.. Dave

Bf 108 - we bought Fly kits and made new sprue with all resin parts in plastic. New decals.

Chipmunk - I am not expert in this type. What I know we have four boxes. so both versions with framed canopy and bubble canopy...

I will be out of office, so I will check BM only time to time gentlemen. If you need something solve in a hurry, send me e-mail please.

Merry Christmas to all.

Jan

• Like 3

Hi Jan

Would it be possible to have separate sets of the P-51 Wing racks without the drop tanks? I've got many P-51 models from various companies, including AZ/KP, so I've got many spare drop tanks and bombs of the different types, so I could use a few sets of racks, as many of the Mustangs I'm modelling will have the 108 gal paper tanks.

Also it would be nice to include a pair of resin wing racks in the AZ/KP P-51 kits. As mentioned, many modellers will have spare drop tanks or bombs but with no racks, they are useless. At least if the kits came with the racks, it would be easy to use up our spare ordnance. Note that the Academy P-51B/C is still a reasonably good kit and comes with both sets of tanks and some bombs, making it a cheaper way of making a collection. I'd rather get the AZ/KP kits though, as you do more interesting choices in markings... 

On the question of P-51's, I noticed HLJ has got the P-51B Heller-er Bust! in stock already but it's not here in the UK yet, is it on it's way?

thanks

Mike

HELL-ER-BUST is in the delivery to Hannants we dispatched today. To the racks - we are working on the new kit of P-51B with fin fillet and this kit will include the racks and I think (not sure) drop tanks. To make separate racks I think is not possible, or we were not thinking about.... You can buy our PUR set of racks with drop tanks. I think Hannants carry it. End user price is something like 4,00EUR.

Edited by Jan Polc
  • Like 1

Thanks Jan.

The problem with the racks and Drop Tank, is that there's only 1 pair of racks for the P-51B/C and I have 4 AZ/KP P-51B/C's so far, so I'll need to buy 3 more sets of racks/drop tanks and I'll end up with a load of spare P-51D racks and indeed drop tanks which I don't need (all the P-51D kits I have, feature drop tanks and racks). I'm sure some people will have the same issue as well. I as hoping it would be fairly easy to make a set up containing a few pairs of resin P-51B racks, given that you've already done a pair on the existing resin set but I don't really know how hard or easy that might be.

Also I think I might have spotted an error on the decal sheet of the AZ P-51B 357th aces kit. The serial no on the tail of 'Hurry Home Honey' reads 36634 but from looking at pics of the real aircraft and checking on the 'Little Friends' website, it looks like it should be 36935.

thanks

Mike

Hi to all. Let me express my personal "Thank you" to all of you for your support. I wish to you and your families or friends Merry Christmas and in 2017 year only the success, health and some money.....

This my wish is also my Good bye in this year, I will try to relax a little bit and will be back on January 2nd 2017.

I am looking forward to our discussions, your tips and our tricks.... :-)

Bye for now,

Jan

pf2017-jp.jpg

• Like 10

I, too, wish my best to you, Jan, and to all at AZ.  It is really great that a manufacturer of kits takes the time and effort to talk to customers (even such particular ones as you find here on this forum!).

Keep up the good work in 2017!!  (I personally will enjoy building the excellent new MB-5 kit in the "what-If" group build that IPMS Ireland has organised from March to September 2016 - see http://forum.ipmsireland.com/topic/30078285/1/?x=30#new.  (I have already built your excellent Spitfire Mk IX for the Spitfire group build there in 2016.)

Philip.

Hello Jan

Is a camouflage scheme for Polish Bf-108 correct? According to "Polish Wings 8, Poland's captured Luftwaffe Warprizes" that BF-108 was finished with dark Prussian Blue or ultramarine blue lacquer.

By the way, Dutch scheme is a very nice addition, I will go for it.

