KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

The Martinet was done by Pavla a few years back, who also did the Messenger, as did Aeroclub 

I do not think the Fairey IIIF has been done in injection moulding, I know Contrail did a vacform as I have one. 

2 minutes ago, Mr T said:

The Martinet was done by Pavla a few years back, who also did the Messenger, as did Aeroclub 

I do not think the Fairey IIIF has been done in injection moulding, I know Contrail did a vacform as I have one. 

Thanks for that, I'd forgotten about the Pavla kits.

Now the Fairey IIIF is a fine looking aeroplane, I'd be happy to see one of those.

53 minutes ago, Seahawk said:

How about a Hawker Henley?  Attactive airframe, a number of different target tug marking options (FAA and RAF), plenty of what-if potential.

Could go with that, prob easier than the Magna kit and never kitted as a IM kit. 

3 hours ago, Seahawk said:

How about a Hawker Henley?  Attactive airframe, a number of different target tug marking options (FAA and RAF), plenty of what-if potential.

It was also a Formaplane vacform.

Trevor

6 hours ago, Mr T said:

I hesitate to bring this up, but the Merlin Models Fairey IIIF is injection molded (ducks for cover):

36 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

Personally, I'd like to see an injection molded Blackburn R-1 Blackburn and a Short Seamew.

Oddball!:mental: 

I had to Google the Blackburn, all I can say is "MY EYES, MY EYES"!

I'm off now to lie down in a darkened room, I may have resort to strong liquor to overcome this!

Edited by Wez
  • Like 2

Yes indeed, a Blackburn Blackburn (I actually have an old Contrail vacuform kit of this magnificent aerial beauty). We need one! Or two; both versions - I mean one's more beautiful than the other.

Regards,

Jason

12 minutes ago, Wez said:

Oddball!:mental: 

I had to Google the Blackburn, all I can say is "MY EYES, MY EYES"!

I'm off now to lie down in a darkened room, I may have resort to strong liquor to overcome this!

You mean you'd never heard of the Blackburn Blackburn?!! The aeroplane so wondrous they had to name it twice? For shame!

Best Regards,

Jason

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Learstang said:

Yes indeed, a Blackburn Blackburn (I actually have an old Contrail vacuform kit of this magnificent aerial beauty). We need one! Or two; both versions - I mean one's more beautiful than the other.

Regards,

Jason

Another weirdo

know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but...

...anyway, it looks as though it would fly faster going backwards!

Edited by Wez
Speelung!!
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Learstang said:

You mean you'd never heard of the Blackburn Blackburn?!! The aeroplane so wondrous they had to name it twice? For shame!

It's not that I'd never heard of it, it's just I'd successfully managed to blank it from my mind!

I'm off for my medicine! :drink:

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wez said:

It's not that I'd never heard of it, it's just I'd successfully managed to blank it from my mind!

I'm off for my medicine! :drink:

Now picture it with the wings folded!

• Like 1

Nice to look at your tips...

But, we will keep the project in secret now.

I have got info from production, we can expect 109K and Spit Vc in June if everything goes OK.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

Now picture it with the wings folded!

You Sir are depraved!!

Nurse!!  My medicine!  Right now!  The really strong stuff!!!!!! :drink::drink::drink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Learstang said:

Regards,

Jason

There was also a trainer version (3 built) with a side-by-side open cockpit. These were converted Mk.I's.

While it gets roundly mocked for its looks, the Blackburn was not an insignificant aircraft. It served from 1923 until 1931, which is a long time considering the pace of aeronautical developments at that time.

Edited by VMA131Marine
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

I hesitate to bring this up, but the Merlin Models Fairey IIIF is injection molded (ducks for cover):

Completely forgot about this one, still would make a nice kit. 

Hello Jan,

I just saw the box art for the upcoming Z-37 kit. Thanks so much for including OK-CKR in the marking options, it's good to be able to model a well known local machine. :-)

Edited by upnorth
  • Thanks 1

So boys, Mr. Reinis just finished his work on boxart for Comet. Grosvenor House like real thing. And you are the first who can see it.

boxart01.jpg

• Like 21