KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

Space Ranger - many thanks. Also to KRK4m for your info about Bobcat/Crane, which are very useful.

We plan some four boxes, so we can expect civilian and military birds, for everybody something.

Space Ranger - can you contact me please on [email protected] or [email protected] as I would like to consult some points with you during my work

on the project.

There are some wartime and newer interesting schemes for Bobcat. I did mine Pavla kit is French livery from the last months of WW2:

36117725255_f3cde1656c_b.jpg&key=6897cfd

following this profile and photo

BOBCAT_FRENCH.JPG5c75eb_7469875574d847878284e0f78061e730~

Cheers

J-W

• Like 5

On 1/16/2020 at 12:03 PM, Space Ranger said:

And let's not forget the Royal Canadian Air Force, who used the Bobcat but called it "Crane"

Indeed, they feature prominently in the first part of Murray Peden's excellent memoir of his service in Bomber Command, A Thosand Shall Fall.

• Like 1

Nuremberg Toy Fair is coming gentlemen. What we can expect from KP and AZ in the first half of the year 2020 can be found in the newsletters.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CarLos said:

Looking forward for the Scooter and the Bobcat. The Dewoitines will depend on the previews. It must be really better than the Heller one!

I think those might be Heller reboxes, they've re-released a number of other Heller kits.

That said, I'm pretty excited about the Mohawk IV and Cessna Crane.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Procopius said:

I think those might be Heller reboxes, they've re-released a number of other Heller kits.

That said, I'm pretty excited about the Mohawk IV and Cessna Crane.

I could be wrong but I think they are based on the Pavla kit

17 minutes ago, occa said:

I could be wrong but I think they are based on the Pavla kit

Did Pavla do a Dewotine? I'm sure the Crane is, I have a Pavla boxing, but welcome an injection-molded canopy.

17 hours ago, Procopius said:

Did Pavla do a Dewotine? I'm sure the Crane is, I have a Pavla boxing, but welcome an injection-molded canopy.

Yes !

Edit: Jan just said obviously the Dewotoine are from new moulds,

I take it tho the Pavla kit was taken as a guide and then corrected and improved..

72065_krab_1.jpg

72065_krab_2.jpg

http://www.pavlamodels.cz/katalogy/detail.php?k=akk&c=72065

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Procopius said:

Yes, I have their 510. I still prefer Heller's rather subtle raised detail to Pavla's trenches in the wings and fuselage. I am still to investigate the accuracy of both kits but I think I have some nit-picker's review of the Heller kit in an old Fana. The Pavla kit was reviewed in Réplic, I think.

3 hours ago, Procopius said:

I'm pretty excited about the Mohawk IV

Ditto on the Mohawk/Hawk 75’s. And also the Dewoitine 510’s and The “Emil” condor legion boxing. The La-5’s looks nice also. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

Since I am walking trips around, not stright, I am most waiting for Aero 304 :)

Lavochkin "razor back" looks very promising but maybe there was also announcement by some Ukrainian company (?).

11 hours ago, Procopius said:

Neat! I hope there'll be markings for some of the ones the Poles flew in 1940.

Fast googling result - there were 4 places where Poles used D 510: the eight Polish key in Caen, the tenth  10. Polish key in La Rochelle, the GC III/9 and in flying school at Bron airfield in Lyon. I do not remeber any scheme - anyway here are individual histories if known

https://www.passionair1940.fr/Armee de l'Air/Appareils/Chasse/Dewoitine-D510/EN-Historiques-2.htm

I hope it can help

Regards

J-W

Edited by JWM
mispelling corrections
  • Thanks 2

The Mohawk IV even has the markings I fancy doing one in. The Dewotine looks interesting, I fancy the one that the A&AEE had in the late thirties, does anyone know if it ever carried its allocated British serial. 

Morning gentlemen,

interesting to read your conversation with guesses what kits will be in the boxes.

Let me answer in a short - 

Cessna Crane - original Pavla kit was very innaccurate, so KP one is new mould. Canopy is injected.

Dewoitine 500/501/510 - the same as with Cessna Crane/Bobcat

Storch - Heller/Smer rebox

MarkoZG - nothing new in the subject you were asking for

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2