KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

17 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

Here in north Texas, the liquor stores are still open, I think …

In the UK, the Government has declared Off Licences (what you'd call a liquor store), as being essential services during the crisis and thus allowed to remain open - they obviously understand that we're going to need more than a nice cup of tea to get through this!

Anyway, I digress, I'm looking forward to the La-5 series.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/25/2020 at 8:05 PM, Patton610 said:

sweet its a bit jarring to see invasion stripes on a bobcat, used to seeing them in a trainer setting  

Those Bobcats that went overseas were used in a utility or liaison role and were not considered trainers. So those that went to the 8th and 9th Air Forces were subject to the order to have invasion stripes applied.

• Thanks 1

Morning gentlemen, 

let me inform you, that web Modelarovo.cz has new line of "articles" - there is a offer called "Poster of the week". Web is using very huge archive of KP/AZ boxarts and offer one a week in printable quality, size A3. Easy way, how to make the poster - download PDF, visit your local copy shop or graphic studio with flash disk and that´s it. They start with Westland Gazelle this week. Enjoy.

http://www.modelarovo.cz/plakat-tydne-poster-of-the-week/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ventsislav Gramatski said:

Looks very good, Jan, can't wait to see builds! You mentioned plans for a Bulgarian markings boxing, mind me asking if you have sources for the camouflage schemes/subversions the VnVV operated? Unfortunately, lots of incorrect ones on the Internet... Would be happy to provide info.

Hi Ventsislav, can you contact me on [email protected] to discuss Bulgarian Bf 109 please?

Jan,

I've seen the AZ 1/72nd Storches advertised on Hannants website, are these re-boxes of the Heller kit?

1 hour ago, Jan Polc said:

Yes, pure Heller plastic with new decals.

Thanks Jan, tis a lovely little kit

So in this case (Dewoitine 500,501,510)  it is not the Heller plastic!  Please note, that 510 should has 3 blades propeller and on photo from link

DSC04097.jpg

there are only wooden and metal two blades props.

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

Please also note, that there is also difference in u/c construction among 500,501 and 510, well visible when spats are removed. The latest one has a fork-like mail wheel leg (so taking wheel from both sides) whereas earlier types has support from inner side only. The differences can be notoced in photos presented on this web page:

http://www.letletlet-warplanes.com/2016/07/08/dewoitine-d-500-510-camouflage-paint-schemes/

When one looks carefully those photos shows two kinds of spats, what (AFAIR) was not reproduced in Heller kits

Regards

J-W

To the British D-510 - we want to include this bird into one boxing. Can you help me a little bit?

Photo references welcomed and little discussion too - national marking - French or British?

Serials below the wings? Silver overall expected.

Thank you for your help gentlemen.

Jan