KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

Just a thought, given the amount of times these aircraft changed hands, received paint jobs to compete in different challenges and underwent constructional alterations maybe their paint schemes were ever changing & evolving & therefore we cannot state there were definitive or permanent schemes for each craft.

On 28. 2. 2018 at 3:24 AM, spaddad said:

Just draw comfort from the fact that your English is a hell of a lot better than my Czech.

My Czech  =   pivo prosim, velkhe,  which is all you need really.

After enough pivo, "Kde je záchod" also comes in handy. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gentlemen,

I am getting lost in all that info about Comet.

I will make another box preview and will ask for new wave of comments.

And BIG thank you.

Jan

Edited by Jan Polc
  • Like 1

Gentlemen...

I have read your comments and (if I understood all clearly) changed the design of Burberry Comet.

Can you look at the picture and comment on it? We have some days until the decals will leave AZ to the printer...

Corrected Burberry is here - 

burberry.jpg

• Like 1

On 02/03/2018 at 11:07 PM, SleeperService said:

About The Burberry. Has anyone thought of contacting Burberry the Company? It's the sort of business that would keep all sorts of stuff. They may even have a record of the colour scheme which, even then, they would have final approval on.

Silly question! About as good as the ones about following the instructions!! :rofl2:

Just sent a request for help to Burberry, 18:00 Monday 05-03-2018 will let all know what transpires.

7 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Gentlemen...

I have read your comments and (if I understood all clearly) changed the design of Burberry Comet.

Can you look at the picture and comment on it? We have some days until the decals will leave AZ to the printer...

Jan

it looks good to my eye's! You may want to try the trim and Reg. in Burgundy and the Knight in 'gold' on a burgundy ground.

If you are willing to wait a little while, if Burberry still hold information in their archives and are willing to share with me,

unless expressly forbidden, I'll quite happily share with all.

Paul

Edited by PhoenixII
Spelling, Doh!
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

Silly question! About as good as the ones about following the instructions!! :rofl2:

Just sent a request for help to Burberry, 18:00 Monday 05-03-2018 will let all know what transpires.

Jan

it looks good to my eye's! You may want to try the trim and Reg. in Burgandy and the Knight in 'gold' on a burgandy ground.

If you are willing to wait a little while, if Burberry still hold information in their archives and are willing to share with me,

unless expressly forbidden, I'll quite happily share with all.

Paul

:rofl:I thought those bits of paper were advertisements, instructions indeed, whatever next?

I would have done it myself but I've been a headless chicken the last couple of days. Let us hope your request gets a favourable reply.

3 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Gentlemen, this is so amazing, in fact we are all working on the kit. Nice. Thank you so much.

I think we're all happy to help when it is appreciated and the information used. Thank you Jan for being so good at keeping everybody in the picture.

Now about that 1/48 FD.2 delayed from SMW...??? ;)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

:rofl:I thought those bits of paper were advertisements, instructions indeed, whatever next?

Now about that 1/48 FD.2 delayed from SMW...???

I know......so strange! :surprised:

What next? Think you just may have answered your own question on the bottom line.....:whistle:

• Haha 1

So gentlemen....

I just finished all changes in the second boxing of Comet.....

All Silver variants were refused, I do not know where the idea of Silver finish was born... :-)

Prototype is in the Autumn Mist Pale Green overall with comet on one side only. Another propeller spinners - pointed and another propellers - Hamilton Standard. (All conversion parts are in the kit, including new fuselage nose without light).

The Burberry - we decided to use Burberry house colours, taken from the sample posted here via link. I plan to include logo with Golden knight into decal sheet. But my opinion is that it was White.

The Orphan - hard game, but looking at BW photos is everytime kind of magic.... In the end we decided, that aircraft was painted in Pale Green (Autumn Mist) colour with Light Blue registration. I designed profile, converted it into Grey shades and we were checking the shades and comparing with photographs. Maybe we are very close, maybe very far from the reality....

I would like to thank you again, it was nice job to work together even if we are hudreds kilometers far one to each other.

The last boxing will include "Salazar" from Portugal, RAF Silver bird and French H-609 in Red. If you have some information about French bird, please share it.

DH-88-camo-box-2-1.jpg

• Like 3

we are looking for the colour as close as possible from Humbrol range we use as a reference now. There will be call out on the box, don´t be afraid... :-)

• Like 1

I have been following this conversation for the last couple of weeks.

Great thanks to all the expertise here on Britmodeller - that is why this forum is soooo good for the hobby.  :D

AND a fulsome thanks to Jan for taking on board the advice given and making the necessary changes.  I cannot think of another kit manufacturer who is so willing to talk to its customers and take on board constructive advice.  Good man Jan, ....and AZ :clap2:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, manuel said:

Jan very happy with your work and reactivity, I wait hardly for comet.

And what about a Blackburn Buccaneer;) ?

Manuel

Of course, Manuel forgot to state the scale, it is, of course, 1/48th to go with the FD.2................ :whistle:

Gentlemen, as I know there is a company working on Buccaneers in both scales. I do not remeber the name, but the company is Turkish I think. So stay tuned.

The Comets look absolutely super! I can't wait to stock up on a few of them!

Burberry beige looks almost like Humbrol Satin Oak (or in a pinch, radome tan) to me. (With the obvious caveat that what colours my eyes see may bear little resemblance to reality! :P )

The upcoming Spitfire Vc looks sweet as well, the one depicted in the photo a couple of pages back lives not far from me in the Port Adelaide Aviation Museum. It used to belong to a fellow named Langdon Badger who, back in the 80's, kept it in his garden shed. If that sounds odd, he was the owner of a fairly substantial business in Adelaide and had a huge property in the rather flash suburb of Malvern. His 'garden shed' would have put some small houses to shame for floor area. I was involved (via an arms collectors club) in sourcing various parts (to whit a Hispano or two plus some .303" Brownings and other bits) for him in the late 80's. I'm sure I've got some old photos of it (back then it was wearing an RAF DFS IIRC.) I think it went to the Museum in the late 90's where it was repainted into its current Aussie colours, which have been tweaked on and off to this day. Again, I'll have to have a dig through my photos.

Now, about that Spitfire XII... :whistle:

• Like 1

I know you don't have too many helicopter kits in the range, but do you think an Enstrom 480B might be a possible future kit?

I ask as the a question about the existence of Enstrom 480B kits came up recently in the "Modern Aircraft" section of the forums and I know that CLV at Pardubice will be taking on some Enstroms to replace the Mil Mi-2 in the near future.

It could be a nice subject and there are some nice marking options in both civilian and military themes for it.

Edited by upnorth

upnorth - telling true, I had to look at wikipedia to find out what is Enstrom 480B..... :-) Nice helo anyway. But..., we have full release schedule up to the end of 2018 and moreless to June 2019, life is too quick in our offices.

Spit Vc - we are very very close gents, we want it as summer sunshine surprise for you. And Spit XII is more and more discussed here.... (I am not promising, just informing you about the talks)

upnorth - do you live in Brno? I am travelling there often, what about some beers in Air Café?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jan Polc said:

Spit Vc - we are very very close gents, we want it as summer sunshine surprise for you. And Spit XII is more and more discussed here.... (I am not promising, just informing you about the talks)

Excellent news, thank you.

3 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Afternoon Jan!

Good news indeed. If you’re looking for marking options here is my Airfix I That I modded as a Vc in 312 Sqn markings using my spares box earlier this year.....

28405594009_b062a04868_b.jpg

Trevor

• Like 2