KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

Thanks @Diego that helps, so i guess i wait for a later release then with the correct nose. I looked at the other post in Rumourmonger and they're planned at some point in the future. Hopefully the Polish markings will be available with them or via A/M. 

Dennis

On 12/4/2019 at 2:59 AM, Jan Polc said:

Just for your info - we retooled existing FN version, so it wil be also the new kit, followed by "razorback" and La-5F. We want to have all Lavochkins at the end

of February.

Is the La-5FN completely new, or is it a revised version of KPM0035 from 2015? If it's a revision, what changes have you made? If it's completely new, how is it better than the existing kit? Thanks in advance;

John

15 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thanks @Diego that helps, so i guess i wait for a later release then with the correct nose. I looked at the other post in Rumourmonger and they're planned at some point in the future. Hopefully the Polish markings will be available with them or via A/M. 

Dennis

Looking at the MiG-19S I am sure the upcoming P and PM will be very nice too. 

Polish markings for them are already available in 1/72 and 1/48 scales: 

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/HD72040

Edited by Diego
  • Thanks 1

Hi gentlemen,

John Thompson - La-5FN is completely new, from the new molds. We expect easier building, also some details were changed.

Polish 19S - we were informed that one single aircraft was delivered to Poland. Polish decal producer Kit Maker has this a/c included in his decal sheet. But we will double check this.

Syrian planes will be also checked.

Dewoitine D-500/501/510 are in 1/72nd scale.

Over, have a nice end of week, f*cking short as usually.... 🙂

4 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

La-5FN is completely new, from the new molds. We expect easier building, also some details were changed.

Well, that's good and interesting news. I'm looking forward to seeing the new version!

John

Edited by John Thompson

As we seem to be asking questions, is there any chance of a Mohawk IV in the foreseeable future please? It was the most operationally used version by the RAF, and SAAF. 

38 minutes ago, Mr T said:

As we seem to be asking questions, is there any chance of a Mohawk IV in the foreseeable future please? It was the most operationally used version by the RAF, and SAAF. 

……….. and in the Dutch East Indies, against Japan!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dutchplanes said:

……….. and in the Dutch East Indies, against Japan!!!

Yes, I should not have forgot the pilots of the NEIAF who put up a fight against fairly impossible odds. Some different schemes as well. 

• Like 1

Good afternoon gentlemen,

Mohawk IV - we were talking about this plane on Saturday with Petr Muzikant and it looks like we can expect it in March 2020 if everything goes well.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome in 2020 gentlemen...

We have started again today.

La-5 line - work on moulds started, if everything goes well, February.

Mohawk - the same situation.

Together with Mohawk we will make Sopwith Swallow for WWI lovers.

Work on Cessnas are near the end, stay tuned.

What else we can expect? 

One more 109 project, Mig-19P and PM and if there will be time one US fighter in 1/72.

I wish to you all prosperous year 2020.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Hello Jan,

welcome back. A very good 2020 to you!

Wonderful (for me) to see the Mohawk and the Cessna's coming. And a model from WW1.

But how about a model from WW1 we talked about a few years ago: still no injection 1/72 DeHavilland or Airco DH-9 in the world.  Any sign of that?

Hans

• Like 3

Hello Hans,

I remember well we were talking about these two birds...

Unfortunately production plan for 2020 is ready now and there is no space for this project. 😞

So we can expect LVG C. VI with lozenge camouflage only this year.

• Like 2

I know I can be a little (?) annoying but what is the future of your 72nd scale Cessna C-78/T-50 Bobcat ?

At various auctions all over the web the old Pavla kits are fetching totally unacceptable prices :(

Cheers

Michael

KRK4m - telling true, master is ready, but the project has no priority today....

Will ask for info on regular meeting and will post the info.

KRK4m - talking with Petr Muzikant today. So I have asked him about Cessna Bobcat.

His answer was a little surprise for me. Petr has finished the master model and..... forgot about it. 🙂

So, there was taken decision to send Bobcat to the mould maker.

In fact, you have saved this kit.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Vazeny Pane Jane,

Poprvé v mém životě se cítím rád ze své drzosti a obtížnosti 😀

Nakonec budeme mít definitivneho Bobcata v měřítku 1:72. Díky Bohu !

S pozdravem

Michal

• Confused 1

KRK4m - Pan jest z Polski? Do mnie jest mozliwe pisac i po polski... 🙂

No sir, we are guests here so we have to stay on English level.

