KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

Hi Jan, thanks for your response. I'm still not sure I understand, I have used a couple of Czech merchants over the last 10 years or so, Modelimex & Hobbyshop.cz & never paid vat on those transactions, I guess I expected the same set up from you guys. They don't seem to have to go to customs for each sale, at least not that I've ever been aware. :unsure:

Steve.

Just talking with Petr from Modelimex and - they use the same system as we use... - or delivery with VAT or additional cost of 20EUR for you.

Ok, maybe things have changed recently in Czech Republic on this thing, I haven't done so much business the last year or so & maybe I assumed it was the same as before, I'll pay more attention next time. :)

Steve.

On 6/29/2018 at 5:16 AM, stevehnz said:

Hi Jan, I registered on your website & did a trial run, same shipping for two kits as one, so this would work for me, but I noticed that even though I registered to a New Zealand address, it appeared I was still going to be charged the VAT inclusive price. I didn't proceed as I can't afford to just now, it was a practice run for me but I wonder is this a glitch that needs some attention?

Steve.

I ran into the same unexpected thing on a recent order with a Polish online shop, so it's not just the Czech Republic - governments everywhere are greedy for your money in order to keep their Swiss bank accounts - er, I mean, their countries' social benefits programs funded... :angry:

John

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Ok, maybe things have changed recently in Czech Republic on this thing, I haven't done so much business the last year or so & maybe I assumed it was the same as before, I'll pay more attention next time. :)

Steve.

I had an order from Hobbyshop.cz back in March.  Unless VAT is added to the price of the kit, I was NOT charged for VAT.  According to Europa.Eu on the subject of Cross-border VAT,

"Countries outside the EU

Selling

If you sell goods to customers outside the EU, you do not charge VAT, though you may still deduct the VAT you yourself have paid on your related expenses (goods/services bought in specifically to make those sales)."

Jan, it sounds to me like somebody is giving you false information in order to charge more taxes.  Ha Hen did it to me once.  I complained, got my money back and have never bought from them again.  If Modelimex is doing the same thing, then i will never buy from them either.

Later,

Dave

Here is the link: http://europa.eu/youreurope/business/vat-customs/cross-border/index_en.htm

Edited by e8n2
Added link.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, e8n2 said:

If Modelimex is doing the same thing, then i will never buy from them either.

After reading this I checked my last buy from Modelimex which arrived just yesterday, the price that shows before I add the item to my cart is definitely less, ie minus VAT after I've logged in compared with before I log in. From memory, that is always the way it has been & that is what I was charged, no extra charges & I don't think Petr would be absorbing a 20 euro charge because I'm a long standing customer. It has always been similar from Lubos at Hobbyshop.cz. Yup, my wife is always mad. ;)  Sorry Jan but something is astray here, maybe to do with commercial transactions as opposed to personal ones? :unsure:

Steve.

I agree, buying from AZ/KP from outside the EU means NO tax. Which also means no tax to sales for customers with shipping addresses in Norway and Switzerland ( and soon the UK )

Edited by Abakan

Gentlemen - I am reading discussion carefully. In fact, I am not responsible for e-shop in our company, it is another guy. So I have to ask, then answer.

My information was clear - more cheap is the variant send with VAT and save 20EUR of customs.

I was told today morning that we have to work it out, but we are "holiday mode" now, so it will take some days. Let me inform you when I have proper information.

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2018 at 8:34 PM, jasper said:

Jan, Is it too early to comment or share any information on the upcoming Cessna's ?

I think we should wait a little bit more... In fact I wait since 2013, when Peter said they are nearly to be finished.

Hi everyone,

as a MODELIMEX owner I feel I should make things clear about matter with VAT.

We do not charge VAT to any order if the customer is from outside of EU. We have a software, we pay monthly plan for communication with Customs Office, we set it up a long time ago and yes, we go to Customs Office with every small package that we ship. That is why we post all non-EU orders every Friday, because we cannot afford to do it daily, but we do it on weekly basis. Plus - we mostly do foreign wholesale and in order to deduct VAT we had to set up our business this way and I had to learn many things myself about how to create customs documents properly for each parcel that is shipped outside of EU. It is not that easy as you might think, but any company can hire an agent that will make customs documents for them, but it costs around 15-30 EUR per each package.

So, I must say that we do not do it the same way as KP/AZ company, I just told them in order to be able to deduct VAT here they would have to set up the procedures with Customs Office but it takes time, money, knowledge etc. Or to sell worldwide for the same price (in EU and outside of EU), it is their business and it is their right to set up price policy - don't you think? And then it is up to you if you buy from them directly or not. It is quite simple.... Or they can exclude Customs Office, charge no VAT to non-EU citizens, but then they can expect some serious problems with Tax Office in near future ...

For Jan - by the way, you could call me about this matter personally and not your colleague, although I was glad to hear him after a long time :-)

I hope I cleared some things for you, if not you can write here or send me a message or e-mail: info(at)modelimex.cz.

Have a great day!

Petr Kovar

MODELIMEX

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Petr Hi,

thank you for I think very clear explanation of pricing.

I was not calling you personally but my colleague thanks to the fact - he is responsible for our e-shop and I have asked him to solve the problem with VAT.

I will call you personally next time, I promise, as we had no call for a very long time. Have a nice time.

Sorry for OFF TOPIC gentlemen.

• Like 1

Hi Petr @P.Kovar I appreciate your explaining this so well, it all becomes clear now. Maybe the AZ system can work for small orders outside EU, time well tell. It is good to think though I can always rely on Modelimex for great service too, a big thank you for that. :)

Steve.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Hi Petr @P.Kovar I appreciate your explaining this so well, it all becomes clear now. Maybe the AZ system can work for small orders outside EU, time well tell. It is good to think though I can always rely on Modelimex for great service too, a big thank you for that. :)

Steve.

