KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

Interesting thread.

We have discussed it, master model is back on the table to add cockpit heating, it is one part only, so no problem.

To the scheme - we expect it was in Silver as majority D-510 aircraft. Checking both photos we did not find serial on it.

There is a "something" on the fuselage in the place, where serial is on British planes of the period. Should be censored photo?

And national markings..., French or British? We decided that we will include both on the sheet as possible choice of the modeler.

Also we include serials on fuselage sides, in some RAF style font. Do you think it was placed below the wings? Suggestions?

• Like 1

This will be short run, but nice one Colin... 🙂

HQT facility finished La-5, we have test shots on the table and started with 109E today.

• Like 2

Hi gentlemen and MR. JOHN THOMPSON.... :-), here it is.... fresh new Lavochkin "razorback".

spacer.png

Building the kit is really a joy, more photos and some informative words by Petr Muzikant can be found in th following link - 

http://www.modelarovo.cz/kp-hlasi-lavockin-la-5-1-72-dokoncen/

Together with Lavochkin will KP release some more kits - after a longer time we will release a kit in 1/48 scale - famous German glider Grunau Baby GBIIb. We cannot forget our customers

who are collecting The Great War airplanes so we have prepared Sopwith Triplane in various boxes and finally, D-510 is coming - 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9

On 4/14/2020 at 11:29 AM, Jan Polc said:

Interesting thread.

We have discussed it, master model is back on the table to add cockpit heating, it is one part only, so no problem.

To the scheme - we expect it was in Silver as majority D-510 aircraft. Checking both photos we did not find serial on it.

There is a "something" on the fuselage in the place, where serial is on British planes of the period. Should be censored photo?

And national markings..., French or British? We decided that we will include both on the sheet as possible choice of the modeler.

Also we include serials on fuselage sides, in some RAF style font. Do you think it was placed below the wings? Suggestions?

I have a third photo of it from Air Britain, a plain side on view, no serial visible  - I'll send you a copy (I was sure I'd seen a photo of the rudder showing an RAF serial but I can't find it). Pretty sure it's RAF markings, with red leading on the rudder - AAEE usually used ortho film which rendered the roundel blue very light.

The front view photo doesn't appear to show serials when lightened

2 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Hi gentlemen and MR. JOHN THOMPSON.... :-), here it is.... fresh new Lavochkin "razorback".

spacer.png

Building the kit is really a joy, more photos and some informative words by Petr Muzikant can be found in th following link - 

http://www.modelarovo.cz/kp-hlasi-lavockin-la-5-1-72-dokoncen/

Looks very good - the images in Petr's Modelarovo article are excellent. I wasn't expecting so much cockpit detail. Do you have any date for release? Thank you, and I hope I'm not the only person who buys it!

Oh, by the way - how about the La-5F?

John

Edited by John Thompson

John hi, thank you.

The mould was polished a little bit today, process started. Boxes are printed, decals are printed, instructions are ready. I think KP distri will start to complete kits on Friday. Maybe Monday, they

are lazy monkeys time to time... 🙂

To the shops (sorry, e-shops as shops are moreless closed) in ten days, depends on particular orders.

Give us one more month with La-5F, it will come with  new Bf 109G-10 Diana.

And check your PM please.

Over, Jan

• Like 3

Dear Jan,

Is the 1/48th Grunau Baby IIb a Kovozávody Prostejov (KP) new tool kit or a rebox with new decals from the Fly kit (link)?

I suppose you are aware Special Hobby (SH) is also working on a new tool 1/48th Grunau Baby IIb (link). And, sorry to say that, but considering the top quality from the last SH productions, I'll probably choose the SH one.

Frankly, in 1/48th, you'd better going on with your long announced Sukhoi Su-7U/UMK "Moujik" (link) or Fairey Delta 2 (link) projects.

news-KP2017-2-768x1086.jpg imageproxy.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Homebee - people who were building perfectly looking He 162 of that company were not pleased so much by the process of building... Anyway, in sprues it looks perfect but not

working the same. Thank you for suggestions on 1/48 scale projects, do not be afraid both aircraft were not forgotten.

Project of BG IIb is a year old one, and in fact we had no idea that SH is working on it. I think that it is logical to release kit in which were invested money and many components are ready.

• Like 2

Dear Jan, thank you very much for your answer and all the best with your uncredibly numerous projects.

And over all, keep safe.

GBII.jpg

"Ex-Fly" kit if Hannants info is correct - https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/KPM4813

Anyway a rather sarcastic box art for the D.510, isn't it? 

94030764-1291965630997283-28340430608479

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Thanks 1

Homebee - please be very careful with"Long live to the Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren" - many families (including mine) lost somebody during German occupation

and we are sensitive in this theme even today. Thank you.

• Sad 3

16 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Homebee - please be very careful with"Long live to the Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren" - many families (including mine) lost somebody during German occupation

and we are sensitive in this theme even today. Thank you.

