KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

Dear gentlemen,

there is a show from 25th to 28th October in Prague. KP has a special action here - 4x L-159 ALCA (hot new kit) in one pack for very special price 39,90EUR incl. VAT.

Spray masks for free as a bonus...

For all who are not able to come to Prague there is a chance to make an order on our e-shop, but only from 25th to 28th of October. Quantity is limited to 100 sets only, so be quick.

Link to the product - 

https://eshop.kovozavody.cz/10309,en_alcapack.html

alca-pack-en.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/9/2018 at 4:06 AM, Jan Polc said:

We have decided the first two box of Mk. Vc until now - we have to please Ed Russell and his band, so the first box will contain Australian spits, I am collecting references now.

There are plenty of references on Vc Spitfires which were more important than the Mk VIII versions to the RAAF.  Although the with Mk VIII you can even have a 4 cannon one. At least one genuine one and a couple of speculative ones. I can't remember if I sent you the notes for the Mk Vc Spitfire or not. Let me know.

@Jan PolcIt was a pleasure to meet you at E-day and a pity it was so busy and we could not have chatted longer.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2018 at 6:41 PM, Jan Polc said:

Dear gentlemen,

TELFORD - definitely we will continue on FD-2 in 1/48 scale. And we have found hot candidate for 1/72 "Telford special", British aircraft I think never kitted before even if everybody knows it. But, wait a little bit.

Jan

Jan is there any news on this ?

Robert

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jan

Is the AZ Model 1/48 Pitts S2A still available ? I picked up a second-hand one from Hannants the other day and there's a lot of sinkage on the wings , so I was hoping I could buy replacement wings for it .

John Green 

Nantwich , Cheshire 

On 11/23/2018 at 12:58 PM, rs2man said:

Hi Jan

Is the AZ Model 1/48 Pitts S2A still available ? I picked up a second-hand one from Hannants the other day and there's a lot of sinkage on the wings , so I was hoping I could buy replacement wings for it .

John Green 

Nantwich , Cheshire 

I've got one missing the clear parts. From the S.2B kit AZ Nr 4868. I'd like to buy a spare if there are any available....

On 10/16/2018 at 6:51 AM, Jan Polc said:

One of our news prepared for Telford show is X-3 Stiletto in two boxings, one includes prototype markings, the second one is "what if" boxing.

How is the Stiletto coming? 

What's been going on with recent AZ/KP releases?

I was looking at the new ALCA kit in one of my local shops and the quality and finish of the kit seems way below the standard you guys have been working to for the last few years.

The ALCA reminds me of the Czech limited run kits from the 1990s, not a 21st century kit.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

To upnorth - it is very pity that I have to say yes, it is 21st century short run kit. Thanks to more and more EU restrictions we are facing to the lower and lower quality of materials used for mould making. The quality of short runs some five years back is hard to reach today...

We are trying to find the way now how to improve it again...

When reacting, please do not mix HQT or galvano kits with the short runs.

27 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

Well, THAT was rude!

Someone used the magic trigger letters 'EU'.  Guaranteed to get a reaction here right now and usually not in a good way.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi to all,

I am very sorry for a long silent period from my side.

Maybe you have noticed that I am very busy on another place and my cooperation with KP/AZ is on much lower level than it was.

As I know - to the news - AZ is now very close to release Bf 109G-10 Erla kit, also Bf 109G-12 trainer, both are ready and producer is waiting for boxes and decals, April let us say.

La-5 and La-5F are in mould making factory now, KP is expecting it in September.

Cessna Bobcat - I am afraid there is no release date defined now.

SF-260 - 3D is ready, later this year, if everything is going OK.

Mohawk - no release date today, not in schedule for 2019

Kingfisher - practically ready for mould making. Second half of the year.

Cessna 150/180 - October.

KP is working on Ilyushin IL-2 early twoseater now, version with narrow wing, the second type is MiG-19, the first is the 19S version, kit in HQT quality. Also Sukhoi Su-7U Moujik is on the way, kit in 1/48 scale.

AZ - very close to one 1/48 kit, I can not write more about it, then 1/72 Piper Pawnee. And one new Luftwaffe 46 kit and one very nice British what if type.

In the second half of the year there is a plan to release some kits based on Heller plastics.

• Like 6