Edited by Botan

Hi gentlemen,

let me welcome you in the new year. I hope we will continue in our dicussions. I am looking at our schedule for 2017 now, I think there are some kits you are waiting for and some you have never heard about. And, as a new info - KP is coming back to the 1/48th scale market segment, the same for AZ. We also plan some changes in our kit promotions and we will spend more time on Telford 2017 preparation. So stay tuned.... :-)

Let me answer to Botan´s question about Polish Bf 108 - yes I know, that there are some profiles on which the plane is in Deep (Prussian) Blue overall. Well, it is not easy to work with black&white photos to make coloured camo scheme. But, when discussing this particular a/c, we considered that it is not probable Taifun survived the war in its pre-war scheme. And at second - it was Deep Blue overall. Looking at photo, we can see two colours on the aircraft. According to our opinion it was Green (probably German one) over Light Blue..... But it is not a dogma. You can paint your kit as you want. :-)

me_108_2.jpg

• Like 4

Happy New Year to you as well, Jan! I really enjoy your participation in this forum, and can't wait for your new 1:72 P-36. It sounds like you have a lot of great new kits coming our way this year. Thanks to you and your team!   :) 

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

A Very Happy New Year to You and the Team Jan.

I built most of the KP range in 1/72 and would love the chance to do the same in 1/48 as my eyes aren't good enough any more for 1/72.

I Hope 2017 is a Very Good Year for the brands.

There is complex photoreport about Martin Baker MB. 3 and MB. 5 published on the website modelarovo.cz.

Follow the link - 

http://www.modelarovo.cz/letouny-martin-baker-mb-3-mb-5-fotoreport/

Answer to your question "Why there are pics of MB. 3?" - I think it is clear... :-)

• Like 2

Nice - hey, I thought I saw pics of a Yak-9 there, too... :lol:

Happy New Year, Jan! Now, seriously, do you have a release date for the La-5 and La-5F? Thanks in advance for any new information! :thumbsup:

John

20 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Answer to your question "Why there are pics of MB. 3?" - I think it is clear... :-)

Yesssssss!

Are you still planning on making canopy masks for the Hampden, by the way? 

Hi to all - let me answer to your questions - 

John "Red Star Hunter" Thompson - if you have seen our Yak 9 picture somewhere, you know more than me.... :-) Lavochkins I expect in March. We have some technological changes in the kit solution, so it will take more time to mill. BTW, have you heard about new Il-10 Beast by Fly?

Hampden canopy mask is the subject I have on the table now...., so I think Procopius will be happy.

MB. 3 - as we have wings and small parts ready, we will do MB. 3. It is planned for this year, but it has no ETA now.  

• Like 2

:yikes: An MB.3 how soon?! :yahoo:I'll need at least two!

Also interested to note the ability to make an FAA version of the MB.5, didn't realise when I first looked at the runners. Imagine if she'd made it to production and replaced the Seafire?

Anyway excellent start to the new year! Looking forward to the Lavockins too. Will you be looking at the earlier LaGG-1 and -3 as well or is that in the distant future?

5 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Hampden canopy mask is the subject I have on the table now...., so I think Procopius will be happy.

MB. 3 - as we have wings and small parts ready, we will do MB. 3. It is planned for this year, but it has no ETA now.  

Doubly happy!

6 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

John "Red Star Hunter" Thompson - if you have seen our Yak 9 picture somewhere, you know more than me.... :-) Lavochkins I expect in March. We have some technological changes in the kit solution, so it will take more time to mill. BTW, have you heard about new Il-10 Beast by Fly?

Thank you for the reply regarding the Lavochkins! I guess the Yak-9 I saw was just the result of too much holiday celebrating... Regarding the Il-10, yes, that's good news! A few years ago Petr was briefly interested in my suggestion for a Yak-1b, but then he said Fly was going to do that one. There's been nothing since, but if an Il-10 is possible, then maybe a Yak-1b is too! :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, charlie_c67 said:

Anyway excellent start to the new year! Looking forward to the Lavockins too. Will you be looking at the earlier LaGG-1 and -3 as well or is that in the distant future?

I like the way you think - put me down for those, too!

5 hours ago, Beard said:

I note the name of the pilots on the first and third one, 'G Boak' and 'JohnThompson', wouldn't Mr Thompson have flown a navilised Yak-9?

I didn't notice that - thanks for pointing it out. I'm honoured to be immortalized on an AZ decal sheet, and yes, a navalised Yak-9 is a terrific idea!

John

• Like 1

On 2 janvier 2017 at 09:48, Jan Polc said:

Hi gentlemen,

(...) And, as a new info - KP is coming back to the 1/48th scale market segment, the same for AZ. (...)

Niiiice!

DHC-1 Chipmunk, Pilatus PC-9 & PC-21 etc.

V.P.