KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

On 01/03/2019 at 16:18, Jan Polc said:

(...) Also Sukhoi Su-7U Moujik is on the way, kit in 1/48 scale. (...)

AZ - very close to one 1/48 kit, I can not write more about it, (...)

👍👍 :yahoo:

- Soukhoï Su-7U "Moujik" - Kovozávody Prostějov - link

- Fairey Delta 2 (FD-2) - AZ model - link

imageproxy.jpg  2.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 4:18 PM, Jan Polc said:

Cessna Bobcat - I am afraid there is no release date defined now.

So now i understand why had the ebay prices of Pavla 1/72 Bobcat soared so high over last 2-3 months.

Pity :(

Cheers

Michael

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 4:18 PM, Jan Polc said:

As I know - to the news - AZ is now very close to release Bf 109G-10 Erla kit, also Bf 109G-12 trainer, both are ready and producer is waiting for boxes and decals, April let us say.

La-5 and La-5F are in mould making factory now, KP is expecting it in September.

KP is working on Ilyushin IL-2 early twoseater now, version with narrow wing...

That's very good news for all Bf-109 aficionados, hope they will be for sale @ Moson Model Show?

Will the La-5 molds be identical to the KP kits, or completely new tooling?

Looking forward to the early Il-2 two seater as well - this will be in 72 scale, right?

Any news on the F7F Tigercat project? I know it was put on the back burner a few years ago, but I wonder if it's still planned or not. If I remember correctly, AZ were going to update the Pavla tooling. The modelling world could use a new 1:72 Tigercat, we've been living with Monogram/Revell and Aoshima for too long.   :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

La-5/5F are new moulds, usin some parts from 5FN released in 2015. New wings, new fuselages and other parts.

Ilyushin is in 1/72nd scale, I have seen the camouflages chosen into boxes, very nice.

F7F Tigercat - I was asking Petr and he told me that KP/AZ is not able to release it this year.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear gentlemen,

we are close to big show in Hungary - Mosonmagyarovar Kit Show 2019. One of the new kits prepared for this show is Fiat CR - 32 in two boxes - Hungarian and International.

Camouflage schemes for International - 

kamo-CR-32-international-NEW.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 03/04/2019 at 10:57, Jan Polc said:

One of the new kits prepared for this show is Fiat CR - 32 in two boxes - Hungarian and International.

Ooh!  Very interesting!  I'm quite fond of the CR.32 for some reason, I have the old Supermodel kit which portrays the fabric surface as something akin to a corduroy sackcloth!

It will be very interesting to compare the two.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2019 at 11:57 AM, Jan Polc said:

Dear gentlemen,

we are close to big show in Hungary - Mosonmagyarovar Kit Show 2019. One of the new kits prepared for this show is Fiat CR - 32 in two boxes - Hungarian and International.

Camouflage schemes for International - 

kamo-CR-32-international-NEW.jpg

Jan, will AZ also do Spanish Civil War and Regia Aeronautica boxings?

Peter

• Like 3

According to my info AZ will release two more boxings of CR-32 and these two will cover Regia Aeronautica and Spanish Civil War

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello Jan! According to a new thread in the "Rumourmonger" forum, KP has a couple of Il-2 kits due for release in May. The question is, are these completely new, or are they conversions of the Smer Il-2 single-seater?

John

Edited by John Thompson
  • Like 1

Hi John, nice to hear from you after a long time.

These Ilyushins are based on SMER kit, which is very accurate. KP designed new fuselage and three types of canopy. The kit allows you to build early twoseater with narrow wing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

These Ilyushins are based on SMER kit, which is very accurate. KP designed new fuselage and three types of canopy. The kit allows you to build early twoseater with narrow wing.

Thanks, Jan - I'm looking forward to the release of these two kits. Even if they're not fighters, new VVS releases are too rare to pass up.

John

20 hours ago, John Thompson said:

Thanks, Jan - I'm looking forward to the release of these two kits. Even if they're not fighters, new VVS releases are too rare to pass up.

John

KP did ilyushins specially for you John.... Stay tuned, La-5 razorback and La-5F coming in September.

Bf 109G-12 and G-10/Erla planned for Mosonmagyarovar show at the end of April.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

KP did ilyushins specially for you John....

Yeah, no doubt - launching two new kits especially for one customer is not likely to be a very successful business model, I'm afraid. OTOH, if you want to do it again, how about a Yak-1b and a Yak-9T?! Followed by the whole series of LaGG-3 versions.  :cwl:

2 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Stay tuned, La-5 razorback and La-5F coming in September.

That's good news - I'll be ready!

John

Edited by John Thompson
  • Haha 1

On 4/13/2019 at 12:48 PM, Jan Polc said:

Jan (hope it's not too late already) - can you modify the spelling on the Il-2 box?

There's no something like "guner" in English. Should be "gunner" :(

BTW - will you also try the arrow-wing variant?

Cheers

Michael

Hi Michael, I know about that horrible mistake. Unfortunately nobody fluent in English (or Czenglish) was present when box was made. It is printed already. I hope that this mistake will not affect the sprues.... When reprinted, we will correct it.

"Swept wing" version is not planned. It is thanks to the fact that KP have opportunity to buy moulds from SMER and there was no plan to design the whole kit.

When looking for references, do not forget excellent Warpaint book.

Gentlemen, I have taken spy pictures during my visit in KP/AZ.....

New 109G-12 sprue - 

109g-12-2.jpg

109g-12-1.jpg

and lang awaited 109G-10 ERLA is here. It is for the first time in any scale ERLA with correct nose shape...

109erla2.jpg

109erla1.jpg

Sorry for the quality of pictures, I have used my chinese mobile phone...

• Like 5

6 hours ago, MarkoZG said:

What happened to Aero A.304 and MiG-19?

What you think happened Marko? I think that they work on it. Kit is not a question of one week, you know...

4 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

What you think happened Marko? I think that they work on it. Kit is not a question of one week, you know...

I know, but some images of these kits parts were published few months ago. Then all of the sudden the CR.32 comes out of the blue for Moson show, overtaking these subjects without any explanation. Not to say that CR.32 even wasn't announced in 2019 program, whilev the kits that were announced are nowhere around.