KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

Hi Edge, quick question in KP/AZ and here is the answer - 

yes there will be re-edition, but not in this year. Moulds have to be modified for another systém of moulding and it takes time and money...

Re-edited Oxford can be released later in 2020.

• Like 4

Hi Roman,

together with Gisela is one ANR camo scheme, if I remember good "White 5" (not sure, I am out of office - Sunday boys…).

This box is planned after summer holidays.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

Just a quick question,.

I started on your IL-2 Black Death today and noticed what may be an error in the instructions as follows.

First the Black Death Instructions.

YxrXpzH.jpg

fAAB5CD.jpg

Second The interim Gunners Station Instructions

FlC2p2y.jpg

5VaejdT.jpg

As you can see Part 9 in both sets of instructions show the same pieces to use and part 68 is crossed out on the sprue map in both sets.

I'm assuming that part 68 is the one to use for Black Death. 

Just wondering if I'm correct in this and would be really grateful if you could confirm my thoughts.

If you could also advise whether part 63 is used in either set that would be brilliant as I can't find it anywhere but it isn't crossed out in the sprue maps.

Many Thanks in advance,

Alistair

11 hours ago, AliGauld said:

Hi there,

Just a quick question,.

I started on your IL-2 Black Death today and noticed what may be an error in the instructions as follows.

As you can see Part 9 in both sets of instructions show the same pieces to use and part 68 is crossed out on the sprue map in both sets.

I'm assuming that part 68 is the one to use for Black Death. 

Just wondering if I'm correct in this and would be really grateful if you could confirm my thoughts.

If you could also advise whether part 63 is used in either set that would be brilliant as I can't find it anywhere but it isn't crossed out in the sprue maps.

Many Thanks in advance,

Alistair

Alistair, I just completed my first KP Ilyushin Il-2M, and I do agree with you!

Both boxings include the same (erroneous) instruction sheet that is meant for the early (Interim Station) variant.

Apart from the faulty instructions, the part numbering on the sprues does not match the instruction sheet.

With a little knowledge about the type, it's fairly easy to sort out the correct parts for the later version.

Also missing from the box are: the pitot tube, rudder horn balance and the gunner's seat.

6 minutes ago, Roman Schilhart said:

Alistair, I just completed my first KP Ilyushin Il-2M, and I do agree with you!

Both boxings include the same (erroneous) instruction sheet that is meant for the early (Interim Station) variant.

Apart from the faulty instructions, the part numbering on the sprues does not match the instruction sheet.

With a little knowledge about the type, it's fairly easy to sort out the correct parts for the later version.

Also missing from the box are: the pitot tube, rudder horn balance and the gunner's seat.

Hi Roman,

I noticed those missing bits but figured I could fudge them and have some spare photo etch for the Gunners Seat.

The numbering confused me at first but I got used to using the sprue map instead.

As, I said I've just started it so can take my time and try to get it right. 

Perhaps you can point me in the right direction over part 63. Is it a connector for the rear machine gun on the Black Death 2 seater?

Cheers,

Alistair

Edited by AliGauld
Added a question

2 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Hi Roman,

I noticed those missing bits but figured I could fudge them and have some spare photo etch for the Gunners Seat.

The numbering confused me at first but I got used to using the sprue map instead.

As, I said I've just started it so can take my time and try to get it right.

Cheers,

Alistair

Exactly what I did, it's not too difficult to scratch-build these missing parts.

I was a little disappointed by their omission though - especially the rudder balance horn is a very characteristic feature of the Il-2.

I made mine from a piece of stretched sprue, dipped in White glue.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Roman Schilhart said:

Exactly what I did, it's not too difficult to scratch-build these missing parts.

I was a little disappointed by their omission though - especially the rudder balance horn is a very characteristic feature of the Il-2.

I made mine from a piece of stretched sprue, dipped in White glue.

Many Thanks for that.

I will give it a go.

Cheers,

Alistair

Gentlemen,

thank you for your comments on the instructions in our IL-2 kit.

We are working on the correction, which will be available to download as PDF file from our website, I will post the link here.

To the "missing parts: - Pitot tube and balance horn are a little bit above the production limits in our technology. But I think it is not big problém to do it as scratch.

Sorry for discomfort.

Gunner seat - there was no seat in Ilyushin. He was sitting on simple strap. The best is to do it from thick paper or from the piece of magnetophone tape (I apologise to younger modeler who do not know what I am talking about).

I will inform you as soon as possible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jan Polc said:

Gentlemen,

thank you for your comments on the instructions in our IL-2 kit.

