KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

On 6/28/2019 at 3:12 AM, Jan Polc said:

AliGauld - there is no problém. To correct what we can correct is one of the reasons I am here discussing with all of you.

We will double check this in the future, I promise.

It is the end of June, company is switching to the summer mode now. All the team wish to you pleasant holidays, refreshing sunny days and, of course, happy modelling.

How about a 1/48th scale Yak-141/41 Freestyle. 

Dear Jan,

I would like to know if the following future Kovozávody Prostějov helicopter kits are complete new tool or rebox (improved or not) from the old Heller kits?

• ref. KPM4812 - Westland Gazelle AS.1
  • ref. KPM0151 - SA-316B Alouette III  "International"

GAZELLE-KPM-4812.jpg  AIII-KPM0151.jpg

Thanks in advance,

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Thank you for your quick reply Jan.

More here: http://www.modelarovo.cz/tatranska-zuzka-v-kovozavodech/

I can just say that it's a pity as these two kits are really vintage as outdated.

Furthermore the Gazelle is a 1/50th scale kit! Therefore to present it as a 1/48th kit could constitute a prosecutable misrepresentation.

Gazelle - kit initial release: 1974 - link

Alouette III -  kit initial release: 1980 - link 

In my modeller opinion:  missed opportunities.

Regards,

V.P.  

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2017 at 8:40 PM, Dave Fleming said:

There is always the chance one was used on an unofficial basis (Like the Comper Swifts that flew with RAF units) but it would be unusual if it was missed by Air-Britain's eagle-eyed experts. There is a chance one or two of the ones still in use in 1940 flew with camo and/or roundels, but I've not been able to find any (Checked numerous books)

This is the only example I have seen in camouflage. There is reputedly an Iranian AF one too.

On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 15:23, Jan Polc said:

Hi gentlemen,

the new helicopters are Heller kit reboxes as we have very good relations with this French manufacturer.

Now that is good news Jan. Any chance of a rebox of the 1:48/ 1:50 Heller SA360/ 365?

Edited by GeejeeZ
typo

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 14:49, Jan Polc said:

Hi Paul, unfortunately I do not have any info on FD. 2. The last info was to make it for Telford this year, but it looks more probable, that Cessna family is planned for the show instead of FD. I will ask and come back to you with more proper info.

Hello Jan,

only 18 days to Telford yet. I can buy the Cessna 180 there, I presume. I waited from 2011 for it!!!

Hans

Any news about another KP over three years old announced (and interesting!) project: the 1/48th Soukhoï Su-7U "Moujik" ?

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235016506-148-sukhoi-su-7uumk-moujik-by-kovozávody-prostějov-release-in-2019/

imageproxy.jpg

Have a good day,

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:18 PM, Jan Polc said:

KP is working on ... MiG-19, the first is the 19S version, kit in HQT quality.

Hello, Jan,

please tell, will MiG-19PM follow after initial release version (planning release year/quarter) ?

Vladimir.

Edited by fregat

Vazeny Pane Jane,

I wonder whether it would be a recklessness (or maybe even a betrayal of the secret) if you could inform us about future boxings of the KP new MiG-19?

Lack of Chinese (main manufacturer and user of the type) boxing looks a little bit strange to me ...

Cheers

michael

Morning gentlemen,

hope that everybody know about the latest KP release - MiG-19S Farmer/Shenyang J-6...

Everybody is asking about the following releases.

MiG-19S - there is Varsaw Pact boxing planned - Poland, Bulgaria East Germany and Soviet Union.

Shenyang F-6C late (with parachute below the rudder) - Egyptian, Syrian and Somalian a/c

Shenyang F-6A (without parachute) - Pakistan aircraft again.

Chinese box is also coming. All that in the first quarter of the year (2020 I hope).

P and PM - are in the pipeline, together with Chinese trainer.

Let me answer also to Mr. John Thompson - MiG-19 got "green light" and we had to postpone Lavochkins. These nice Soviet fighters are on the table now.

Just for your info - we retooled existing FN version, so it wil be also the new kit, followed by "razorback" and La-5F. We want to have all Lavochkins at the end

of February.

And what about the line of Dewoitine D-500/501/510?

Edited by Jan Polc
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Marko - Lavochkin twoseater maybe later.

All the parts for Pipers - floats, bazookas and hooks are even moulded, I expect these planes in 2020, at the moment there is a window.

Cessnas will be earlier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

MiG-19S - there is Varsaw Pact boxing planned - Poland, Bulgaria East Germany and Soviet Union.

Polish MiG-19S ????? So will this be the "what if" boxing?

There have been never even one MiG-19S sporting Polish insignia. 

Contrary to some 881 MiG-15s, 878 MiG-17s and 583 MiG-21s there were only THIRTY-SIX MiG-19s used by the Polish Air Force.

They were 24 cannon-armed -19Ps and 12 missile-armed -19PMs. I have the serial & tactical numbers of all three dozens as well as individual histories of most of them.

Thus Bulgaria and GDR - yes, but Poland only in the radar-nosed boxing, please...

Cheers

Michael

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Sold i need a Polish version for my collection. 

The choice of these markings is strange, as Poland never used the MiG-19S, only the radar equipped MiG-19P and MiG-19PM versions 🤔

Syria also never used the Chinese F-6C...

Edited by Diego
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Diego said:

The choice of these markings is strange, as Poland never used the MiG-19S, only the radar equipped MiG-19P and MiG-19PM versions 🤔

Syria also never used the Chinese F-6C...

Thats good to know Diego. Im not well versed in the sub variants of Soviet aircraft let alone Mig’s. I can identify the basic airframe but not specific types. Im not super worried unless there are major airframe changes that are really obvious. If it looks the part i am good however if its very obvious I will wait for the correct version or a/m mods to get it correct. I just build for me so i can be a bit lax. 

Dennis

7 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thats good to know Diego. Im not well versed in the sub variants of Soviet aircraft let alone Mig’s. I can identify the basic airframe but not specific types. Im not super worried unless there are major airframe changes that are really obvious. If it looks the part i am good however if its very obvious I will wait for the correct version or a/m mods to get it correct. I just build for me so i can be a bit lax. 

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

The MiG-19S was a day fighter version, the P was a radar equipped, cannon armed bird with a different, wider and longer nose, the PF also having the same radar  nose like the P,  but was equipped with 4 "Alcali"  AAMs only.

MiG-19S: 

spacer.png

MiG-19P: 

spacer.png

MiG-19PM:

spacer.png

Greetings

Diego

Edited by Diego
  • Thanks 4