KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

7 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Case DH-103 Hornet - I have got some e-mails with questions about that project. Let me inform you, that we are cooperating with Roy Sutherland, David Askett and David Collins on it.

We have got a lot of drawings, plans and photographs and I hope we will release as accurate kit as possible. We also have an agreement with Scale Aircraft Modelling and we share all significant news with them exclusively,

Good news indeed Jan, looking forward to this kit.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for taking the time to update us on all those projects Jan.

For my own part the Cessna 150/152/180 series is interesting along with the undoubtedly popular Two-stage Mosquitoes and Dh-103 Hornet but I hope everything prove to be great sellers for you.

Nice to know the hobby shops are opening again in Czech Republic :) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Col. - shops yes..., but the pubs and bars... 😞

That does seem a strange decision but our perception of what is happening across the world is somewhat clouded by a biased media here in the UK.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

there's never any great crowds in model shops.

True ... but they do tend to linger! I'm hoping they do re-open here soon, but assuming entry will be limited I think we'll need time limits as well! Personally I can spend an hour or more trying to make up my mind what to buy 😀

Cheers,

Colin

• Like 4

And another boxing - ref. ? - de Havilland DH.103 Hornet PR.Mk.2 

Source: https://www.facebook.com/SAMEditor1/photos/a.697123410402667/2946585162123136/

200501061428754478.jpg

V.P.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 5/1/2020 at 5:07 AM, Homebee said:

And another boxing - ref. ? - de Havilland DH.103 Hornet PR.Mk.2 

Source: https://www.facebook.com/SAMEditor1/photos/a.697123410402667/2946585162123136/

200501061428754478.jpg

V.P.

A Hornet in PRU Blue? :wub:

2 hours ago, Wez said:

Isn't it MSG over PRU Blue? :wub::wub:

It looks like PRU Blue alone to me but either is going to be lovely :D 

It was in another colour gentlemen? Maybe we interpreted BW photograph in wrong way. Your comments please...

1 hour ago, Jan Polc said:

It was in another colour gentlemen? Maybe we interpreted BW photograph in wrong way. Your comments please...

Your colours are correct Jan, it was my interpretation that was wrong.  It is PRU Blue overall.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Jan, are you there?

Hannants announces three new boxings of KP MiG-19, so don't feel obliged to keep them hidden 😃

Could you give us details about the painting schemes?

Cheers

Michael

Yes I can, but painting schemes today looks like a list written on sheet of paper and folder with photographs... 🙂

I have to finish some illustrations for the next SAM issue and than MiGs are on the table. The list looks like this -

Box 1) - Shenyang F6A early (without brake parachute) -

Pakistan AF 823 in three colour camo

Pakistan AF Silver overall 1817 - this aircraft shot down Su-7

Vietnamese AF Silver/Green 6066

Chinese AF 0138 in three colour camo scheme

Box 2 - MiG-19/Shenyang F-6A Arab AF

Egyptian AF Grey/Grey camo with orange ID markings

Egyptian AF in Green/Sand camo

Syrian AF in Sand/Olive

Egyptian AF 3571 in Silver overall

Box 3 Warsaw Pact

east German AF 495, Silver overall

Soviet AF 27, in Grey over Blue

Bulgarian AF 882 in three colour camo

Polish AF 916, Silver overall - after discussions on this we decided to add this mysterious plane, as our refences talk about one single delivered...

Is it big enough...? 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Yes I can, but painting schemes today looks like a list written on sheet of paper and folder with photographs... 🙂

I have to finish some illustrations for the next SAM issue and than MiGs are on the table. The list looks like this -

.....Polish AF 916, Silver overall - after discussions on this we decided to add this mysterious plane, as our refences talk about one single delivered...

Is it big enough...? 🙂

• Understood clearly, the kits will be on the market after the summer holidays
  • The only Polish "916" was MiG-19PM c/n 65210916, delivered on 28.07.58 - don't use the 1980 TBU-booklet with colour profile of Polish -19S "916" as the serious source, please
  • Yes it is big (or even great), although single Chinese a/c versus 5 Pakistani ones looks a little odd, doesn't it?

Cheers

Michael

3 hours ago, alt-92 said:

Don't know where you see 5x PAF in that list... 

Not in that list, but in whole KP MiG-19 programme.

At the moment there are three boxings available (for several months) and these new three (described above) to join them.

72158 - 4x Czech a/c

72159 - 1x Czech, 1x Russia, 1x GDR, 1x Indonesia

72160 - 3x Pakistan, 1x Bangladesh

72187 - 1x Russia, 1x GDR, 1x Bulgaria, 1x Poland (what if)

72188 - 3x Egypt, 1x Syria

72189 - 2x Pakistan, 1x China, 1x Vietnam

Which makes 5 Czech, 5 Pakistani, 3 Egyptian, 2 Russian, 2 East German, 1x Indonesian, 1x Bangladesh, 1x Bulgarian, 1x Syrian, 1x Vietnamese, 1x Chinese and 1 Polish schemes altogether.

Cheers

Michael

• Thanks 1

Perhaps there are just more - or better publicised - attractive PAF variations than there is for the other nations?  There could just be limited sales in a programme that produced a string of otherwise identical natural metal aircraft with different numbers on the nose and differing national markings.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

Perhaps there are just more - or better publicised - attractive PAF variations than there is for the other nations?  There could just be limited sales in a programme that produced a string of otherwise identical natural metal aircraft with different numbers on the nose and differing national markings.

No, Graham - just the opposite. There are dozens of photos (not only profiles drawn) showing Shenyangs in whole array of camouflage schemes in Chinese and various 3rd world states' markings.

I like the PAF aircraft very much too, contrary to the (usually) natural metal ones from the WarPac states.

I only do hope that the KP attitude towards the Chinese has nothing to do with closing of pubs due to the COVID pandemic 😉

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Michael, I never realised that Chinese are guilty in my pub closing.... 😄 Now I know.

We refused Chinese as we have not good selling numbers with f. i. Chinese boxing of Fresco.

I am sure that there will be some more boxings in the early future. Stay tuned.

Jan

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hi Jan,

I just wanted to say thank you for making so many Curtiss Hawk models. I fell in love with this plane recently and bought your H75 French Aces kit. I am waiting for the Marabu PE set. I will be super detailing the engine bay area. Also. When I start this project I'll be placing an order for one of you cyclone powered Mohawks.

• Like 2

Plastimic - thank you for your comment on H-75/P-36. When I was talking with Radek from MARABU, who is my very close friend for a long years I think he was talking about the PE set

as that it is finished. Maybe not produced in series.

He also has finished PE set for MiG-19...

• Like 2

Hi Jan,

First of all thank you for your answer related to the foreign Dewoitines. So it can be assumed that the Lithuanian one is coming some time in the future? I understand that the Chinese one is priorized to get your pub open :D

About the Curtiss Hawk. Last yeur was published a boxing called "Nordic Hunter" which, I assume, refers to Finland and possible Norway. A great box art btw.... What has happened to this one? Too many Finnish Curtisses already on the market?

Cheers!

AaCee

Edited by AaCee26