KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

Mohawk IV and Sopwith Swallow!  Fabaroo!  AND it's Porky Jeffries' 155 Squadron aricraft 'Cymru am Blyth'.  Perfect.

Edited by Meatbox8
Additional guff.
  • Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 11:06 PM, Mr T said:

The Mohawk IV even has the markings I fancy doing one in. The Dewotine looks interesting, I fancy the one that the A&AEE had in the late thirties, does anyone know if it ever carried its allocated British serial. 

Hi Mr T,
There's an old thread about Dewoitine D510A, L4670,on this very forum:
https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/31732-british-dewoitine-d510-l4670/
The jury seems to be still out on many questions.
Chris.

• Like 1

Thanks ver much for that, I should have looked a bit harder, especially as I have one of the books and the magazine mentioned. Looking at the photos, I reckon I could get away with British roundels on the wings and the rudder in red, white and blue from the hinge line. I have an old Heller kit, but want to see what the AZ one is like. 

vpplt68- as i am author there is no problem to look into my files... 🙂

Gripens, F-18, Swallow and Scooter will be ready for distribution in two weeks.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Jan Polc
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to the La-5 series! It's about time they got a good kit in 1/72! 

The 109Es also sound interesting. Maybe another Bulgarian special boxing like the G-6? The Airfix kit, bless them for having the option, had a pretty wrong attempt a Bulgarian livery and those yellow Arrows are mighty beautiful... :)

19 hours ago, Ventsislav Gramatski said:

Looking forward to the La-5 series! It's about time they got a good kit in 1/72! 

The 109Es also sound interesting. Maybe another Bulgarian special boxing like the G-6? The Airfix kit, bless them for having the option, had a pretty wrong attempt a Bulgarian livery and those yellow Arrows are mighty beautiful... :)

Is in the pipeline...

• Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 2:39 PM, Jan Polc said:

I think I can promise some more kits not included in the newsletters. We like surprises... 🙂

Do you mean the (promised last year) Chinese boxing of Senyang F-6 (early) too?

Cheers

Michael

PS. And thank YOU for the Bobcat/Crane 👏

Hello Jan,

I just got a look at the Piper Pawnee kit that has OK-MLP on the decal sheet and I have a question about the time period it represents for the aircraft.

The box art shows it with a two blade propeller and without the nose art. Any time I've ever seen MLP, it has a four blade prop and some small nose art on both sides.

I've seen some pictures of MLP online with the two blade prop and no nose art, but never a time reference for that configuration.

Here's a few pictures I've taken of MLP in 2017 and 2018:

hKqXSAZ.jpg

kw97oqs.jpg

U4g5rXs.jpg

upnorth - this Pawnee without noseart (in fact sticker) and two-blade propeller is made according the set of photographs taken shortly after it came to Brno - Medlanky airfield.

Unfortunately I am not able to tell you correct time period, sorry.

Jan

• 2 weeks later...

Morning gentlemen,

let me show you small preview of our March news. Here is the first boxart of our "Forgotten Cessna", I think that our

fresh new artist Carlos Alonso from Spain have done really good work. The kit is coming at the end of March.

spacer.png

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Jan Polc said:

and something for John Thompson...

Nice.... but what about something now for Rabbit Leader, Jan?? 

49560455631_34f4b0c226_z.jpg

Cheers.. Dave (and I’m sure I’m not the only one)

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

and something for John Thompson... 🙂

Hmmm - well, that's pretty nice - thank you for mentioning me! The box art is beautiful, good enough to frame and hang on the wall. What about the redone La-5FN (La-5FN version 2.0, as I've called it before)? When do you expect to do test shots of the La-5 and La-5F?

Thanks again;

John

John Thompson - I think that in three weeks we have test shots for La-5 and La-5F. Mould maker promised this term.

I will post photos ASAP. La-5FN 2.0 will come a little bit later thanks to the capacity of mould maker, who will be overworked with the brand new Bf 109E for some time.

Bf 109 is planned for May release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1