OK, I understand and delete immediately this unnecessary as provocative statement.

But be aware the D.510 illustration with the Bf.109 marauding in the background and the caption "In the Blue Sky of Sweet France" is considered as sarcastic and not very well received among my French modellers friends. The same illustration with the same text but without the German ennemy of the time in the background would be for sure appreciated. Just as I hurt your feelings, as it the future box art of the D.510 kit hurts the national feeling of some French guys.   

V.P. 

Edited by Homebee

AaCee26 - yes. In one of coming soon boxings are - Japanese, Chinese, Spanish and Lithuanian. Also British is in the pipeline.

Homebee - I am keeping this thread free of political correctness or Greta Thunberg and with some portion of humour. But I feel I have to comment D-510 boxart. 

I am very sorry that your French friends feel offended by it. First of all, let your French friends go back to Munich 1938 and sarcastic behaviors of Mr. Daladier,

as this act caused that Bf 109 is flying on the French sky...

We feel Munich as very sarcastic. 

To the boxart - 

1) it is Czechoslovak pilot sitting in D-510, that Czechoslovak pilot, who escaped from occupied Czechoslovakia to help its former ally who left us abandoned and alone, help him to

defend his country.

2) there is no sign of machine guns  fire, even no sign of attack as 109 is just passing by. Who will be the winner of the dog fight? Why your French friends think that

Messerschmitt will shot down D-510? It is one to one Homebee...

3) "In the Blue Sky of Sweet France" - it is not sarcastic sentence. It is based on the title of article series, published in 1941 in the military newspaper "Czechoslovak" and

describing the bravery of Czechoslovak pilots in French campaign. Just for info - Alois Vasatko was the second most successful pilot over France, Frantisek Perina the fourth, both were 

Knights of the Legion of Honor. It is also the title of excellent two volume book by respected Czech aviation historian Jiri Rajlich. And that is why we have used it, nothing more.

4) If we remove Bf 109, boxart will loose its action. Maybe your French friends will be satisfied with D-510 in victory manouver over burning Messerschmitt.

But what about our German friends?

We can continue in this for a long time and result of this discussion will lead us to the nonsence.

Homebee, we will not change the boxart, as we do not want to do precedent and change it regurarly in the future according to any friends. We do not want to ask our

illustrators for a boxart with two pages of instructions such as - no smoke because of Greenpeace, no gun fire because of hippies, with Black pilot because of minorities,

not complete German marking because of political correctness and electric powered Spitfires because of Greta. Please take the boxart as a boxart and not a fight.

I would like to keep that thread back again in the level of friendly discussions on plastic kits and nothing more. Thank you.

Above written lines express also the opinion of Petr Muzikant, owner of the company and of the rest of our team.

Over, Jan

Edited by Jan Polc
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

We do not want to ask our

illustrators for a boxart with two pages of instructions such as - no smoke because of Greenpeace, no gun fire because of hippies, with Black pilot because of minorities,

not complete German marking because of political correctness and electric powered Spitfires because of Greta. Please take the boxart as a boxart and not a fight.

I would like to keep that thread back again in the level of friendly discussions on plastic kits and nothing more. Thank you.

That was actually quite good, as was the rest of the post. But yes, back to plastic kits!

John

• Like 2

Everybody has opinions but politics I think it should be kept out at all.
I just don't think it is beneficial to the hobby if manufacturers use their box art to express theirs, it is putting off.

The same applies when SH put up 'fighting communists since ... 'on their box art for the Sunderland.

Spoiler

(I have to remind that Czechs killed (lets express the number carefully) at least  over ten thousand Germans and expelled at least a hundred thousand from their homes after WWII.)

Edit: ^^ My numbers were too high first so I corrected them. ^^

So it's not only one sided, it's no use to keep any bad ideas of revenge alive.

Just my 0.02 $ .... I'll keep my mouth shut now.

Keep up making models for us, we all appreciate this.

If mods think this post is over the line feel free to delete it ...

Edit: Corrected the numbers in the Spoiler

occa - please keep in mind, that we were not expressing any political opinions. As I said the title is the same as the title of articles about Czechoslovak pilots

fighting in French AF and published in 1941, so more than politics it is keeping traditions. That is all....

Also, look at more references for more correct numbers about the victims after the war.

It is also my the last comment on the theme.

My next post will show you one more boxart of Triplane - in paradox "in French service" ... 🙂

Gentlemen, I wish you pleasant weekend.

As I promised, here is a boxart for the last boxing of Triplane - "in French Service".

Author is Carlos Alonso and in my personal opinion it is his the best work for KP/AZ until now. I have used it as a PC wallpaper

immediately. I am sure it will come as "Poster of the Week" very shortly.

spacer.png

Edited by Jan Polc
  • Like 6

Great news regarding the Triplane.  I'm looking forward to seeing the markings options for the 'Aces' boxing. 8 Naval Squadron had some very colourful aircraft by British WW1 standards. It seems the Pheon Models decal sheet is no longer available.