We are working on the correction, which will be available to download as PDF file from our website, I will post the link here.

To the "missing parts: - Pitot tube and balance horn are a little bit above the production limits in our technology. But I think it is not big problém to do it as scratch.

Sorry for discomfort.

Gunner seat - there was no seat in Ilyushin. He was sitting on simple strap. The best is to do it from thick paper or from the piece of magnetophone tape (I apologise to younger modeler who do not know what I am talking about).

I will inform you as soon as possible.

Hi Jan,

Many thanks for your quick reply,

No criticism was intended just a pointer in the right direction.

I will keep an eye out for the download.

Cheers,

Alistair

Gentlemen,

we have corrected the instructions in our IL-2 kits.

Corrected version can be downloaded here - 

KPM 0136 - http://www.modelarovo.cz/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/KPM0136-instructions-WEB.pdf

KPM 0137 - http://www.modelarovo.cz/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/KPM0137-instructions-WEB.pdf

Let me apologise for any complications we have caused by this our mistake. Author of the instructions was immediately executed in front of the company…. 🙂

For detailed references I strongly reccommene excellent Warpaint book - https://www.guidelinepublications.co.uk/index.php?GOTO=476&PICFILE=476&STKNR=476&STRH=&ORDN=&RNZ=735691

Over and out, Jan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Jan Polc said:

Let me apologise for any complications we have caused by this our mistake. Author of the instructions was immediately executed in front of the company…. 🙂

That is otherwise known in current business management studies as "strict accountability." 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jan Polc said:

Author of the instructions was immediately executed in front of the company…. 🙂

Ah, the wild wild East …

One question remains, regarding part #63.

I thought this was the holding mechanism for the defense gun?

I slipped this part underneath the gunner's fairing with its end protruding slightly, so the UBT can be mounted.

Now I see there's no mention of this part in the instructions … I might have done something wrong?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jan Polc said:

Gentlemen,

we have corrected the instructions in our IL-2 kits.

Corrected version can be downloaded here - 

KPM 0136 - http://www.modelarovo.cz/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/KPM0136-instructions-WEB.pdf

KPM 0137 - http://www.modelarovo.cz/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/KPM0137-instructions-WEB.pdf

For detailed references I strongly reccommene excellent Warpaint book - https://www.guidelinepublications.co.uk/index.php?GOTO=476&PICFILE=476&STKNR=476&STRH=&ORDN=&RNZ=735691

Over and out, Jan

1 hour ago, Roman Schilhart said:

Ah, the wild wild East …

One question remains, regarding part #63.

I thought this was the holding mechanism for the defense gun?

I slipped this part underneath the gunner's fairing with its end protruding slightly, so the UBT can be mounted.

Now I see there's no mention of this part in the instructions … I might have done something wrong?

Hi There Sorry to be a complete pain and many thanks for these new instructions but the numbers given for building the undercarriage nacelles in your instructions mean that you end up with one very skinny and one very fat nacelle.

This was not a major problem for me as I have the original Smer kit and as I will be building that with the skis I could replace mine.

The correct build for part 5 should be 22 to 25 and 23 to 24.

The Smer numbers are 42 to 43 and 44 to 45

Which are the same on your actual sprues.

Again many thanks for the quick response and despite what sounds like moaning I'm really enjoying the build. These are great kits of important subjects and fill the holes in my IL-2 collection.

Cheers,

Alistair

23 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

These are great kits of important subjects and fill the holes in my IL-2 collection.

Absolutely right, thanks to Petr & Jan @ AZ/KP for providing us with this important aircraft!

Hope to see more Soviet WW2 subjects in the future - Yak 9 series, for example?

• Like 1

Gentlemen, thanks to your comments we have corrected the instructions. These new ones have correct numbers, correct gunner station and the numbers of original SMER are equal to that in the instructions.

We have to apologise ourselves, final versions will be on the web for download from this Friday.

Jan

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Gentlemen, thanks to your comments we have corrected the instructions. These new ones have correct numbers, correct gunner station and the numbers of original SMER are equal to that in the instructions.

We have to apologise ourselves, final versions will be on the web for download from this Friday.

Jan

Hi Jan,

Once again thanks very much for your quick reply.

I really hope you don't think I was complaining about this as I was just trying to advise you for the future and really, really hope I haven't caused you too much trouble (Executions Excepted 😉)

AliGauld - there is no problém. To correct what we can correct is one of the reasons I am here discussing with all of you.

We will double check this in the future, I promise.

It is the end of June, company is switching to the summer mode now. All the team wish to you pleasant holidays, refreshing sunny days and, of course, happy modelling.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...