KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

Gents please keep your comments in this thread to model related issues and the products. Please dont degenerate to personal insults. Please dont also respond, just report them. 

This is unfair to Jan and other members who come here for fun, its a hobby for us please dont forget that.

One member has now got a 31 day suspension which we dont like to do.

Thanks

Julien

• Like 1

Dear gentlemen - 

Bf 109K - K-6 was K-4 version with underwing MK 108 cannons - this one was planned only, never flew, K-14 was fitted with four blade propeller, two build, one for sure flying, but crashed during its way to Geschwader.

At the moment of release there will be an article published on www.modelarovo.cz, also in English version.

To the twin engined aircraft we are working on - it is DH 88 Comet. In four various boxes. We are very sorry that we did not fulfill a lot of personal wishes. :-) Next time...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

(...)To the twin engined aircraft we are working on - it is DH 88 Comet. In four various boxes. We are very sorry that we did not fulfill a lot of personal wishes. :-) Next time...

So just as MikroMir  :-< ... Thread: link

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

I already have the exquisite SBS kit, but another DH 88 won't be an inconvenience!

Mikro-Mir kits are stocked by Hobby Terra (https://hobbyterra.com/index.php), an excellent on-line vendor for hard-to-find stuff. I've placed 5 orders with them now and nary an issue.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, charlie_c67 said:

Ooooh the Whif potential! :)

I'd been thinking that too!  I was wondering about dropping the rear fuselage, turning it into a single seater and putting four machine guns in the nose, then there's options for a recc' version...   :hmmm:

2 hours ago, Wez said:

I'd been thinking that too!  I was wondering about dropping the rear fuselage, turning it into a single seater and putting four machine guns in the nose, then there's options for a recc' version...   :hmmm:

Thats just sick. :D

Steve.

• Haha 2

Gentlemen, I have a question to all of you - working on DH-88, I have got info from UK, that correctly imatriculation on Green and Red racer was Silver, not White. Can you help me with this? Also - in some references there is stated that Green racer had also stylised comet (line) on the fuselage, in Silver. On my poor quality photos is not visible. And - what was the colour of prototype E.19? My source says it was Pale Green.

For your comments or PM BIG thank you and enjoy the weekend, f*cking short as usually... :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Dear gentlemen,

we have studied materials we have got from you. All temporary materials and files from Shuttleworth are talking about Silver imatriculation on two Comets, only Black Magic had Gold ones. So we changed our camouflage schemes for the "MacRobertson Air Race" boxing.

Attached is the artwork, so you can see it and all your comments are welcomed.

NOTE: Restored Grosvenor House has imatriculation in White, but it is written in Shuttleworth files that "it was decided to change the colour from original Silver to White".

DH-88-camo-box-1-def.jpg

Edited by Jan Polc
  • Like 3