KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

9 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

JWM - pan jest z Polski? To moze po úpolski do mnie pisac... 🙂 

I have the answer from my friend - all known photographs to him - in total four or five - of Slovak A-100 are unfortunately without registration.

Very frequently modelled S-22 is a non-sence, as this registration was worn by Slovak Goeland.

Sorry for that, I did all I could do.

Thank you Jan! I willl check what exactly is in my set of materials on Aero 100 of Slovak airforces from late period, ie. with crosses and yellow fast identification elements. 

Yes, I am from Poland but better keep talk in  English, some more people may interest in this subject as well. :)

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Hi Mike,

it is based our previous kit, with new revised canopy part.

Thanks Jan!

I'm liking the four cannon Spitfire Vc. It's good that you chose one that Sword hadn't already done, all their kits were of the more common 2 cannon Vc. I have built one of your Spitfire IIb kits and it wasn't bad at all.

thanks

Mike

Not wanting to sound silly, however to my eye the KP Spitfire V sprues look a lot like the parts provided with the Sword kits. Am I wrong in assumimg that these kits a similar in construction? 

Cheers.. Dave

3 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Not wanting to sound silly, however to my eye the KP Spitfire V sprues look a lot like the parts provided with the Sword kits. Am I wrong in assumimg that these kits a similar in construction? 

Cheers.. Dave

Yeah, wow, it looks pretty much identical, without digging a Sword kit out of my grotto. Is it a rebox?

13 minutes ago, Mikemx said:

I'm liking the four cannon Spitfire Vc. It's good that you chose one that Sword hadn't already done, all their kits were of the more common 2 cannon Vc. I have built one of your Spitfire IIb kits and it wasn't bad at all.

One of the marking options in the initial Sword Vc boxing is of a Malta Vc with four cannon, I thought. Or maybe just the outer cannon and the inner ones removed? I'm old.

4 minutes ago, Procopius said:

Yeah, wow, it looks pretty much identical, without digging a Sword kit out of my grotto. Is it a rebox?

One of the marking options in the initial Sword Vc boxing is of a Malta Vc with four cannon, I thought. Or maybe just the outer cannon and the inner ones removed? I'm old.

It might have been. I've got the Malta Spitfire/Re2001 set and the Aussie Vc boxing and they are all 2 cannon jobs. I don't remember any 4 cannon Sword Spitfires, although I did make one as they kit had 4 resin cannon barrels and I had spare decals from the Airfix kit.

thanks

Mike

19 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Cheers.. Dave

Looks to me like the KP kit with a new wing.

previous KP Mk.V kit: http://www.hyperscale.com/2016/reviews/kits/kpm0056reviewmd_1.htm

Sword Mk. V kit: https://www.super-hobby.co.uk/products/Supermarine-Spitfire-Mk.-Vc-Trop-RAAF.html

Those exhausts and prop are definitely not Sword.

• Thanks 2

Spitfire Vc - no, it has nothing common with Sword kit.

Our Vc is based on the previous Vb by KP with completely new wings, these being based on our IXc wings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jan Polc said:

Spitfire Vc - no, it has nothing common with Sword kit.

Our Vc is based on the previous Vb by KP with completely new wings, these being based on our IXc wings.

Thanks for clearing this up Jan and sorry to suggest the question in the first place.

I've been taking a good look at these kits and they look quite good to my eye as well.

Looking forwad to the Vc hitting the 'online' shops, as they will never reach my LHS I'm afraid.

Cheers.. Dave

Rabbit Leader - and what is your LHS? Ask them to stock KP/AZ, we have no problem with it.

Anyway, I am not working in distribution (unless perfect cooperation with LanceB)  but if I remember good we stock MAKO models in Croydon Hills, Victoria.

MAKO models in Croydon Hills, Victoria.

I live about 20k from Croydon Hills and I have never heard of this shop (I presume) MAKO.

You can get KP/AZ kits from Red Roo if you are in Australia - usually just ones with some sort of Australian connection but we can get whatever you want.

We have just ordered some 4 cannon Spitfires and Stinsons and we will get Comets.

@Jan Polc I have sent you an email with other suggestions for this shop - please reply with what you think.

Edit - we have located him - a Faecbook page, no shop

• Like 1

Dear gentlemen,

we have one hot news for you - we just launched our company´s own e-shop.

You can easily buy on one place kits from KP and AZ range.

Visit us at - 

https://eshop.kovozavody.cz/

And, let me wish to you sunny holidays.

Jan

• Like 2

Morning Jan

I was having a look at you're new web shop and came across your SU-7 kits. 

Are these Smer kits re-packaged with etch and the moulds cleaned or are they new moulds?

Thanks 

James

Looks good Jan, I’ll take a closer look a little later. One question if I may, does the 60 Euro free postage only apply to Europe? 

Cheers.. Dave 

franky boy - Su-7 kits are SMER ones, with additional parts for BM version - injected and etches.

Rabbit Leader - 60EUR limit for free postage is valid worldwide with only one exception - Australia... 😄  (No, joking, 60EUR limit is for everybody including you)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hello !!

I've just received the Spit Vc and I want to know why the third cylinder of the radial engine is missing ...

OK now seriously, very nice kit, excellent molding.

Three propeller and three spinner types to chose from for example.

Edit ^^obviously only one is used tho and it's the Hamilton which is mislabeled as Rotol.

Likely it should be only the Rotol for the kit's decal choices.

Aboukir and Vokes filter, 3 and six stub exhausts etc etc ...

Looks like a full winner IMO

• Like 3

occa - thanks for your comment on propellers. I have to check it and correct for the next boxing. I will also include

propeller type into camouflage remarks.

Hi Jan, I registered on your website & did a trial run, same shipping for two kits as one, so this would work for me, but I noticed that even though I registered to a New Zealand address, it appeared I was still going to be charged the VAT inclusive price. I didn't proceed as I can't afford to just now, it was a practice run for me but I wonder is this a glitch that needs some attention?

Steve.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, occa said:

Three propeller and three spinner types to chose from for example.

Edit ^^obviously only one us used tho and it's the Hamilton which is mislabeled as Rotol. 

I'm not aware that Spitfires used Hamilton propellers.

45 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

They called them De Havillands, as they were built under licence.  The Spitfire didn't use any propellers built by Hamilton Standard.

Thanks, I understand. Apologies to @occa

On 6/29/2018 at 11:16 AM, stevehnz said:

Hi Jan, I registered on your website & did a trial run, same shipping for two kits as one, so this would work for me, but I noticed that even though I registered to a New Zealand address, it appeared I was still going to be charged the VAT inclusive price. I didn't proceed as I can't afford to just now, it was a practice run for me but I wonder is this a glitch that needs some attention?

Steve.

Hi, let me explain the "VAT problem" - there are two ways we can process the delivery - 

a) via post as a normal parcel, with the price including VAT worldwide. This variant we have chosen. It is easy to process and there are no other complications.

b) strictly look at the district of delivery and deduct the VAT if address is outside EU. But then we have to go to the customs and make a custom declaration, which is not for free, costs some 20EUR.

For your info - VAT when orderind 5 average kits is approx. 15 EUR. (And, when ordering these 5 kits you reach 60EUR limit for free postage worldwide, even to NZ.).

Believe me, that we have chosen the most cheap variant of delivery for you.

• Thanks 1