If you have any references for Bobcat flown by Polish pilots, send me it, I will try to include it into one boxing.

Have a nice day gentleman.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

If you have any references for Bobcat flown by Polish pilots, send me it, I will try to include it into one boxing.

Have a nice day gentleman.

You are no doubt already aware of this one:

85998_1547186767.jpg

61445_1546438896.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

KRK4m - Pan jest z Polski? Do mnie jest mozliwe pisac i po polski... 🙂

No sir, we are guests here so we have to stay on English level.

OK - let's do it in English :

Dear Jan,

For the first time in my life, I feel happy about my audacity and onerousness 😀

Finally we will have a definite Bobcat in 1:72 scale. Thanks God !

Cheers

Michael

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2020 at 8:51 AM, Jan Polc said:

There were 21 various AT-17/UC-78s purchased in 1946 by the Polish civil aviation authorities. 14 of them (SP-LEA....LEI, SP-LEK....LEO) were used by PLL Lot airlines as crew trainers and as auxiliary airliners on secondary domestic routes (e.g. Szczecin - Koszalin). 7 others were reduced to spares for keeping the Lot fleet flying. The aircraft flown by Lot were just silver doped (plus natural metal in few places) with very dark blue (almost black) lettering http://ksmodel.pl/sklep/szczegoly/spde7202-cessna-bobcat-1-72-2285/dodatki-0

13 of them were scrapped in 1949 and the remaining one (SP-LEM) was passed in 1949 to the Warsaw Aviation Institute (IL).

Registered SP-GLC she was used for target towing, para-dropping (in 1953 three Polish parachutists jumped from SP-GLC at almost 16.000 ft, establishing the international record) and as the corporate taxi for the Chief Committee of Civil Aviation (Komitet Główny Lotnictwa Cywilnego - hence SP-GLC). This last Polish Bobcat was flying till 1967 and it is this scheme that we are showing now at the Polish Aviation Museum. 

Nevertheless most modellers (me too) are surely more interested in wartime USAAF and USN variants and I hope that you will provide us with plenty of them to choose from SOON 😀

Cheers

Michael

Edited by KRK4m
  • Like 2

On 1/16/2020 at 11:49 AM, KRK4m said:

Nevertheless most modellers (me too) are surely more interested in wartime USAAF and USN variants and I hope that you will provide us with plenty of them to choose from SOON 😀

Wartime Cessna bobcats were pretty bland; either overall silver with Bronze Green anti-glare panels on nose and cowlings, or Olive Drab over Neutral Gray. AT-17s were generally silver, and UC-78s were generally OD/NG, although there were exceptions. US Navy Bobcats (JRC-1) kept the color scheme they had before transfer to the Navy. In the course of my research for a book on the Bobcat I have found no evidence that any JRC-1 was repainted in Navy colors, although some had additional markings added. Here are some typical examples of USAAF Bobcats:

Cessna%20UC-78.JPG

800px-Cessna_UC-78_Bobcat_42-38715_(1595

"Hacks: Utility Planes of the Mighty Eighth" by Jacek Jackiewicz has a few color profiles of USAAF UC-78s, some bearing individual markings.

And let's not forget the Royal Canadian Air Force, who used the Bobcat but called it "Crane":

Cessna_Crane_298.jpg

The best-known Cessna Bobcat is arguably c/n 6117, UC-78B 43-32179, which post-war was civilianized as N67832 and acquired by movie stunt pilot Paul Mantz in 1950. It became a television and movie star, painted as Songbird for the “Sky King” television series (Jack Chertok, Producer, 1952), then in “Trans Africa Oil Co.” markings for the motion picture “The Steel Lady” (United Artists, 1953). Re-runs of Sky King ran on US television for years, exposing many adolescent "Baby Boomers" (including this one!) to the Cessna Bobcat and aviation in general. Markings for Songbird were included in the Squadron/Czech Models/Encore 1/48 Bamboo Bomber kit, a kit which I had a hand in developing. Here's a photo of Songbird (a video snap from the series):

songbird.jpg

The airplane was white overall with light gray undersurfaces and red nose and cowl trim with black registration numbers on wing and rudder. The marking on the side of the fuselage is the winged crown logo of the "Flying Crown ranch." In the TV series, Schuyler ("Sky") King was an Arizona rancher and owner of the Flying Crown.

Edited by Space Ranger
Add'l. info; clarification
  • Like 2