Another thumbs-up here for Modelimex - I've always had great service from Mr Kovar and his team!

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Btw the correct Czech spelling for Kovar is Kovář.

Therefore it is pronounced 'Kovarsh' if you use Latin alphabet

Please Mr Kovář correct me if I am wrong ...

10 minutes ago, occa said:

Btw the correct Czech spelling for Kovar is Kovář.

Therefore it is pronounced 'Kovarsh' if you use Latin alphabet

Please Mr Kovář correct me if I am wrong ...

Well, in Czech language Kovář is my last name spelled correctly, however in rest of the world I am okay with "Kovar" :-)))  

I understand quite well that our special letters like "ě,š,č,ř,ž,ý,á,í,é,ú,ů" are hard to type for most of people worldwide, so I am not doing a big deal if someone calls me Mr.Kovar 🙂

• Like 1

On 6/21/2018 at 11:45 AM, Jan Polc said:

Very frequently modelled S-22 is a non-sence, as this registration was worn by Slovak Goeland.

Perhaps numbering was re-cycled, here I've found is photo of A-100 with S-22 , however still on Czechoslovak markings

Aero_A-100_01.jpg

Here no unit emblem, so it looks like early 1939. Am I right? The machine is abit non-standard (smaller window, tail wheel?  deeper gunner position, fairings on rigng cables and strange instalation of Pitot tube (?) on left strut).

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up the Z-37A kit from one of my local shops yesterday.

Overall, I like it and the shapes look right though the wing surface structure is overdone.

I can see all kinds of scope for Czech aftermarket companies to really make a bunch of stuff for it as there are finer details that PE could really help with and a vac form canopy that properly represents the slightly blown side windows would be a help too.

Jan, do you have any idea where we might be seeing aftermarket for this kit come from?

Jan - as AZ have already introduced 7 boxings of MiG-17F and 2 of MiG-17PF (featuring different forward fuselage) the question appeared whether do you at all consider issuing the MAIN (over 50% of the whole MiG-17 production including the licence-built variants) variant, called simply MiG-17 (or Fresco-A) ?

What you need is just to convert the rearmost fuselage part of the -17F, as the "plain" -17 has smaller airbrakes and slimmer tailpipe with no afterburner. The only 1/72 (actually 1/75) kit of this variant was available several years ago under Dragon and CZECH Bilek labels. It's worth mention that the unreheated MiG-17s were used by almost 20 air forces worldwide, just to name the USSR, GDR, Bulgaria, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Mongolia, Ceylon, Afghanistan, Cuba, Nigeria, Angola, Somalia, Algeria, Morocco, Congo, Mozambique, a.s.o....   

Thus at least three boxings of this picturesque early jet could be developed using just 2 new fuselage parts and a longer/smaller tailpipe. What do you think about it?

Cheers

Michael

Edited by KRK4m
purely cosmetics
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, KRK4m said:

Jan - as AZ have already introduced 7 boxings of MiG-17F and 2 of MiG-17PF (featuring different forward fuselage) the question appeared whether do you at all consider issuing the MAIN (over 50% of the whole MiG-17 production including the licence-built variants) variant, called simply MiG-17 (or Fresco-A) ?

What you need is just to convert the rearmost fuselage part of the -17F, as the "plain" -17 has smaller airbrakes and slimmer tailpipe with no afterburner. The only 1/72 (actually 1/75) kit of this variant was available several years ago under Dragon and CZECH Bilek labels. It's worth mention that the unreheated MiG-17s were used by almost 20 air forces worldwide, just to name the USSR, GDR, Bulgaria, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Mongolia, Ceylon, Afghanistan, Cuba, Nigeria, Angola, Somalia, Algeria, Morocco, Congo, Mozambique, a.s.o....   

Thus at least three boxings of this picturesque early jet could be developed using just 2 new fuselage parts and a longer/smaller tailpipe. What do you think about it?

Cheers

Michael

sounds like a good idea to me

Gentelemen hi,

sorry for a longer time you had to wait for my reply, it is summer, you know... :-)

JWM - this Aero A-100, coded s22 belonged to Technical institute in Prague, so there is no way to be in Slovak AF after 1939. And, Slovak AF really used code S-22 for its Goeland.

upnorth - I have info from the company owner, that MARABU will release etches for Z-37 in September. MARABU (marabudesign.com) is located in Brno, so nice chance for you....

KRK4m - moulds for MiG-17 are totally dead after some thousands of shots, so we need not only fuselage but the whole kit. So I think that in the near future there is no chance for the new Fresco of any version. Much more probable is Farmer, but also, it is only a plan....

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jan Polc said:

upnorth - I have info from the company owner, that MARABU will release etches for Z-37 in September. MARABU (marabudesign.com) is located in Brno, so nice chance for you....

KRK4m - moulds for MiG-17 are totally dead after some thousands of shots, so we need not only fuselage but the whole kit. So I think that in the near future there is no chance for the new Fresco of any version. Much more probable is Farmer, but also, it is only a plan....

Good to hear where the etch is coming from and that it's coming soon.

I also like that you are considering the possibility of MiG-19 kits.

upnorth - it is only plan, with no date of release etc. I just used this  to explain the probabilities in MiG family...

52 minutes ago, Jan Polc said:

upnorth - it is only plan, with no date of release etc. I just used this  to explain the probabilities in MiG family...

I understand that. But a possible plan is better than a firm "no" when it comes to new kits of classic MiGs

I do wish you'd consider an Aero Ae-45 family in 1/72. When I see the other Czech civilian subjects you do, it would be a shame not to do such a classic as that.