KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

2 hours ago, Roman Schilhart said:

I've grabbed a bunch of KP Il-2's  and the new AZ Model Bf-109 Erla's at the Moson Model Show.

Both kits look excellent on the sprues!

Nicely done! I'm envious - enjoy!

John

John, may I share my first impressions with you.

This is the new sprue for the AZ Model Erla Bf-109 G10:

resized_13260785-c0bb-49ac-9dab-890c1761

High quality surfaces, as usual.

I have to wait for final comments from my German "Experten" about measurements, but I'm pretty sure they will find some (minor) flaws. They always do.

Marking options are well-chosen and colorful.

I can imagine a follow-up release with Italian markings, as the Erla G-10 was common in ANR units.

Now, for the new KP Ilyushin Il-2.

Sprue with various detail parts has some minor flesh on propeller blades - nothing to worry about.

Small parts are all sharp and crispy.

resized_3d8a81c3-1fc4-4166-a3c2-1d8808e4

The parts arrangement on the sprue is interesting:

resized_cbd0fc5f-0985-4ace-9788-9bbc8f1c

resized_f5e79677-1de9-4862-bbe1-667594ef

Clear parts are looking fine, too.

I've bought both available boxings ("Interim Gunner's Station" and "Black Death" and can confirm, both kits are identical.

You can build both versions from any kit, as there's two different fuselage halves provided.

I'd like to thank AZ Model for their generosity!

resized_1b27d07d-9cf5-4589-95d6-a8a8c2b7

All parts feature finely recessed panel lines.

Marking options are interesting too.

"Interim's Gunner Station" version has three winter camoflage options with partly overpainted fuselage and wings, they all look very attractive.

"Black Death" boxing features two schemes in black/green/brown, and one in green/black.

Now we'll see how the kit actually builds.

I will turn it to the workbench as soon as I got my pending stuff cleared!

• Like 5

Aaak!!! Please, no 109 images - it looks so good, now I'm wanting one of those!!!

Thanks for the photos of the Il-2 sprues. As Jan said, one or two weeks, and then those of us not fortunate enough to be able to visit Hungary will be able to order them on-line!

John

Is there a plan to use the Modellbrno show to premier any kits?

With regards to civilian subjects, would kits of the Mooney M20 series ever be a consideration?

Perhaps new tooled Aero 45 and 145 kits, if only for the local Czech Market?

Will one of the Piper Pawnee kits include decals for OK-MLP that flies from Brno-Medlanky?

I have been waiting patiently for the Cessna 152 to become available and i promise to start off with 15 to cover the ones i worked on. After that i would love some Piper Warriors to cover the way the fleet is now, not that i get to work on them!

I see the Mooney M20 gets a mention, but i dont see the market for them. It is a fantastic looking aircraft, especially the Ovation, but i dont see many of them around. Then someone mentioned a Piper Tomahawk, but i have to say the best place for one of them is on a trailer in our fire-ground!😂

Arabest,

Geoff.

Dear Jan.... thanks for the Erla model, I was waiting for years but the schemes are wrong at least the JG301 and the JG6 ones.The gruppen band and number must be blue no green for JG 301 schemes and for JG6 option  It is completely wrong, this airplane was a JG300 plane wearing blue White blue bands no red White red for JG6. Otherwise I like the model and I will add at least 5 more models  to my current collection of 160 Bf109's.

Rgds 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jose Luis said:

The gruppen band and number must be blue no green for JG 301 schemes and for JG6 option  It is completely wrong, this airplane was a JG300 plane wearing blue White blue bands no red White red for JG6.

Interesting that you mention this - I was confused by the red/white/red RV band as well.

This aircraft appears with a blue/white/blue tailband on H-Model's "Messerschmitt Bf-109 Over Czech Territory" decal sheet - albeit with a slightly different Werknummer.

All schemes are taken from pages 72 & 73 of the book "Bf 109 Late Versions" (MMP Books) by K. Wolowski.

There's an explanation in the book why the author thinks this particular aircraft belongs to JG6, as "no elements of JG300 have been stationed in the vincinity of Prague".

This is confirmed by other sources as well: http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/Jagdgeschwader/JG300-R.htm

Edited by Roman Schilhart
typo

Dear Jan.... thanks for the Erla model, I was waiting for years but the schemes are wrong at least the JG301 and the JG6 ones.The gruppen band and number must be blue no green for JG 301 schemes and for JG6 option  It is completely wrong, this airplane was a JG300 plane wearing blue White blue bands no red White red for JG6. Otherwise I like the model and I will add at least 5 more models  to my current collection of 160 Bf109's.

Rgds 

Dear Jose,

when I was designing decals and schemes for the new Erla Bf 109, I have got some photos and remark - see "Wolowksi book pages...". So,

it can be that these two schemes are wrong, I am not a Luftwaffe expert. (In fact I am not expert in anything...)

Your claim has been passed to Petr Muzikant, let us see what we will do with the issue. Anyway, my deep apologies for that problem. I hope that

the next boxes will be correct.

MODELLBRNO - yes KP/AZ plan some new kits for this action. There is LET Z-37T Turbo Cmelak prepared, in civilian and military version. Another

civilian kit is ZLIN 142, both in 1/72 scale.

Then there is "John Thompson Line" - we hope that all will work and Lavochkin La-5 razorback and La-5F will be present there. Looks good today, so let us see.

KP/AZ will present some new boxings of existing kits - new boxing of Erla 109, including Hartmann aircraft, I hope with correct camouflage schemes, Spitfire Mk. Vc in RAAF service, 

if I remember well LVG C. VI with lozenge camouflage schemes and some more. Will post complete list later...

Piper Pawnee - I do not know exactly, as this project was done by Mr. Hybner, but I gave him a lot of photos from Medlanky airfield so I expect that this scheme is included.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2019 at 12:02 PM, stevehnz said:

I'm guessing I'm going to need one of these. :)

Steve.

I'm going to need at least three 🙂

Peter

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 7:41 PM, PhoenixII said:

Evening Jan, @Jan Polc

know that your busy, but any news on the 48th Fairey Delta 2?

Paul

Hi Paul, unfortunately I do not have any info on FD. 2. The last info was to make it for Telford this year, but it looks more probable, that Cessna family is planned for the show instead of FD. I will ask and come back to you with more proper info.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 10:56 AM, Jan Polc said:

Here you are gentlemen

spacer.png

Hi Jan,

I got mine at last weekend's BSMC show in Putte, Belgium.

It looks great and and I can't wait to start on this one!

Peter

• Like 1